Clinique Acne Sol. Emergency Lotion

on 11/1/2007 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my HG of Benzoyl Peroxide products! It's one of Paula's Picks, (Paula Begoun) and is 5% BP in a non-irritating base. This is the only BP product that I use and I've been using for about 3 years or so. I've tried the Mary Kay version, which is also one of Paula's Picks, but it irritated the crap out of my face:( This doesn't irritate my skin at all. The texture isn't a gel or a lotion, it's more like a cream and it's very smooth. There's no gritty texture, like some of the drugstore BP products. I also want to add BP kills the bacteria that causes acne pimples. For it to really work, it has to be used regularly. Unless you only get a pimple every once in a while (you lucky, lucky Girl!) this should be part of a daily routine. I prefer to use this at night because BP can stain clothing. (It looks like it pulls the color right out of fabrics) I have a certain pillowcase I sleep on and I don't wear expensive pajama shirts. It's nothing fancy, just benzoyl peroxide in a simple formula that doesn't irritate and has no fragrance. I usually stock up and buy a couple of these, when Clinique is having their GWP promotions. It's a staple and a HG for me:)

on 10/16/2007 9:53:00 AM

This review is for the Acne Solutions Emergency Gel-Lotion which contains 5% BP. Works just as well as any BP I have tried. What makes this product stand out is the non-drying base that it is in. I have had so many BP products that leave a paste residue (DDF). Clinique's product absorbs right in and I have no problem applying other products over it or with my skin getting really dry and irritated from daily BP use.

on 10/1/2007 7:43:00 PM

I decided to try this product after reading all the great reviews here. It's not available here in Canada so I had to hunt it down online to purchase it. I had great expectations for it and the results were disappointing. This product really did NOTHING for me...it works like any other spot treatments I've tried. I feel a slight tingle where I applied it but that's about it...the pimple continues to grow the next day. I only have the occasional pimple and don't use this very often so I doubt I will be buying this again.

on 8/23/2007 2:48:00 AM

this product is super awesome lol. i had like 5 pimples on my forehead and they all cleared up within 2 days and i havent gotten any on my forehead for like 5 days i usually always have pimples it bites... people that get like a pimple everyday or so should totally buy this
*****Edit 1/13/07******* At first it did work but then after a month it didnt do anything for me

on 8/8/2007 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing. I'm just going through a bad breakout. I put it on at night and my face looked great in the morning. I only have a sample from a cosmetic store but when it runs out I definitely plan to buy more. It seems like a miracle worker for only $13.50! Go buy it!

on 4/15/2007 3:45:00 PM

this stuff really shortens the healing time for pimples. it's non-drying and non-irritating and it dries clear. personally i don't see a difference between this and the spot healing gel treatment (both are fantastic) except for the fact that some people have complained of the spot healing gel to be too harsh for the skin - in that case i say go with the emergency lotion instead =]

on 4/2/2007 2:54:00 PM

clinique's acne solutions emergency lotion is amazing. it's like the mr. clean magic eraser, but for skin. (and by that i'm of course refering to fact that both products work so well, you question whether you have inadvertantly sold you soul to satan by using them.) every time i have used this when bad skin starts coming on, it is cleared up within two days. seriously. pimples never even happen.

on 10/26/2006 10:29:00 AM

I have tried almost every other spot treatment out there and finally I came across this. I could tell a difference over night. The pimple is not comepletely gone but its not inflamed anymore and its less than half the size. It doesn't take much at all so it'll last a long time. I would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best benzoyl peroxide spot treatment out there. Its creamy, not grainy. It dries clear, and doesnt leave a white flaky patch. It doesnt irritate or burn, even though its a 5% formula. Used consistently, it really shortens healing time of pimples. Its not all that expensive either, and the tube lasts a long time since you dont need to use a lot (its not drippy like generic Oxy so you can control how much you use). I will repurchase as long as I have pimples.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product. It's one of my favorite. Once a pimple seems as if its about to appear I just zap it with this. You see results overnight. Make sure you put it exactly on pimple because I made the mistake of spreading some of the lotion and I had a dry patch!!!!!!! Overall this product is great when used correctly. LOVE IT!

Popular Treatments (Face)