December 18, 2014 | 930 users online

Fragrances - Cacharel - Amor Amor

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by waddlecakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Here in Europe this is pretty cheap, and is good value for money. It reminds me a little of Pure Poison in its vibe, and if you're a P. Poison fan and want to switch over to something a little less aggressive, this might be a good call.

The vibe is essentially the sweetness of youth with a hint of danger. That girl you knew as a teenager who was skiving school to light up with her older boyfriend. It's light and floral with a hint of pepper and darkness.

Good one for the under 30s. Great staying power, yet never heavy smelling. Not much change between initial spray and dry down. What you see is what you get. Summer through winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by treilis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I smelled this for the first time in a magazine, just out of high school and liked it. Years later, I finally try it out. Very sweet and fruity, almost in a cotton candy way. I love the top note, but only for a couple minutes. It goes through several phases of over-the-top, like it's got a top note, a mid-top note, a mid note, a mid-mid note... you get the picture. It mellows down after a couple hours to something tolerable, though a little too vanilla-y for my taste. Maybe I'd like it better with a sandalwood base. Too young/teeny and commercial, but it has some nice moments.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by liltoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is to sugary sweet almost sickly. It says its a floral but to me its a woody over baked sugar cookie then layered with a pound of powder sugar. It is almost gag worthy. I liked it for about two point five seconds. The bottle is adorable. It reminds me of a childs perfume so sugary! I ended up giving it to my niece!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was bought this perfume as a birthday present and i love it!
The scent is fruity and sweet and stays on your skin for a long time.
The little bottle is perfect for your handbag and because the fragrance isent too overpowering, it's the perfect scent to re-apply throughout the day if you want to keep smelling gorgeous.
The only downfall is there is an annoying little hoop next to wear you spray it and it can sometimes get in the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by kimmidoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love amor amor. When I first tried it a few years ago, didn't think it's any special. I had sample sticks of different fragrances, threw them in compartment of my bag. In the next morning, I smell something really nice and pleasant floral scent, a lil bit sweet but not too much. I kept looking for it and I found the lovely amor amor =)

Honestly I'm an ignorant frangrance fan. I don't know what kind of flowers or ingredients should smell like what. I never heard of cacharel, not to mention amor amor. None of my friends know either and they think this pefume is way too matured. My ex got it for me anyway coz he knew I love it so much. When I sprayed it on me, it became really stand out among my friends and I got compliments from several people and some shopkeepers lol.

However, i do think amor amor is slightly too strong for everyday wear, so I only used it when i go out with friends during winter and a little bit goes a long way =) So always try the perfume before you buy it because everyone has different body chemistry and for me others opinions always come in second, if you love it, buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by stls

I quite like this parfume. The opening is fruity, not escada - like but still refreshing. Then it turns woody and sweet, but I still haven't figured out if it's a summer or a winter scent - I guess it's on the borderline.
I think it's somewhat unique as I haven't smelled similar parfumes, but I wouldn't describe it as sophisticated, nor teen-like. (Mysterious fragrance, hehe!)
It's also bold and heady sometimes, I don't think it suites me very well and i'm hesitant to wear it because lots of people out there would find it offensive.
So I use it every now and then just for a change, might buy again but I'm not sure about it.
Lasting power is average and I find the bottle pretty too!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by KoyoKoyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Would I ever buy this nauseating stench again? NO. I bought this a few years back and semi-liked it but recently I tried it again and smelled it on other people and got one serious headache. This stuff is permeating and dont take this warning lightly, when you put it on, it is NOT going to come off. I dont know how to describe Amor Amor other than it is a ghastly scent to be avoided at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MillieNasrin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others have described a very sweet scent but with a very refreshing, almost fizzy edge to it. If you wear too much it can be sickly, but spritzed on lightly its gorgeous! A lovely light sweet smell, warm and yummy. I received this as a birthday present a few years ago and recently re-purchased a new bottle. its great as an everyday perfume and on a night out and the packaging is gorgeous, from the unusual ring around the nozzle to the cute little , tattoo-fashion rose on the back. The colour and bell jar shape is a pleasure to look at. Will re-purchase unless I find something I like better!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice everyday fragrance, but I dont like it too much. Smells too synthetic and I dont like the fact that it doesn't have a cap. I prefer Tentation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ooh, I love this perfume. The first time I smelled it, I was completely indifferent. I was like "meh!" & I didn't give it another thought. But I recently tried it again & for some reason now I just love it. My first impression of it was that it was just a generic, cloying, 'teen' type of scent. This time around though... this smells like something a vampire would wear. Does that make sense? Lol... the mental picture I get when I smell this is of a goth chick with fangs & a bunch of piercings wearing a victorian corset and knee-high combat boots. She's sitting alone in the corner in a dark club, where Sisters of Mercy is playing and the dance floor is writhing with black-clad bodies. She stamps out her clove cigarette, fishes around in her purse, and pulls out a tiny, blood red bottle with a silver rose on it. She sprays a bit on her neck, and the air becomes heavy with the scent of mandarin, cedar, and a hint of jasmine.

That's just the impression *I* get from this scent, I guess to a lot of people it's very girly & summery & flirty, but to me it's dark, sexy, and mysterious. I dunno, I'm wierd I guess, and I AM a goth chick, so maybe that's why I think of it like that, lol... I just can't believe I went so long without noticing it & I can't wait to start layering it with all my other perfumes. I love it but I will say that the staying power could be a bit better. That's ok though, cause the TJmaxx in my town has the 1 ounce size for only $15 :]

The scent itself- It smells like a combination of MAC Turquatic & Lancome Miracle, with a strong, sharp mandarin top note(god, how I love the scent of orange). The drydown note is quite similar to Gucci Pour Homme II(mens' cologne, yes, but eff it, I love that stuff). There's even the *tiniest* hint of Alien-esque chypre. Yummy :)