August 21, 2014 | 1777 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love how fresh my face feels after putting this on! It didn't break me out and I think it slightly helped my acne-prone skin. The only thing is that it is drying but It's nothing some moisturizer can't help! Plus it's very inexpensive:)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was just awful for my skin. I am willing to bet it was the menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus. Highly irritating stuff. The "cooling sensation" quickly turned to stinging/burning and I immediately had to wash off. I was covered in the tiniest red raised dots everywhere the stuff touched. The next day the rash had faded and I never used it again. I mentally kicked myself for not paying better attention to ingredients that have no business being in facial products. If you have even slightly sensitive skin, I would stay far away from this product. If you have existing blemishes, this could definitely further irritate your skin. This is another one of those cleansers that are too harsh and supposedly "good" for acne prones, but really just makes the problem worse. End rant.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ohyeagirl1111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wonderful! I wanted a cleanser that didnt have chemicals like benzoil peroxide or salacylic acid in it, and was gentler than my proactive. It works so well to get rid of my makeup! (After I use my makeup wipes) I have combo skin that is more dry in the winter (but oily nose). Makes my skin clean without drying it. Feels gentle although tingly and it dosnt hurt but I definitely feel it cleaning. And you get sooo much for your money. Great classic cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Lollikist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do plan on making a video just to show how awful this cleanser is.
I bought this when I stopped wearing make up for a bit, so I didn't realize how ineffective it was.
It promises to remove make up, this has to be the most misleading product I have ever wasted my money on.
The one day I did decide to wear make up, I washed my face with it, came out the shower, looked into the mirror and thought ' Wow my skin looks great, and so evenly toned. '
When I patted my face dry with my towel....... there went all my make up, haha. And I was using a drug store foundation that would normally fade over time, not exactly the hardest to remove.
So today, I decided to test this out again to see if it was just how I washed my face that particular day.
I put some L'oreal Lumi Foundation on my skin. I let it dry for about five minutes, I wet my head, took some Noxzema, lathered it on and washed it off. The make up was still there. I took a dry piece of paper, and my make up wiped off.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, if it can't clean off the simplest of make up like it claims it does, I highly doubt it will do anything for the actual dirt in our skin. It does leave you feeling 'refreshed' but that's probably as far as it will ever go.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sjay10

I use this to remove my makeup and then again to just massage into my face. I like the refreshing feel it gives. I'm not sure if it's doing anything for my acne but this combined with the cetaphil oily to normal facial wash, up & up max strength acne medication, and biore facial scrub it's doing the job :) so I'm on my 3 rd tub of this and I regret nothing. But I don't like is the fact that it's a tub, but other than that i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by durbavil9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had moderate acne on my forehead/chest/back for a couple of years now. It's been a very painful and bothersome experience, I've gone through so many expensive cleansers and treatments trying to clear it up, but so far nothing has worked well, especially not this.

I've had some experience with Noxzema, I use it whenever I get a sunburn and it eases the pain/redness, but this is not the solution for acne ridden skin.

It seems to do a good job of cleaning the skin + removing makeup, but has no real effect on my acne, though it has gotten slightly worse since I began using my jar of Noxema. If you're looking for a gentle cleanser to use in combination with a topical acne treatment, this is an excellent cleanser, but by itself it is not enough to clear up moderate acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by gen666

Great for your face if you want a deep cleansing. Feels soooo heavenly on and afterwards~~~ don't mind lookin silly ;)
Can't beat the price! Just don't overuse!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great for people who don't wear makeup.

HOWEVER...I discovered on days I wear makeup and I use this...the makeup stays on all night. No thank you. The search for a good cleanser continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by FitFemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my second tub this year. My skin is oily and blackhead prone. However, in fall/winter I get dry flakies (eczema?) around my nose. I recalled hearing that Noxzema was named that because it means No-eczema. So I thought it was worth a try! This winter, no dryness around my nose! I cannot say it has diminished blackheads though. : ( My makeup removal routine is jojoba oil for eye makeup, then Noxzema for the rest. It feels so fresh and moisturizing, but not in a way that makes my face feel oily. Kind of awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by carliecale

Really helped my skin! Didn't dry my face out, like most products do