July 28, 2014 | 1488 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this lotion! The smell is so nice - I always gets lots of compliments on it!

I haven't noticed anything firming about it though - but still really like it! Very moisturizing and a little goes a long way - I use it every day all over after my shower.

Do not use it on your face - it is not meant for that!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and had high hopes for it, since I normally LOVE Philosophy products, especially their body wash. However, this stuff smells like an old woman (when I wore it, my sister told me it smelled like her 50 year old boss. She discovered later that this is, in fact, the lotion she uses). It's also really greasy, which I guess for some might be "moisturizing", but I think if you slather this on your legs and the rest of your body in hopes of moisturizing, you're probably going to slide off chairs, it's that greasy. Will def. not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

If you want to get fancy with your body lotion, check this product out. The bottle is conveniently packaged and the formula is different from DS brands. First off, there is a distinct smell to this lotion: hard to describe but I have a sensitive nose and am neutral on the smell...but it'll linger for a bit before it goes away.

It applies smoothly and sinks in fast without leaving a greasy residue. Skin definitely is hydrated for a good 12 hours or until your next shower. I noticed my body skin does seem more firm from using this lotion, so the formula is working. This doesn't leave any small particles of glitter (like Olay Quench) and gives a different type of hydration to the skin than Aveeno products.

This is a definite buy but maybe they could work on eliminating or changing the scent. I could see the scent not working with everyone's body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Obviously you have to like the Amazing Grace scent to use this lotion. And I'm a little surprised that MUAers are using this in their FACE?! (So if you are and you're reading this, stop it!) When they say firming, they mean neck and below. It does have the addition of some vitamins put they are pretty far down on the ingredient list. Nonetheless, it is not greasy, retains the fragrance, and has a smooth feel. And a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Love all the "Graces", but for years I bypassed this product due to the price. While in Sephora, holiday shopping a few months ago, I finally caved in to see whether it's worth the extra money. I decided to use it sparingly on the parts I felt needed a bit of firming at my age of 46. Almost immediately I can see an improvement in the "crepiness" that's beginning on my neck.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by shelly7130

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my signature scent. I wear it all the time and always get compliments. It smells fresh and clean but subtle at the same time. It doesn't really even smell like perfume, just clean and wonderful but so pretty ! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I love the smell of this body lotion!! It is so moisturizing and the scent lingers. I have the huge 32oz bottle of it and I love having it on hand all the time. I gave it a 4 only because I haven't noticed anything firming about it but overall, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Cheriseeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so i kinda LOVE this stuff. I use it after i wash my face and its NOT GREASY at all. and i hate lotions that make me feel greasy... It makes my skin feel soo smooth. Most lotions i rlly dislike so its rare i like one since i either find them too be to heavy or greasy feeling and sometimes too watery. But this is PERFECT.
Soaks into skin very fast leaving no residue, just smooth supply feeling skin. Oh i only use this on my face. I like to use less expensive things on my body.
I dont rlly enjoy the smell much.. My mother doesnt like it but i think its okay.. Its nothing Amazing...but it is kinda strong so if you dont like it i cant really see you getting much use outta this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by cjanerun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this as a light moisturizer. It smells okay and isn't super-moisturizing but still very nice. It is very fluid (but not thin) and applies very easily all over. This can work for all over the body but I really like it for on my face under makeup! It doesn't add any greasiness, hasn't broken me out, and helps foundation go on really smoothly over top. I'm only 19 so I can't attest to any firming, but judging from other reviews, this one fails in that respect!

Philosophy's blurb on the front is a bit weird... but I'll overlook that! So nothing too amazing, kinda overpriced, but I somehow feel loyal to this moisturizer. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a body wash sample of this from Sephora and liked the scent a lot so thought I'd try out the lotion since I had heard so many rave reviews. I decided to get the huge 32 oz bottle of this after seeing an amazing deal on QVC and am extremely happy with my purchase. When I applied this for the first time I was kind of unsure how I felt about it, but once the scent settled into my skin I was in love. I'm not good at describing scents, but to me this is a very feminine and clean smelling lotion - not overpowering or headache inducing by any means like a BBW lotion, but very fresh, longlasting, and perfect for everyday and any occasion. I love the consistency of this - it's very thick, creamy, non greasy, and super moisturizing. My skin looks and feels incredibly soft and I cannot stop smelling myself. I have not used it long enough to comment on Philosophy's claims of it firming, but this is definite HG status and although expensive for a lotion, it was worth every penny. It seems I tend to switch lotions and body creams as often as I do clothing, but I see myself throwing out all the others and sticking with this one for a very long time. Two thumbs up!