October 20, 2014 | 2055 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Schiap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Throwing in my 2 cents because I think the pictures above are very misleading. Schiap is a crazy candy bright pink. It leans blue but I would never call it a fuchsia. It has a satin finish as another user explained, so in the pic of Kim K, the artist must have been layering products; I do not think that lip looks like Schiap at all. This lipstick makes MAC Girl About Town look subtle. It is not exactly neon but very pigmented and attention-grabbing. This is a step above your typical pop-of-colour pink. Interestingly, the tone of this shade makes the colour much more friendly than many famed pink lippies. I would highly recommend swatching before buying.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the vibrancy of this colour. I looked at several hot pink lipsticks and this is the one I settled on. It is a punchy colour with full, even coverage. There is no glitter or shimmer in it. It is quite youthful and it really looks fabulous with my fair complexion. I find that it isn't as drying as other Nars matte lipsticks like 'Catfight'. I find that it is fairly long wearing but it does come off when I eat/drink. This is my fun weekend/going out/party lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by wandawoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect matte hot pink lipstick. Brighter than bubblegum...it's almost neon. NARS has the boldest and best colors. 'Schiap', I love you. A swipe of NARS 'hot wired' gloss on top keeps my lips from drying out while still keeping the color true. If only I could find a hot pink liner to match...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by saraheff

Absolutely my favourite lipstick, this colour has such great pigment you can apply a tiny bit by dabbing onto lips for a more sheer look or just swipe it for true colour coverage. My first NARS lipstick and won't be my last, I adore this colour. I have very very very pale skin and find this pink really pops against my cool skintone - great for summer with some waterproof mascara and a tiny bit of bronzer, stays put all day and is a dream to apply and the texture isn't too drying like other matte lipsticks. My go-to colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by princesshorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the color of this lipstick. I never bought a NARS lipstick, but I love their glosses so I thought, why not? It's not the best lipstick I have ever owned but I still like it of course. A little pricey when you could find better for cheaper, but still not bad nonetheless. It stays on for a good bit and can handle an entire day without having to reapply. My favorite thing about it is the color, still.
Would look into buying other NARS lipsticks with nice colors too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by shesparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore you, Schiap. Everyone should adore Schiap, but it's important to know what you're getting. The tube pic above is very true to color; the photos of it on, not so much. It's not fuchsia, there's no purple or berry in it, so Kim K must be wearing a gloss over it. And the MUAer swatch I would guess is applied as a stain--the real effect on me is very true to color in the tube. Schiap is an obnoxious, bright, shocking pink, but it's actually fairly easy to wear for all that. A bit drying--I'd say it's totally and not semi-matte--but we suffer for beauty.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Was not impressed by this lipstick, even though it has such a fun reputation. It looked really dark on my lips, probably because they are so pigmented. I had a better look when I used Revlon's Stormy Pink.

Also, the texture of this lipstick is so dry. Had to use a lip gloss.

And the color is not opaque enough for 1 swipe. Have to layer it multiple times to get that full look, and it's hard not to have an uneven line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect shocking pink lipstick. I love the comfortable, long-lasting, semi-matte finish. Looks great with simple nude eye make up and lots of black mascara. It's my summer version of 'red' lipstick and wear it on nights out with the girls. It's a head turning color for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by fashion10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful fun hot pink colour. Looks great paired with a bronzy look and mascara. I blot it on my lips then smooth it out with my hands so it doesn't come out to bright. I'm an Nc45 reference. I would definitely recommend for caramel girls.
UPDATE: too dry for me! took it back to Sephora

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by stephanieee

if you're looking for a statement lip color, look no further. schiap is the color equivalent of an exclamation point to me. it's bright neon pink with no shimmer but not completely matte either. it is drying on me so i have to really exfoliate and moisturize to get it to look nice. i like wearing this with very minimal makeup just because it is such a shocking color.