October 24, 2014 | 1890 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - Ooh la lift!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Oh La Lift is a "legendary under eye brightening boost that looks like an instant eye lift." This product contains "raspberry extract and light reflecting pigment to instantly perk up tired eyes. This delicate pink balm can be applied on bare skin or over makeup." I got an itty bitty sample of Oh La Lift in Benefit's Sexy Little Stowaways value kit. My little sample contains 2.5ml (.08fl oz), the full size, which sells for $22, contains 7g (.25fl oz). Benefit does not test on animals. Oh La Lift is made in America. I have to admit, Oh La Lift seems like one of Benefit's more gimmicky products. I don't even know if I should review it as makeup or skincare, since it's kinda both. Benefit products can be bought from the brand's website, Benefit counters and boutiques, Ulta, Sephora, and their respective websites.
Packaging for my mini tube of Oh La Lift is just about the same as the full size. This product comes in a clear, round, recyclable tube with a black cap. The name of the product and Benefit logo are written on the front of the tube in cute, black cursive letters. A small amount of product and company info can be found on the back of the tube. Twisting off the black cap reveals a little doe foot applicator perfect for dotting the product on as suggested.
Benefit suggests applying three dots of Oh La Lift under each eye. I've tried it both ways and definitely prefer using this product over my makeup. I am not a fan of Oh La Lift. I actually feel like it makes my under eye area look worse! This light, thin, lilac tinted eye brightener gives me the appearance of under ye bags, which I don't typically have. I also find that Oh La Lift settles into my fine lines and exacerabates them. This is the opposite of what should happen! This doesn't just happen to me either! I tried this product on both my mum and boyfriend, out of curiosity, and it made their eye areas look worse too! I will say that this product makes my under eye area a smidgen brighter, but the positive effects are definitely canceled out by the baggage it appears to give me.
Benefit's Oh La Lift is definitely a fail for me. This is the first miss for me from Benefit. Oh La Lift gives me the opposite of the effect that it promises, and it seems like it's not just me that experiences this issue. The packaging and name is cute, but that doesn't make it worth $22. I don't recommend Benefit's Oh La Lift and definitely won't recommend it. Who wants more bags and fine lines? No one. I doubt I'll finish off my little sample tube, I'll either toss it or pass it on.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by bs786229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product does not work. I had high hopes bc I love BeneFit, and I definitely need help under my eyes. I def would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by SNEAKYSNAKE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have significant dark circles is does nothing. It causes my concealer to clump. It was recommended to use it in addition to my concealer and I find it to be a total waste of money for the purpose of brightening if you have dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by IamAleks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product. It brightens up undereye area really well. I apply it with concealer brush. Usually don't have to touch up during the day.
I'm not sure if it's gonna work for darker skin tone but for fair skin in me opinion it's just fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by condracek4337

I purchased this product and i am not very impressed. I did not expect it to act as a concealer, but i did expect it to lighten my eyes a little more than it does. when you put it on, you have to be careful not to rub it in too much or else the product will completley disappear. I use this for a little pick me up when im going out. Good product but i will not be repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MsDZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

By itself this is not a Holy Grail product, but it's pretty close...if you have pale skin (which I do, so for me it works great). I have friends with darker skin tone that didn't notice a difference worth the price. I compare this to Touche Eclat; it is a highlighter, not meant to be a concealer. If you purchase this to use as a concealer you will be disappointed! However, if you layer it with a concealer it helps to brighten the eye area so that the bluish area under eyes is lightened and ready for any other makeup you wish to apply. Don't buy this with the intent of getting rid of undereye circles, but with the intent of using it in combination with a concealer for the purposes of lightening the shadows that develop from those circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by knox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS STUFF IS GREAT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me this product isn't 100% amazing but I did get it dirt cheap so can't complain too much.
It does brighten the under eye area slightly but nothing amazing.
Great for my brow bone I'd probbers only buy it for this reason.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Product doesnt really do anything. I can still see the bags under my eyes after i apply it. Have tried it alone, under a primary eye concealer and over,,, still nothing. ugh

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

This stuff is expensive and settles in lines easily. Doesn't do very much at all other than that. Waste of money.