L'Oreal Colour Riche in Toasted Almond

4.4

on 9/22/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this because my husband really likes the color. I used to wear shades similar to this about ten years ago. I'm much more into nudes shades now. Although I used to wear L'oreal lipsticks many years ago, I dislike the scent now. Yuck! Besides the scent, this is a beautiful color. On my skin tone, it's a mid brown/rose color. I'm glad I have it in my collection but I would not repurchase this lipstick because of the scent.

on 9/15/2009 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a nice medium-toned nude/brown with a definite warmth to it. I prefer my nudes with a hint more pink but this one still looks okay on me (MAC NC30/C3). The formula is creamy and lasts decently but definitely nothing stellar in terms of lasting. No shimmer here, it's a cream formula. The packaging leaves a little to be desired- it's easy to twist the stick up too much so that the cap smashes the lipstick. They need to make the cap lid longer. I prefer Revlon's Sandalwood Beige and Maybelline's Sweet Honey over this color.

on 12/24/2008 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've bought this lipstick over and over again because I never go out anywhere without wearing it! It's a nice nude colour on me. (I have a warm-toned skin colour)

on 11/18/2008 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A beautiful nude with great pigment and pink added so it does not wash anyone out. This is a universal shade. It's creamy and has no shimmer, goes on smooth. I am always going back for it. I had an HG color some years ago that is no longer made, and this is an exact match. This nude never washes you out and it's very natural. Lips have a slight glow/shine but it stays on.

on 3/3/2008 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like this lipstick. I tried Fairest Nude which is nice but too pinky for me and CVS was out of Tawny which is the shade between Fairest Nude and Toasted Almond so I figured I'd give this one a try and I'm glad I did. It works on my warm complexion and is really neutral. I won't try again because I'm always trying new colors and never buy any lipstick twice but I will definitely get use out of this color.

on 9/7/2007 3:39:00 PM

I have been using Toasted Almond, for ever it is the best I always try other's and waste a lot of money, Colour Riche, has the best color's and are better than alot of the more expensive brands, why waste your money.

on 7/30/2007 4:46:00 PM

This review is based on the color of this lippie on me only - I looove the colour riche line, but I can't belive so many people liked this color. It looked very coral on me (I have fair, freckly skin with coolish undertones). However, I gave it to my red-haired, warm-toned skinned sister and it looked beautiful on her. If you look good in very warm colors, I guess this would be for you.

on 7/24/2007 10:32:00 AM

I got this recently and I'm really liking it. It's a nude/natural shade but a bit on the warm side. I also got Nature's Blush since it's supposedly a Jen Lopez favorite (I'm no fan of hers but I have similar coloring), but I like this better. It's not as dark and it's more flattering - with NB, I have to play around with lip liner shades to keep it from looking too brown but TA is just right. L'Oreal may be a little more $ than the average DS products, but there are always sales & coupons and the quality is equal to the department store brands (in fact, they did sell this in those stores at one time). My only grip is that bulky tube that doesn't really stay shut - I love their l/s so I really wish they'd update the packaging.

on 5/21/2007 1:33:00 PM

Good medium neutral nude. It comes out truly neutral on me , no pinkish or orangey undertones. In comparison to Nature's Blush, it is less orange and lighter and thus more flattering. I like Aishrwya's Beige more, b/c that is pinker and has more of a warming effect. Typical good Loreal quality: slight floral scent, creamy consistency, doesn't dry my lips out, good pigmentation and lasting power.

on 1/23/2007 11:12:00 PM

I just keep getting more and more impressed with the L'Oreal Color Riche lipsticks. This was on sale at the drugstore and based on the reviews, decided to give it a try. I love it! It is a lighter neutral shade with a bit more pink than the Nature's Blush I've been wearing. It is a fantastic nude color that does not leave you washed out and blah. I would think this neutral would look wonderful on many skin tones, any time of the year. Yes, the smell can be a bit much. But this lipstick stays on, is creamy and is reasonably priced. Works for me!

Popular Lipsticks