November 20, 2014 | 1888 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Curl Conscious Defining Creme

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is way too goopy for my hair - if I put this in, i can't run my fingers through my hair and it frizzes like crazy. Holds a curl, but not worth the tangles.

EDIT: I passed this off to a friend with fine, curly hair, and it works wonderfully on her.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by callie147

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, this creme smells amazing, but thats all the positive comments i have about this product. The creme did hold a curl but my hair was super frizzy!!! Definitely not what i expected from Bumble & Bumble. I won't be buying this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Queen23bree

Alright ladies, my Godmother is a Pro hair stylist and luckily her salon is a Bumble & Bumble user. Anyway she gave me this creme in it's regular size and i loved it! I don't need anything else. Sometimes I apply Biosilk serum b4 to give my hair an extra shine. A little goes a long way with this creme. i apply more on the ends. I part my hair in 4 sections and apply and scrunch. And i flip my hair over and blow-dry with my diffuser. Not completely dry just 80%. I have been buying this product for over a year now. Luckily i have connections, so now i buy the liter of this creme and pay $50 vs. $85

it does not feel hard or sticky! And it smells divine!
I found my perfect curl creme!! YAY

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by stilamila

A must for my curly, thick hair. I use this after every hair wash. It makes the hair soft and flowy, nourishes it, and provides a nice natural finish (just shiny enough). I totally adore it!

UPDATE: Why oh why did they have to discontinue this product and completely revamp the whole curl conscious line? For me the old line was genius and the new one is just confusing. I will have to find me some new curl creme.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by nessa_97

Love LOVE this product. I didn't give it an extra "lipstick" because it doesn't have a lot of hold and can make my hair "big" in humidity and high heat.

With that said, it is the only product that produces huge, frizz free curls. Leaves my curly hair smelling great and looking shiny. The price is a bit expensive, but reasonable for what it does. I buy it regularly and mix it with just a touch of gel (for hold)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by karobinette

This is a nice product for moisturizing and giving some frizz-control, but I don't get a lot of definition or "curl creation" out of it. I have extremely thick, dry, wavy hair. I like that it doesn't make my hair stiff or hard like a lot of other curl products/gels do (the one by Bedhead, particularly). But the benefit of those products is the definition they give, so I'm still trying to figure out how much I like this product. I'm told the Frederek Fekkai does add more definition and doesn't leave hair stiff so I'm going to try that.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by LinJam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are two things I like about this - the smell and that it makes my hair feel soft. Other than that, it does nothing. It doesn't control my frizz or give me any curl defintition, which are the two things I want most out of a curl creme. Too bad, the search for a good styling product for curly, frizzy hair continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

*2c/3a curly*
I've been using this for maybe just over 3 months and i think this actually might be THE ONE :) To be honest, what i love about it most, is it's smell! I don't even know what it is .. i wana say bubble gum, but i know its not that.. i dont particularly want to smell of any kind of candy! Whatever it is.. bumble & bumble.. THANKYOU! If they brought out a hair freshener of this scent i would no doubt be first in line. ANYWAYS, about the actual product.. it works! (for me anyways) I use it along with b&b's defrizz and it seems to be a great combination. I use the about a cap size blob of creme after i towel dry, make sure to use it evenly and comb it through, scrunch a bit (im not a fan of scrunching.. simply because im lazy) then leave it to dry. I haven't tried it with a diffuser yet but will have try that soon. When my hair is almost dry I'll then finger comb a tiny plop of defrizz through and with the left overs on my hands ill just run my hands over my hair and it leaves my hair lovely soft and shiny! I actually have used the matching shampoo and conditioner but to be honest i don't think it makes much of a difference to how this creme works. I'm currently using matrix biolage hydrating shampoo & conditioner which makes my hair noticeably softer than any others i've ever used! The only reason for the 4 lippies is with every other b&b product.. the price.. ive never really been one to count my change but 20 is alot. Whatever though, id still buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by nick21496

I have very thick and wavey hair. I always straighten with a brush and hairdryer. I heard this stuff was good, so I thought I'd try it out and wear it curly for a day. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on my hair that night when we went out. My husband noticed and said whatever it is I used on my hair to keep using it, because he loved it. It left my hair very soft. I had nice soft curls/waves and no frizz. I used it along with the B&B Curl Conscious Shampoo and Conditioner. The stylist told me they were meant to be used together. I will definitely keep using it! I applied it to towel dried hair. Then I flipped my hair upside down and used a low emf hair dryer and scrunched. It came out beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by baharh

I recently went to the beach, and bought this product line last minute before i left. I purchased the grooming creme along with the tonic, the curling creme for medium to thick hair, and the holding spray. These products are meant to be layered to be effective, so after washing my hair, i first use the tonic, then the curling creme (which smells devine), then the grooming creme, followed by the holding spray. My hair is long, thick, and curly with a tendancy to frizz, poof, and be wavy in some areas. These product used together do seem to define my curls and get rid of the waviness, and while they don't completely eliminate the frizz, they have reduced it considerably. They did not however seem the to have much effect on reducing the poofiness or volume of my hair. These results were achieved by air drying as i did not blow dry my hair while on the beach vacation. Except for the holing spray, none of these products provide any hold, but on the upside left my hair feeling soft and silky to the touch. I also did not care much for the packaging on the grooming creme. I may more than likely repurchase until i find something better. Turnoffs: (holding power, price, having to use multiple products to acheive effect.) Turnons: (curl defining power, scent, soft hair.)