July 28, 2014 | 2229 users online

Pressed Powders - Napoleon Perdis - Camera Finish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by KitaBeta

I LOVE THIS POWDER! I have never used powders before and was looking for something that was quick and easy to wear everyday and this is great it has a nice coverage and is great over my Liquid foundation, its sets it perfectly! yes it is very expensive and I would reccomend trying it out before you buy it as there are not a lot of colours to choose from. But overall a great powder foundation that I will defs buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was using the WHOLE Napoleon range for awhile but gave it up because i had to keep reapplying my makeup and it made me oily. This is not my idea of good makeup.

I think it was the primer that made me oily so I might have to report back after just using the powder. It was very good at setting foundation and had a great sized mirror for touch ups. You didn't need to use much to get it to set either so even though it was $55AUD when I bought it, it lasted for a very long time. It was a good colour match as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by missglowstick

I absolutely love this powder. It is SUPER fine, goes on flawlessly and makes my skin look velvety soft and luminous without looking dry or cakey. It's definitely very expensive and I'm not a fan of the somewhat-flimsy packaging, but the product itself is certainly HG-worthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by carmenci99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is absolutely amazing! I bought this based on RavenBeauty's review for this powder. I am pretty pale (somewhere between NW5-NW10) and lately I seem to like powder foundations much more than liquid. I normally use Maybelline's Dream Matte in Light 0-1 and while the coverage is fantastic, it makes me look a bit too pale and powdery for my liking, so I use NP's camera finish in Look 2 to smooth and darken my complexion just a teeny tiny bit. If you're as pale as I am, don't go overboard with this as it gets you darker pretty quickly! I just lightly dab my 109 in it and blend it over a small portion of my face, and repeat. Not only does it give me the color I want, but the finish is absolutely smooth and flawless, not powdery at all and my huge pores disappear as well!
I can pretty much use B2, Look 1 and Look 2, but Look 2 seem to be the best for me so far.
Personally I like the packaging. It's simple and black, has a mirror and a sponge. The price is pretty steep, although you get more that with the usual powders, i.e. 13.5 instead of the usual 9g, e.g. MAC MSFN. Still, I like it so much that I will repurchase (in fact, I just hit pan this morning :)).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Lozi

A great coverage powder which can be used on it's own or over foundation. I use this over my napoleon china doll or revlon colourstay foundation and find it gives me such a beautiful airbrushed flawless finish. I tend to use the sponge in the compact as i prefer to get the fuller coverage especially when going out at night but for a light dusting i recommend using a brush. I could definately see the difference this product gives when i look back at photos.. Totally flawless! What more could a girl want! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by riotgirl19

i work in the cosmetic industry and have used this product for many years. its a great powder to use as a foundation by itself as it provides enough coverage (just apply it with the supplied latex sponge to give you a fuller coverage), otherwise its excellent as a setting powder over the top of a liquid or stick foundation to make it set and ultimately last longer (apply with a powder brush).
does not look cakey, makes skin seem poreless. won't clog your pores either which is very important for a combination/acne prone skin type. great range of colours, i use a look 2 in winter and a look 4 in summer when im tanned.
i really couldn't do without this product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by magginine

I have this in my kit in looks 2 and 4 and when i apply with a powder brush, they are pretty universally good on most skin tones. Gives a beautiful flawless coverage without looking cakey. Have bought backups as I got these on 75% off offer so for me they were a great deal. I don't know if I would pay full price as they are very expensive and I could manage with other powders at a lesser cost. Packaging is sleek but rather large. For me, these powders were a great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 7:40:00 AM More reviews by sproose35

I have this in Look 1, i really like it, that said the colour is a little bit dark for my fair skin when i use the supplied sponge, but when I use a brush to apply it lightly it gives great coverage and my skin looks great in photos. not sure if i would buy again as the colour is not a purfect match for me considering the price..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by tayntroy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've got this in Look 4, and it is definately one of the best powders out there.
It gives you a glowy airbrushed look and makes your face flawless.
i use this with a powder brush and have had several people comment it.
Compact is a little big but apart from that its a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kristabunni

I like the shine-control aspect, and it does couple well with Napoleon Perdis' liquid minimal makeup for that sheer "natural beauty" look, but it's a bit dry and chalky compared to other pressed powders I've used. Also, I recommend that you definitely don't apply it with the given sponge, but use a brush instead.