September 22, 2014 | 2066 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiss My Face - Olive & Aloe Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Have to hand it to KMF, unlike a lot of natural ingredient-driven lines, KMF offers a moisturizer that's workable for people with rosacea or other sensitivies.
The reason I'm taking off two lippies is that for the summer time, I'd prefer a slightly lighter texture. Let me stress, this has never broken me out. However, in the Southern part of the US, it's not unusual for it to get to 105 degrees in the summer. So, with weather like that, it feels more comfortable if one's moisturizer feels slightly lighter weight. I don't know why it is so many skin care brands seem to think all people with sensitive skin have dry skin--some of us do have combination skin and would not complain having a lighter weight moisturizer option. (Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream Light is beautifully light weight, but my budget can't handle Dr. H right now.)
But with this nitpicking aside, this performs quite well and what a lot of bang for the buck. For a woman who wanted to streamline her beauty routine, I could see this being used as a facial moisturizer and a body lotion--even if you did that, this would still last a long time, they're so generous with the amount per unit, all sold at a very nice price. So, for women wanting naturally-based products, but on a budget, Olive & Aloe from KMF is a great option.
Update: I found with warmer weather (it was 100 degrees at the beginning of June where I live to give an idea of what I mean by warm) my face would get too oily wearing this. Also, while this wouldn't cause acne, I found it took longer for any acne to clear up while using this. So, I'm changing it to a two from a three.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice lotion overall, I found it on sale at Target. I love that it is a big bottle so I don't have to keep running to replace my lotion every couple weeks. I have really dry skin, and this lotion is easy to apply, has a lot of slip to it, but you definitely have to rub it in. My skin needs extra moisturization on top of this (ie vaseline or some kind of oil) but I think for a lotion this is a great product, without an offensive scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is quite nice! :) It is safe to use on your face, even if you have acne-prone skin. It is a must-have for anyone looking to get rid of flaky skin (yes, even people with oily skin can get flaky patches), or just keep a good balance. My friend from work noticed that my skin looks smoother, more "baby faced", and I know it's because of this product. It applies with a bit of a whitish cast, so make sure you blend in well. You don't need a lot, less than a fingertip will cover the face and neck well. It's light enough that if you give the normal 5-ish minutes for it to absorb, it will. It smells quite nice as well. If your skin tends to be more oily, I would suggest maybe using this at night, and then find something lighter for during the day. However, it will be nice to use morning at night in the fall/winter, since the air is quite dry at that time of year... The best part is you get a huge pump bottle for $13 CAD! :D I will repurchase this when it eventually runs out. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by junethea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I use it as a moisturizer for my hands, and also for my face. It's perfect for mixing in foundations that are a bit too thick and hard to blend. It has a slight scent to it, which I actually really like. I got it for $4.50, which is a good price for a 4oz moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

I keep this at my kitchen sink to moisturize my hands throughout the day and I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I finally found a lotion I can use on my face that won't break me out and doesn't stink. I can't use this often on my body though as it doesn't hydrate as well as Cetaphil, while incidentally I can't use on my face because it hydrates too much and causes me to get facial spots! I use both daily. Love the lack of fragrance so ican use any soap under it.

4 MONTH UPDATE
I can only use this occasionally now as it doesn't hydrate for long enough. I strayed and started using Johnson an dJohnson Natural Baby Lotion which is amazing and this just doesn't match up to it. Great for a temporary fix but a long termer, no. To the back of my closet it goes for emergency use only if I run out of everything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by crankedmunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried using the Peaches & Cream moisturizer from the same line but apparently the fragrance (subtle though it may be) was enough to irritate my skin. I tried to avoid this company's moisturizers all together until I stayed at a friend's overnight and realized I forgot to pack my usual moisturizer. Out of desperation I sampled some of this from her bathroom closet and was relieved when my skin didn't have any adverse reactions. It sunk in pretty nicely and was gentle enough to use as a facial moisturizer. When I ran out of my usual lotion, I quickly went out and bought my own bottle of this stuff. I use it right out of the shower and it keeps my skin hydrated all day. My boyfriend uses it as well and he's the kind of person who usually won't bother moisturizing unless absolutely necessary... like if his skin is cracking... ew. Anyway, this stuff is awesome for those of us with sensitive skin. No harsh ingredients or fragrance added.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by seniorita

I've been using this moisturizer for the past 2 months and I like it. At first I didn't think it would be effective enough..(winters are crazy dry here)...because it seemed a little runnier than the usual lotions&potions I use. But its perfect, not too greasy, not too light...its definitely not the "Ultra Moisturizer" it says it is but it moisturizes enough. And the smell is nice too..can't really put my finger on it but to me it smells faintly like almost ripe banana peel with a touch of cinnamon..so like banana bread batter but from very far away..more green than sweet..if that makes any sense...haha! Its the only decription I can think of. Its a light scent though and doesn't linger for long. Good stuff!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice light moisturizers that I occasionally use at night applied over top of my retinol cream. It works well with my normal / dry skin and doesn't negatively interact with my retinol.
I like that it is relatively inexpensive, is paraben-free, has a light non-bothersome fragrance, light texture that quickly absorbs, and contains ingredients helpful for dry skin, including olive oil, almond oil, lecithin, and vitamin E.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ErisMay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Years ago I used this lotion because it was cheap and I could use it all over. I could use it on my face and body as an all over lotion. It did a very good job of keeping my dry skin healthy and hydrated. I like that it is not strongly scented because I could then use it all over unlike scented lotions which can only be used on the body. I remember trying other versions of Kiss my Face but I always came back to this one. Slowly I drifted onto other products after visiting the bath and body board here on MUA. With a stream of chemical filled heavily scented products I was out of a lot of money and I can't say my skin was any better than it was before (just more scented). As time has gone on, I have decided to go back to basics. I don't need 2429482 lotions cluttering my cabinets all based on the fragrance. I do need 1 all purpose lotion that moisturizes effectively and does not irritate sensitive skin or clash with my perfume should I choose to wear one. Once I work my way through the giant stash of chemical filled lotions, I am going back to Kiss My Face Olive & Aloe Lotion. It is inexpensive, it works, and it isn't filled with chemicals. Why stray when this works?