April 21, 2014 | 1259 users online

Fragrances - Cacharel - Amor Amor

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 5:46:00 AM More reviews by liltoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is to sugary sweet almost sickly. It says its a floral but to me its a woody over baked sugar cookie then layered with a pound of powder sugar. It is almost gag worthy. I liked it for about two point five seconds. The bottle is adorable. It reminds me of a childs perfume so sugary! I ended up giving it to my niece!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was bought this perfume as a birthday present and i love it!
The scent is fruity and sweet and stays on your skin for a long time.
The little bottle is perfect for your handbag and because the fragrance isent too overpowering, it's the perfect scent to re-apply throughout the day if you want to keep smelling gorgeous.
The only downfall is there is an annoying little hoop next to wear you spray it and it can sometimes get in the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by kimmidoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love amor amor. When I first tried it a few years ago, didn't think it's any special. I had sample sticks of different fragrances, threw them in compartment of my bag. In the next morning, I smell something really nice and pleasant floral scent, a lil bit sweet but not too much. I kept looking for it and I found the lovely amor amor =)

Honestly I'm an ignorant frangrance fan. I don't know what kind of flowers or ingredients should smell like what. I never heard of cacharel, not to mention amor amor. None of my friends know either and they think this pefume is way too matured. My ex got it for me anyway coz he knew I love it so much. When I sprayed it on me, it became really stand out among my friends and I got compliments from several people and some shopkeepers lol.

However, i do think amor amor is slightly too strong for everyday wear, so I only used it when i go out with friends during winter and a little bit goes a long way =) So always try the perfume before you buy it because everyone has different body chemistry and for me others opinions always come in second, if you love it, buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by stls

I quite like this parfume. The opening is fruity, not escada - like but still refreshing. Then it turns woody and sweet, but I still haven't figured out if it's a summer or a winter scent - I guess it's on the borderline.
I think it's somewhat unique as I haven't smelled similar parfumes, but I wouldn't describe it as sophisticated, nor teen-like. (Mysterious fragrance, hehe!)
It's also bold and heady sometimes, I don't think it suites me very well and i'm hesitant to wear it because lots of people out there would find it offensive.
So I use it every now and then just for a change, might buy again but I'm not sure about it.
Lasting power is average and I find the bottle pretty too!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by KoyoKoyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Would I ever buy this nauseating stench again? NO. I bought this a few years back and semi-liked it but recently I tried it again and smelled it on other people and got one serious headache. This stuff is permeating and dont take this warning lightly, when you put it on, it is NOT going to come off. I dont know how to describe Amor Amor other than it is a ghastly scent to be avoided at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MillieNasrin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others have described a very sweet scent but with a very refreshing, almost fizzy edge to it. If you wear too much it can be sickly, but spritzed on lightly its gorgeous! A lovely light sweet smell, warm and yummy. I received this as a birthday present a few years ago and recently re-purchased a new bottle. its great as an everyday perfume and on a night out and the packaging is gorgeous, from the unusual ring around the nozzle to the cute little , tattoo-fashion rose on the back. The colour and bell jar shape is a pleasure to look at. Will re-purchase unless I find something I like better!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice everyday fragrance, but I dont like it too much. Smells too synthetic and I dont like the fact that it doesn't have a cap. I prefer Tentation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ooh, I love this perfume. The first time I smelled it, I was completely indifferent. I was like "meh!" & I didn't give it another thought. But I recently tried it again & for some reason now I just love it. My first impression of it was that it was just a generic, cloying, 'teen' type of scent. This time around though... this smells like something a vampire would wear. Does that make sense? Lol... the mental picture I get when I smell this is of a goth chick with fangs & a bunch of piercings wearing a victorian corset and knee-high combat boots. She's sitting alone in the corner in a dark club, where Sisters of Mercy is playing and the dance floor is writhing with black-clad bodies. She stamps out her clove cigarette, fishes around in her purse, and pulls out a tiny, blood red bottle with a silver rose on it. She sprays a bit on her neck, and the air becomes heavy with the scent of mandarin, cedar, and a hint of jasmine.

That's just the impression *I* get from this scent, I guess to a lot of people it's very girly & summery & flirty, but to me it's dark, sexy, and mysterious. I dunno, I'm wierd I guess, and I AM a goth chick, so maybe that's why I think of it like that, lol... I just can't believe I went so long without noticing it & I can't wait to start layering it with all my other perfumes. I love it but I will say that the staying power could be a bit better. That's ok though, cause the TJmaxx in my town has the 1 ounce size for only $15 :]

The scent itself- It smells like a combination of MAC Turquatic & Lancome Miracle, with a strong, sharp mandarin top note(god, how I love the scent of orange). The drydown note is quite similar to Gucci Pour Homme II(mens' cologne, yes, but eff it, I love that stuff). There's even the *tiniest* hint of Alien-esque chypre. Yummy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by becky39

Nice fruity floral on me, I hate to say it but no separate notes really jump out on me it's just a mish mash of yum! Unfortunatly it's very short lived on my perfume eating skin, I sprayed it 2 hours ago and it's almost gone at this point. It's nice but I won't buy it because I already own ten billion fruity florals and this dosn't really stand out among the crowd, although it is a bit powdery which is nice, most of the fruity/florals I like are rather brash and this is nice and soft.....maybe I will have to invest in a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by icingfairy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume.. I got it when I was in 8th grade and I asked my mom for the box set.. I think it was around 60..i just recently found a big bottle of it at kohls! I use it all the time and I love that its very strong cuz it lasts long and I love the smell..i don't see it on the department stores like nordstroms anymore, I hope they don't discontinue it cuz its in my top 3 favorite perfumes