December 21, 2014 | 1776 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is yet another old school classic I have recently rediscovered and fell in love with all over again!

Having combination skin, I need something that will cleanse the oily bits well without stripping out the dry parts. I decided to try this out again because of all the talk lately about cleansing oils and how you need to use oil to break up oil on your skin. Once I got used to the idea, I decided this was an affordable and familiar option to ease into. Now having used it for the past few months, I am pleased to say my skin seems to be evening out! Thank goodness!!

I use this in the morning on dry skin. I massage in gently, paying the most attention to my oily parts (chin, nose and sides of nose and forehead). I will leave on for a minute or so and then rinse off. My skin is clean but not stripped and pleasantly cooled from the camphor and menthol. I don't have to use nearly as much moisturizer after and my skin feels and looks more balanced.

This is also a great for sunburns, regular burns and minor skin irritations. I will put on a fairly thick layer, let it hang out for awhile and then gently wipe away.

The price is great and a big tub will last me quite a while. My only complaint would be the packaging. The tub is nice, until you get past the top three quarters. Towards the bottom, things get a little dicier. And the stuff that comes in a pump is not the same formula as what's in the tub. I suppose because to come out of a pump, it can't be too thick. Packaging annoyance aside, I will definitely continue to use this tried and true formula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love it....The smell is kind of overwhelming but you get use to it. I use it on dry skin before getting into the shower, and i leave it on until the end of my shower. I love how my skin looks and feels afterwards. It feels clean yet moisturized! I don't have acne per say but my skin is oily and sensitive. It doesn't break me out and doesn't dry me out. It's my favorite cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this years ago, but that first time it was strong for my skin because it broke me out. But I've come to learn that it was probably purging my skin. I guess I gave up to easily and too soon to see any results at that time.

Today however, it worked wonderfully. I let it sit on my face like a mask for about 10 minutes before wiping it off with warm water. It left my skin really visibly clean and bright.

I'm hoping this will help with my old hyperpigmentation spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by wolfsouls1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Noxzema works great on my skin, the first time i used it i got a few out breaks here and there so it was really cleaning my skin. I dont use it for makeup only to get rid of my acne and so far it has improved my skin slowly but surely.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, i am still in the process of testing this out but so far I'm not liking this. It does a HORRIBLE job at removing makeup. The first time i used this, i felt a tingling sensation and it smelled really strong. I assumed that this would go deep into my skin and remove impurities because of the smell and sensation but NOPE! I barely faded my makeup even after rubbing it in! My old basic Neutrogena cleaner gets rid of makeup better than this. So I have been trying to use this after i remove my makeup with a wipe but i still don't feel like it goes deep into my skin and i still have makeup left over. I have to cleanse my skin over and over and over and over and over again to get it all off! I find that this works better if you let it sit on your skin for a moment or two. But its such a pain in the butt. I was on a budget and looking for a good cleaner but this doesn't seem to be it. I am sticking with my Ponds Luminous cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Always come back to this tee hee. Holy grail status

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love how fresh my face feels after putting this on! It didn't break me out and I think it slightly helped my acne-prone skin. The only thing is that it is drying but It's nothing some moisturizer can't help! Plus it's very inexpensive:)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was just awful for my skin. I am willing to bet it was the menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus. Highly irritating stuff. The "cooling sensation" quickly turned to stinging/burning and I immediately had to wash off. I was covered in the tiniest red raised dots everywhere the stuff touched. The next day the rash had faded and I never used it again. I mentally kicked myself for not paying better attention to ingredients that have no business being in facial products. If you have even slightly sensitive skin, I would stay far away from this product. If you have existing blemishes, this could definitely further irritate your skin. This is another one of those cleansers that are too harsh and supposedly "good" for acne prones, but really just makes the problem worse. End rant.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ohyeagirl1111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wonderful! I wanted a cleanser that didnt have chemicals like benzoil peroxide or salacylic acid in it, and was gentler than my proactive. It works so well to get rid of my makeup! (After I use my makeup wipes) I have combo skin that is more dry in the winter (but oily nose). Makes my skin clean without drying it. Feels gentle although tingly and it dosnt hurt but I definitely feel it cleaning. And you get sooo much for your money. Great classic cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Lollikist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do plan on making a video just to show how awful this cleanser is.
I bought this when I stopped wearing make up for a bit, so I didn't realize how ineffective it was.
It promises to remove make up, this has to be the most misleading product I have ever wasted my money on.
The one day I did decide to wear make up, I washed my face with it, came out the shower, looked into the mirror and thought ' Wow my skin looks great, and so evenly toned. '
When I patted my face dry with my towel....... there went all my make up, haha. And I was using a drug store foundation that would normally fade over time, not exactly the hardest to remove.
So today, I decided to test this out again to see if it was just how I washed my face that particular day.
I put some L'oreal Lumi Foundation on my skin. I let it dry for about five minutes, I wet my head, took some Noxzema, lathered it on and washed it off. The make up was still there. I took a dry piece of paper, and my make up wiped off.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, if it can't clean off the simplest of make up like it claims it does, I highly doubt it will do anything for the actual dirt in our skin. It does leave you feeling 'refreshed' but that's probably as far as it will ever go.