July 30, 2014 | 1903 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

very nice powdery scent, I really like this but I do think this is to close to Liz Claiborne's Curve Crush and that is much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by JaydeFox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my absolute favorite fragrances. It is so perfectly named too! I tend to reach for this during the cold, winter months as this fragrance really does make me feel all warm and cozy. It's elegant and perfect for nights when you feel like snuggling up with the one you love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by heavyboots

I just love love love this perfume! HG! I knew I had to have it when I took a whiff of it in a magazine about 4 years ago. The words that come to mind when putting this perfume on are delicate and comforting and the rich vanilla note really lingers. Pretty long lasting on the skin, and in fact, I can still smell it on my winter scarf from last year. This is my favorite DK scent and I will continue to repurchase. The only thing that bothers me is the bottle shape/design, I wish they would update it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Starts off painfully (literally) sharp and strong, but dries down into a warm, velvety, not-quite-clean skin scent, like I showered before bed and spent all night burrowed under the covers. It has a sweetness with a slightly bitter edge, like icing roses on a birthday cake, that I enjoy. Reminds me of VS Endless Love. The fact that the initial spray nearly slew me and that I prefer more ostentatious tropical floral scents means that this isn't for me, but I understand its popularity.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Arik26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Something went wrong here. I ripped a sniff sample out of a magazine and instantly fell in love. It was just the right mix of dry woods, vanilla and musk with an ethereal airiness that one doesn't often come across. Then I went to the mall and sprayed it on my skin. What is that, wet diaper? Ugh. Too bad. I so wanted a bottle of this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by niczal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read all the reviews and then saw this product for $50 at costco...I was ready to buy this unsniffed. It sounded perfect. But I decided to wait and, surprise surprise, I got home to find a sample card tucked in a flyer in the local paper. Excitedly, I ripped open the sample and enjoyed a sniff. Then I felt nauseaus. Then I started to get a headache. So, I tucked the sample under the kitchen sink to neutralize the smell of the garbage. But I could still smell that stinkly little strip. So I recycled the paper. Still I could smell it and my stomache was turning like you wouldn't belive. I had to put the strip outside!! And still I could smell it went I walked into the kitchen; I have never had that kind of adverse reaction to a scent before. Headaches sure..but this smell physically revolted me. I have no idea why but I am sure glad I did not buy a bottle!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

Cashmere Mist is beautiful, baby powder for grownups. I think the most ravishing thing about it is the salty note in the base.

CM manages to combine a salty sandalwood, a very delicate musk, a feathery spine of jasmine and vetiver, a brushing of suede, and a beautiful coat of powder (probably the orris). It's subtle, natural smelling, and yet there's something inherently sexy in there.

Bill Blass Nude is a smellalike, but has a somewhat bitter note my nose picks up as tuberose. Crown Tanglewood Bouquet is BB Nude taken to an extreme, but also has that powdery/creamy quality CM has.

I've tried a few formulations of CM. The worst thing I could say about it is that it has intimate sillage and doesn't have the most amazing lasting power. On the other hand, CM has hit the frag oil duplicators. The dupe out (and everyone has the same one, even if they're claiming theirs is unique) is not the closest in the dupe genre, but it is close enough that you could use it to scent a bath, or lotion, and it will extend/amplify the real thing a bit. But basically, CM will never hit the discounters at a significant markdown, and will never go on sale - it has a largish and devoted following. The extendor products are amazing, especially the deodorant.

Cashmere Mist is one of the few fragrances I'd pay full price for, and I wouldn't let the fact that lots of women buy it bother me. It's subtle enough to smell just a little different on everybody and it's a perfect fragrance for the office, for when you don't want to smell like you're Wearing Perfume, but do want to smell "nice," and for intimate situations where noticeable scent is too much. It's totally a Your-Skin-But-Better frag. The packaging is gorgeous, and it layers beautifully. Draped over a leather, or dusted with vanilla, or Egyptian musk, it moves in beautiful directions.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by UnBelleParfum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist EDT is my go-to for these moments, itís the perfume equivalent of a fluffy white robe straight from the tumble dryer. There is little more than a super soft vanilla and musk combination layered over a base of pale woods with just the barest hint of white flowers (lily of the valley and jasmine.)

Simplicity is the key to this scent and the combination of these notes gives the illusion of lightly powdered skin, freshly washed and dried, ready to be touched. Itís sensual without being overtly sexy and yet simple without being boring.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know many love this fragrance, but boy...it reeks, imo. I have tried this on more than one occasion, but it just doesn't work. I don't have the chemistry for it nor do I find it pleasant on others. Nothing cozy about it. Very much an old lady scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by depczydo

My older sister used to wear this fragrance all the time when I was younger and I LOVED smelling it on her. It smells very classy. When I got older I decided to pick up a bottle for myself. I really enjoy the scent, BUT actually wearing the fragrance feels like a chore. I'll usually regret spraying it because when I get a whiff of it, it just smells thick/overpowering and I look forward to showering and getting rid of the scent. I just feel uncomfortable wearing it...if that makes any sense. So bottom line for me is that I love the scent in moderation, but I don't think it works well on me.