Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme

3.7

on 3/19/2009 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this for several years on my below the shoulders wavy hair. On my fine-textured, but a lot of hair, the med to thick weighs down hair a tad. The fine to med. didn't work as well, probably depends on the effect you're after. I like to keep waves wavy, and not make them curly. Perfect for the wash-&-go person (if you don't blow dry). A little goes a long way. Works well if put a tiny dab on the underside of wet or damp hair (don't coat top or looks greasy). It manages to come through top layer. Haven't tried the new formulation but was told it's the same product with a new name.

on 2/8/2009 5:04:00 PM

I love this! I have a chin-length, layered bob and extremely thick, curly hair. (I'm a textbook 3a, according to NaturallyCurly.com.) All I do to my hair is shampoo with a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, run a comb through my hair to detangle, and distribute a quarter-sized blob of this. It works in quickly and smoothly. It looks natural and feels so soft, but shapes my curls and keeps frizz at bay. I bought this because my hair stylist highly recommended it.

I've been a hard-core gel user for more than ten years. I kept my hair long and unlayered, and used gel to defrizz and define curls. It looked great, but this is better. The curls are not as tight as they were with the gel, but my haircut is designed for this, so it works out. I'm not sure how useful this would have been before I had my hair cut and layered -- it might have turned my hair into a curly cloud around my head!

As it stands, though, I love this and don't want to use anything else. However, I'll looking for a cheaper alternative, due only to the price.

on 10/10/2008 9:25:00 PM

I am still trying to figure out this product. I have thick wavy hair and I bought this to encourage my waves while air drying. It certainly does that task well, but it just makes my hair look dry and parched and I am not sure what I am doing wrong... I am experimenting with different amounts and trying to mix it with other products such as with BB's defrizz serum. Next time I will try mixing with leave in conditioner to see if that improves it. (in fact, if anyone reads this and has some hints for me it would be much appreciated!) I also really don't like the smell, which was surprising because I'm normally not picky about that. to me it is a rather unisex type scent which smells a little like carpet cleaner. But it is very light and seems to fade.

on 9/22/2008 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is way too goopy for my hair - if I put this in, i can't run my fingers through my hair and it frizzes like crazy. Holds a curl, but not worth the tangles.

EDIT: I passed this off to a friend with fine, curly hair, and it works wonderfully on her.

on 8/3/2008 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, this creme smells amazing, but thats all the positive comments i have about this product. The creme did hold a curl but my hair was super frizzy!!! Definitely not what i expected from Bumble & Bumble. I won't be buying this product again!

on 5/23/2008 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Alright ladies, my Godmother is a Pro hair stylist and luckily her salon is a Bumble & Bumble user. Anyway she gave me this creme in it's regular size and i loved it! I don't need anything else. Sometimes I apply Biosilk serum b4 to give my hair an extra shine. A little goes a long way with this creme. i apply more on the ends. I part my hair in 4 sections and apply and scrunch. And i flip my hair over and blow-dry with my diffuser. Not completely dry just 80%. I have been buying this product for over a year now. Luckily i have connections, so now i buy the liter of this creme and pay $50 vs. $85

it does not feel hard or sticky! And it smells divine!
I found my perfect curl creme!! YAY

on 2/22/2008 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A must for my curly, thick hair. I use this after every hair wash. It makes the hair soft and flowy, nourishes it, and provides a nice natural finish (just shiny enough). I totally adore it!

UPDATE: Why oh why did they have to discontinue this product and completely revamp the whole curl conscious line? For me the old line was genius and the new one is just confusing. I will have to find me some new curl creme.

on 12/4/2007 3:55:00 PM

Love LOVE this product. I didn't give it an extra "lipstick" because it doesn't have a lot of hold and can make my hair "big" in humidity and high heat.

With that said, it is the only product that produces huge, frizz free curls. Leaves my curly hair smelling great and looking shiny. The price is a bit expensive, but reasonable for what it does. I buy it regularly and mix it with just a touch of gel (for hold)

on 11/30/2007 3:58:00 PM

This is a nice product for moisturizing and giving some frizz-control, but I don't get a lot of definition or "curl creation" out of it. I have extremely thick, dry, wavy hair. I like that it doesn't make my hair stiff or hard like a lot of other curl products/gels do (the one by Bedhead, particularly). But the benefit of those products is the definition they give, so I'm still trying to figure out how much I like this product. I'm told the Frederek Fekkai does add more definition and doesn't leave hair stiff so I'm going to try that.

on 11/23/2007 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

There are two things I like about this - the smell and that it makes my hair feel soft. Other than that, it does nothing. It doesn't control my frizz or give me any curl defintition, which are the two things I want most out of a curl creme. Too bad, the search for a good styling product for curly, frizzy hair continues...

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products