April 19, 2014 | 1296 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by dinopebbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this cleanser about a month ago when I realized that the products I was using before were not properly removing my makeup and making me breakout. I have acne prone, oily and sensitive skin so finding a cleanser that doesn't irritate my face is always difficult. However, I have absolutely no complaints about this bar. Its easy to just keep in the shower and after I have rinsed my hair I wash my face and see that this bar eliminates any sort of makeup, shampoo or conditioner residue from my face. I love that it has salicylic acid in it because it gently keeps my acne at bay. I would definitely buy another bar after this one finishes. In fact, I just realized that this same cleanser comes in a foaming version which I have just bought and now keep on my sink to cleanse my face with when I am not in the shower. I would definitely recommend this to oily and acne prone skin types as it works, is not harsh nor irritating.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by periwinkleNov

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

omg i hate this crap like a passion. i used it only one time just one time and it broke me out like crazy with little colorless bumps everywhere. they went away though after they turned into big monstrous cysts!! this really let me down considering i like other Aveeno products. my skin is still healing to this day and i used this around February :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by kristydavis1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not buy bar soaps I prefer liquid but I gave this a try because I saw on the Tyra show that Aveeno is all-natural and we should all try to use all natural products since we are exposed to so much processed/perservative stuff. I chose clear complexion because I tend to break out under stress and I was going through a very stressful time. I can say this soap stopped me from breaking out but it dried my skin out terribly. It was so dry it was painful even though I used a thick moisturize it was still dry. It is inexpense thats the only thing I can say for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by elwoods10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin was getting little pimples underneath it and so I thought I needed to switch to a soap with salcyclic acid but no this completely dried out my skin! It is so tight I have to put vaseline on it right now! Maybe is best for those with severe acne and cysts because it seems to really dry. Too dry for me. I need something more mild, may try to use in the summer when it is much more hot and my skin is more oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great to get all of my makeup off and it doesn't dry my skin out too bad. I love it for the summer and I also can't believe how long a bar soap has lasted me!!! Great deal for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 8:34:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love both this cleansing bar and the positively radiant bar by Aveeno. I changed my facial cleanser about two months ago. Big mistake. My old routine, (which I will list), kept my cystic pimples at bay. At most, I would get a really nasty 2 or 3 bumps per month around that time of the month. Even though my face has always been acne prone, the change of cleanser for my face has been detrimental! At current, I have two very red, painful cystic bumps that just will not go away! On top of that, there are a few smaller whiteheads popping up every 4-5 days. I know that I need my hormones tested, but I don't have health insurance and that is a whole other annoying story. I am going back to 'ole faithful- Aveeno's Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar + witch hazel after + Estee Lauder Daywear Plus moisturizer. When I do this routine, morning and evening, my skin looks it's best and it feels great. I love everything about this cleanser. The active ingredient is salicylic acid, but this bar contains a much lower % than many other cleansers with SA. This bar smells nice and I love how smooth and clean my face feels after I use it. Others here have mentioned excessive drying and I really can't understand that. Aveeno is known for being very gentle. Also, everyone should moisturize their skin, regardless of oily/combo/dry. If a good moisturizer is applied after using this cleanser, there is no reason why excessive drying should occur. The price is terrific for this product. The only thing that I don't like is that I can't always find this at drugstores like Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aid, etc...Even Target. The only place that I can always find it is at Wal-Mart. On a final note, after each use, I try to store the bar on a clean, dry piece of plastic wrap or a dry soap dish. It is important to keep the bar dry to prevent bacteria and to keep the bar from "melting," thus wasting the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this bar. I use it on my face the most, but I like that I can easily use it on my chest if I need to as I get a blemishe there once in a while. The only reason I removed a lippie is because if I use it too frequently on my face it dries me out though that's a problem with my skin and not the bar. I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought I loved this bar. I was getting a little more oily than usual so I bought this. Then I started getting more and more oily throughout the day at work. I realize now that my face was getting so dry and tight and parched when I was done cleansing, that my face started to produce more oily making me more shiny. Contributing to more break outs, and I kept using and using it. I thought dry and tight meant clean. It was a horrible cycle. Love the smell though and the convenience of a bar.

I have since stopped using obviously. Dry and tight after cleansing was not good for my skin. The bf still insists on using this for his oily skin.

I now use Good Skin line from Kohl's (Soft Skin creamy cleanser). It doesn't foam up (no sulfates) but leaves my skin feeling like skin and not stretched.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this a few days ago to go along with the pads and the foaming cleanser. My normal cleanser (olay deep cleansing face wash w/ witch hazel (which I ♥)) just hasnt been cutting it lately, as far as keeping oil at bay. In fact my skin seems to be over-producing oil, therefore, Im getting more breakouts! YIKES. So, I bought this to alternate between the foaming cleanser and the pads (I use twice a week) and I LOVE this bar! I actually keep this in my shower to use while Im in there and I also use it on my shoulders, b/c in the spring and summer sometimes I'll get 1-2 bumps every now and then. This entire line has been keeping my skin very clear and keeping all the oil away!! It smells really fresh and clean and is very gentle :) Aveeno has now got my vote as best skincare line :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in the shower with exfoliating gloves to make sure I keep any body acne at bay, and also I like the salicylic to exfoliate the rest of my skin. I'm not a fan of the fragrance but this does do a very good job of smoothing and keeping the skin clear and clog-free. It's slightly drying (thus took off 1 lippie) but I put on lotion right afterwards and it's not really a problem. I also like that it doesn't melt away in the shower like most body soaps on the market. Will definitely repurchase.