Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.4

I really love my MB spray! I personally use it for pretty much everything. I use it for a make up setting spray, under my moisturizer (morning & night), and for just a nice, refreshing touch up throughout the day. Every time i use it, it gives my face a nice, dewy glow. (I never fully understood what people meant by 'dewy' until i used this product and experienced it myself for the first time). Since i've started using it i've gotten so many compliments on my skin looking healthy. It truly does wonders for me! And at $7... I mean you just can't beat that! So glad i decided to go with this instead of spend all the money on the Urban Decay Fix +. And as for the smell, it kinda smells like flowers. Which is a scent i don't particularly enjoy but its not at all overwhelming and goes away very quickly. Overall great product... i would definitely recommend & repurchase!

on 12/29/2014 10:07:00 PM

Just enough hydration after applying a full face of makeup to get a nice, dewy finish. Smells wonderful!

on 12/9/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally have loved MB products. A few have saved my skin when it was a mess. This product in particular I love! Works great to just refresh my face. After washing it. A quick "pick me up" here and there on days I don't wear makeup. And I found it great to wear under and as a setting spray. I have horribly sensitive skin allergies, and can say I haven't had any bad reactions with this or any MB products. However, to those questioning the MB company in general and their ingredients, I to was kinda disappointed, I will say why. I had purchased some items from MB online directly about a year ago, one of those products(in which I will write a separate review for.) apparently MB had some sort of order/ lawsuits filed against them, in which I was personally contacted, because of their failure to list their true, (hidden) ingredients in some of their products. One, that I had purchased contained steroids. Anyway- just thought I'd through that out there. Now, from my understanding, MB is taking the high road and suppose to be "more honest" and list their ingredients on their products. Either way, I was disappointed, but still love their products, including this facial toner/ spray.

on 12/4/2014 12:16:00 PM

Wanted to post b/c the bottle I just received from Nordstrom has yet another ingredients list. Thanks to CordulaM and others for posting this valuable info. My 2 oz. spray bottle lists the following ingredients:
Deionized water (aqua), Aloe (also barbadneis leaf juice) gel, Bladderwrack extract (fucus vesiculosus) extract, Herbal extract, Rose (rosa gallica) extract, Gardenia (gardenia florida) extract, Propylene glycol.
I have no idea why the ingredients lists on this product varies so much among bottles. Some list rose extract while others do not. Frankly, it concerns me. What is the mysterious "herbal extract" included? Additionally, the product has a pink tint yet there are no ingredients to account for this color listed. This isn't the first Mario Badescu product I've noticed with this exact issue. How hard is it to include accurate ingredients lists on your products/literature? Makes me question the integrity of the entire line.

on 11/18/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I like this a lot and will probably update when I have used it more but I just have to say a few things.

This doesn't actually contain Rosewater. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. I had called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. Coupled with rumors I heard that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously I figured out that that's what it was.

Real Ingredients straight from my bottle are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fucus Vesiculous Extract (Bladderwrack), Gardenis Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

So no rose. Oh well. I still like it. I previously used Burt's Bees Rosewater toner which I do like and it does contain rose, but I like this more. That one has some alcohols and witch hazel which my skin isn't as happy about. Just wanted to share that about the ingreds though.

Update: So I have been using this for a few weeks and I'm very happy with it. I have clog prone skin so I hardly use moisturizer. Having a moisturizing spray that doesn't clog is absolutely amazing right now. My only issue, aside from the formerly-misleading ingredients is that sometimes I feel a film on my skin with this, like slightly sticky. But since I have acne issues and often my routine can be a little drying I absolutely can't see taking this out right now. It's def a keeper for me for now.

Update two: I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this causes problems for me. It's a good spray and I think for most people it works well, but I think I may just shy away from it as I have seen an improvement in my skin when I cut out products with that ingredient. I'm not sure, but I seem to be doing ok without it so for me it's just not as necessary as I thought previously.

on 11/5/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this until I found out it contained Propylene Glycol. Why can't they use a different ingredient, I thought Mario Badescu was pretty natural.

Very surprised. Threw this stuff away - something I really hate doing :(

on 10/19/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this as a toner. It had replaced my prior glycolic acid based toner. Gentle on my acne prone skin. Mild rose scent which dissipates quickly. Have yet to try as setting spray but I bet it'll work great for that as well.

on 10/15/2014 11:00:00 PM

This is a very good dupe for MAC fix . It works the same and it's cost is alot better. The smell is kind of overwhelming but it doesnt stay for long. Might be repurchasing this.

on 9/7/2014 1:25:00 PM

I really love this product. I don't generally use toners or makeup fixing products but I love this for its cooling and skin soothing properties. I've started having hot flashes (ahem) along with dry, sensitive skin and this product has helped me survive another summer in S.TX. I keep one in the medicine cabinet for my face when my skin feels dry and irritated and one in the fridge to spray on my neck and pulse points for a quick cool down. I gave the packaging four stars because the pump bottle leaked in my purse. Since then I've been carrying a small spray can of Evian in my bag which is fine on the go but much more expensive and lacking in skin care ingredients. Overall, I really like this and other Mario Badescu products I've tried. They are effective, reasonably priced and cruelty free. The packaging is "gender neutral" so my son doesn't feel like he's using a girly product and they can be easily recycled.

on 8/3/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love MB products. I decided to try this spray to replace my Mac Fix + since it's much cheaper. 30 minutes after I sprayed it, my face became so itchy. An hour later I couldn't take it and had to wash all my makeup off. A Benedryl later, it's safe to say I'm probably allergic to Rosewater which isn't an uncommon allergy apparently. Such a shame. It smelled amazing. I would recommend to test this out on your wrist or somewhere if you have sensitive skin before going crazy. I probably should have since I have other skin allergies to skin care products. Lesson learned.

Top Rated Mario Badescu Products