December 19, 2014 | 1679 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by BillyeT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cashmere Mist EDP has been a favorite of mine since in was first introduced. As the name implies it is an elegant, soft, clean fragrance that is unobtrusive as long as you don't bathe in it. I have received numerous compliments, the most common that it smells elegant, soft, powdery with a hint of mystery. The dry-down is beautiful and it lasts. As with all fragrances (due to skin chemistry or personal taste), not everyone is going to like it, however, it is not a "granny" fragrance as noted by other reviewers. I'm not interested in smelling like chocolate, bubblegum, fruit or a mixture of candy scents. I will leave those to the teenagers (the only ones that should be wearing those types of fragrances). I will also leave those over-powering, loud fragrances to the over-weight woman with the garish make-up and the too tight clothing that doesn't realize less is often more. Cashmere Mist gently caresses you and the people close to you. It doesn't reach out, slap you in the nose and leaves you gasping for air

10 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

This has been my signature scent since 2002 and I always get compliments on this scent. It's a bit strong when you first put it on but dries to a nice, light scent that is not at all overpowering. It's a very lady-like scent. I actually just ran out of mine and will be buying another bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by WaterQueene77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It was a Christmas present a couple of years ago, but I tend to reach for it more in warmer weather. We are having an unseasonably warm month of March here in Boston and I have been wearing this every day.

It seems that I am in the minority here, but I love the bottle. Very elegant and sleek.

The missing lippie is because it doesn't seem to last long on me ... am I the only one? The smell seems to fade to nothing within an hour or two. Sometimes I can smell it on my clothes the next day, though, so maybe my nose is going blind a bit.

Happy spring, everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love it - when im in the right mood for it. i have noticed it smells vastly different on people, like many perfumes do. but the "old lady" commentary makes no sense to me - it looks clear that young women love it as well as older. i do feel i like it most in cold weather, definitely, and in small amounts. anything piled on tends to stink lol

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Got this one for Christmas. So nice and easy to wear. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

very nice powdery scent, I really like this but I do think this is to close to Liz Claiborne's Curve Crush and that is much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by JaydeFox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my absolute favorite fragrances. It is so perfectly named too! I tend to reach for this during the cold, winter months as this fragrance really does make me feel all warm and cozy. It's elegant and perfect for nights when you feel like snuggling up with the one you love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by heavyboots

I just love love love this perfume! HG! I knew I had to have it when I took a whiff of it in a magazine about 4 years ago. The words that come to mind when putting this perfume on are delicate and comforting and the rich vanilla note really lingers. Pretty long lasting on the skin, and in fact, I can still smell it on my winter scarf from last year. This is my favorite DK scent and I will continue to repurchase. The only thing that bothers me is the bottle shape/design, I wish they would update it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Starts off painfully (literally) sharp and strong, but dries down into a warm, velvety, not-quite-clean skin scent, like I showered before bed and spent all night burrowed under the covers. It has a sweetness with a slightly bitter edge, like icing roses on a birthday cake, that I enjoy. Reminds me of VS Endless Love. The fact that the initial spray nearly slew me and that I prefer more ostentatious tropical floral scents means that this isn't for me, but I understand its popularity.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Arik26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Something went wrong here. I ripped a sniff sample out of a magazine and instantly fell in love. It was just the right mix of dry woods, vanilla and musk with an ethereal airiness that one doesn't often come across. Then I went to the mall and sprayed it on my skin. What is that, wet diaper? Ugh. Too bad. I so wanted a bottle of this.