October 23, 2014 | 1811 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After using Terax Crema for years, felt like a big change and picked up this conditioner based on the reviews. I have normal hair prone to breakage, the main reason for me to switch products. This conditioner is lighter in consistency so u end up using a little more than usual, herbal scent and provides a good slip. I think its a step above than Terax crema. The only con for is the price..now I have to hunt for a good deal. I paired this with Aquage Shampoo and the results are amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lizmcgugin

i will start out by saying i paid $100 to buy the bigger bottles of this shampoo and conditer and i think that is a lot of money... but i feel its worth it. and you really dont have to use much. i love this conditioner!!!, it really helps hydrate my overprocessed hair. i shampoo with the matching shampoo and put the conditioner in, massage into my scalp then pin it up and put a shower cap on and wash it out last thing before i get out. i use Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment after the shower and let it air dry and i can literally just go like that (i do tend to curl or straighten it anyway though because i dont like how my hair dries wavy)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

This conditioner is amazing, it's super pricey, so I usually use it sparingly, and only when i can afford it.
It hydrates without the aid of silicones, and only uses a water soluble one. so it's meant to be used with a sulfate free shampoo (hydrate shampoo), but i just use whatever i have lying around.
the shampoo is very very concentrated and i only need a small pea sized amount to condition my whole head, (i am a male, and my hair is medium ish length) if you're a woman with longer hair you may need a pearl sized amount. but a little goes a longgggg way.
It has rosemary and peppermint oils in it which stimulate blood flow to encourage hair growth, so if you put this near your scalp, you kind of get a two-in-1 conditioning treatment and hair growth stimulation!! which actually saves you money in the long run. This also contains a UV filter to help shield your hair from sun damage, a win !
there's one thing thats a bit annoying though, but its just me; the cooling sensation is pretty nice but during winter the last thing i want to feel is cold on my scalp, especially when i rinse with cold water anyway. That might be a little unsettling for those of you who have temperature sensitivities.
This conditioner gives MASSIVE slip to my hair, and makes it super soft, but never weighs it down, despite the fact that i have very fine, almost thin hair. The only thing that gave slip this great to my hair was Joico's Intense Hydrator but the amount of keratin in that is too much (daily) for my virgin hair now, was great back when my hair was highlifted and bleach highlighted.
I suggest you first try the trial size at Ulta for 7.50 , and if you really like it buy the liter size for 64$. You get the most product for your money, i could easily seeing the smaller 8.5 oz bottle lasting me through the rest of the year, so imagine the liter.
Overall a great conditioner, a bit expensive, but totally worth every penny!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Rickyacevedo

Overall this has done pretty great things to my hair. The conditioner has a intense tingling sensation on your scalp once you place it on there, and at first I thought I was having some sort of a negative reaction, but its just the intense mint feel. But its def added moisture to my hair, and my hair has gotten a bit more wavy too, I think since its not meant to smooth hair out my natural hair really shines through. My mom though is NOT a fan, she was looking for a conditioner to smooth out her hair and it left her ends tangled. Which is a SHAME. :/ My ends werent tangled though. You need very little, much less than when I was using Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydratherapie. At first when you rinse it you dont feel like its done anything but once it dries you notice your hair shinier, healthier and very soft. I still use Matrix Biolage's Aqua Immerision masque for intense conditioning for ultra moisture though because its just so damn good. Im excited to try Pureology's Hydrawhip or other masques. Its going to last me a LONG time (33 ounce bottle / $64 ) since you dont need much and I use it every day. The smell is pretty strong and is def a hit or miss depending on your preference, I def like it, but if you like a floral smell you wont like it. Id recommend buying the travel size and testing it first since me and my mom had such different results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like the shampoo, I LOVE this stuff! It leaves my hair feeling soft, and looking amazing! You only need like a dime size of this and it's enough. This conditioner and the shampoo have done wonders for my hair, this stuff really is amazing! I will definitely repurchase it, I already have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

This conditioner will change your hair to amazing softness and silk from the first time you use it! It is expensive but you only need the size of a dime to coat all your hair. It spreads so well. It detangles but leaves your hair light and bouncey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteHairGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is one of my favorite conditioners its amazing and seems to really help my hair grow for some reason. The only down side is last year when they changed the packaging they changed to conditioner too and its not as amazing as it once was. That being said its still a great conditioner and would liken it more to a deep treatment its great for dry and damaged hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by callieinterrupted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Last year a woman at the salon damaged my hair. She suggested I buy this tiny bottle of Pureology for my hair. I've had it for a year.
PROS:
- Lasts forever
- Smells and feels good
- Works for healthy hair
CONS:
- Doesn't help damaged hair.(in fact, it made my ends feel more brittle)
- Expensive!
- Doesn't prolong hair-dye stay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unlike the shampoo, I love this conditioner. I was very surprised at how minty it was - definitely a first for me! It's very moisturizing without being too heavy and I could instantly feel it work its magic on my freshly shampooed hair. It also has excellent colour locking properties. Unlike the shampoo which strips my red dye out, this one instantly locks it all back in and the washout stops immediately! I was a little concerned when I couldn't seem to rinse it all out (but that's probably me being overly zealous when I was using it), but it did not leave any residue in my hair and after blowdrying and straightening, I was amazed at how soft and smooth my locks were! Very impressed and will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by purplerain71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is only conditioner I can trust. It smells so good, so minty and detangled my dry, damaged and coarse hair. Left my hair very shiny and smooth. It's a must with hydrating shampoo, it works wonder!