NARS Schiap

4.5

on 2/16/2013 6:07:00 AM

I wanted this for ages but when it was bought as a gift it was too neon for me. At 40 i think wearing neon pink made me look a bit silly. I do love bright colours, i have Nars Heat Wave which i feel more comfortable in. I just felt a bimbo wearing candy pink, the blue tones in it are nice however. I have Mac girl about town which i dont feel daft wearing.

on 1/23/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Everything about this lipstick is hot, hot, hot! If you ask me, there is no better blue-based hot pink in the world. Schiap is an extremely bright fuchsia lipstick that with bold neon undertones, that looks so gorgeously vibrant day and night. It is so unbelievably bright thanks to the semi-matte finish, that for such a pigmented shade is non-drying on my lips. It looks so good on ladies with darker hair and medium colouring. Because I have both these features, I can wear this shade anytime of day and it just brightens my complexion and makes my eyes look brighter. The best feature, obviously apart from the pigmentation is its longevity. Id say with Schiap, a good 6-8 hours of wear is totally achievable. Ive worn this throughout the whole day without any touch ups. This lipstick also has a delectable scent to it, like grapefruits and lemons? Well a definite hint of citrus nonetheless. A very similar shade is MAC 'Girl About Town' lipstick, but I prefer Schiap.

on 1/22/2013 7:16:00 PM

Truthfully excited about writing a review on this product. The color, texture, and smell can't get any better than this. Out of all my vibrantly colored lipsticks(all MACs), I can't help but to keep wearing this one; I'm addicted! Before I go out, I literally try on a few other colors just like trying on different outfits; however, it always comes back to this one. I feel bad for my other colors as they are being neglected. I will keep wearing Schiap until I get tired of it someday one day. It also accentuates and shapes my lips very beautifully and en pointe. I have many pics of me wearing the color; if you'd like to see, msg me! I also wanted to note I did buy a comparable color in MAC called Candy Yum Yum. A little similar to Schiap but it is more matte, a little brighter, and more Barbie-ish. Gorgeous color; however, like I said, Schiap keeps my attention. Sometimes I mix both. I have nothing negative to say. Although a bit pricey, it is well worth it. I always have fun with it and looks great on me as others say.

on 1/7/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is a bright fuschia-pink, semi-matte lipstick. I love Nars lippies for their texture and this is no exception. It can be easily glide on the lips, the color might seem garish sometimes but with some outfit coordinations, it is just the right pop of colour I need! It is quite long lasting and will leave a nice stain of pink behind after wiping/eating. A lot of other luxury brands' lippies sometimes seem too creamy and "melty" looking for my liking.

on 10/28/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Throwing in my 2 cents because I think the pictures above are very misleading. Schiap is a crazy candy bright pink. It leans blue but I would never call it a fuchsia. It has a satin finish as another user explained, so in the pic of Kim K, the artist must have been layering products; I do not think that lip looks like Schiap at all. This lipstick makes MAC Girl About Town look subtle. It is not exactly neon but very pigmented and attention-grabbing. This is a step above your typical pop-of-colour pink. Interestingly, the tone of this shade makes the colour much more friendly than many famed pink lippies. I would highly recommend swatching before buying.

on 10/12/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love the vibrancy of this colour. I looked at several hot pink lipsticks and this is the one I settled on. It is a punchy colour with full, even coverage. There is no glitter or shimmer in it. It is quite youthful and it really looks fabulous with my fair complexion. I find that it isn't as drying as other Nars matte lipsticks like 'Catfight'. I find that it is fairly long wearing but it does come off when I eat/drink. This is my fun weekend/going out/party lipstick!

on 9/24/2012 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the perfect matte hot pink lipstick. Brighter than bubblegum...it's almost neon. NARS has the boldest and best colors. 'Schiap', I love you. A swipe of NARS 'hot wired' gloss on top keeps my lips from drying out while still keeping the color true. If only I could find a hot pink liner to match...

on 9/24/2012 10:19:00 PM

Absolutely my favourite lipstick, this colour has such great pigment you can apply a tiny bit by dabbing onto lips for a more sheer look or just swipe it for true colour coverage. My first NARS lipstick and won't be my last, I adore this colour. I have very very very pale skin and find this pink really pops against my cool skintone - great for summer with some waterproof mascara and a tiny bit of bronzer, stays put all day and is a dream to apply and the texture isn't too drying like other matte lipsticks. My go-to colour.

I really like the color of this lipstick. I never bought a NARS lipstick, but I love their glosses so I thought, why not? It's not the best lipstick I have ever owned but I still like it of course. A little pricey when you could find better for cheaper, but still not bad nonetheless. It stays on for a good bit and can handle an entire day without having to reapply. My favorite thing about it is the color, still.
Would look into buying other NARS lipsticks with nice colors too!

on 9/1/2012 7:40:00 PM

I adore you, Schiap. Everyone should adore Schiap, but it's important to know what you're getting. The tube pic above is very true to color; the photos of it on, not so much. It's not fuchsia, there's no purple or berry in it, so Kim K must be wearing a gloss over it. And the MUAer swatch I would guess is applied as a stain--the real effect on me is very true to color in the tube. Schiap is an obnoxious, bright, shocking pink, but it's actually fairly easy to wear for all that. A bit drying--I'd say it's totally and not semi-matte--but we suffer for beauty.

Video Reviews & Tutorials