Nivea Tinted Moisturizer

3.0

Aqua, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Talc, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Methylpropanediol, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Cera Microcristallina, Stearyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Carbomer, Alumina, Simethicone, Paraffinum Liquidum, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Oleic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHT, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Parfum, CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

on 5/18/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's an ok product overall.
I didn't like the consistency that much. I found it kind of thick, ergo somehow hard to blend. Doesn't really give you much time to work it on your face cause it dries faster than it's supposed to. For me the biggest plus goes to the powdery and yet not caky finish. I love the fact that it's not dewy, so that I don't have to fix it with a powder. Stays on well. It also has a good coverage for a tinted moisturizer. An additional plus for the SPF of course..
BUT..There comes the but...It's not like I have the palest skin ever. Cause I'm not even that pale, even though I have a fair complexion. But, even the light tone is waaaay to dark for me. You can obviously see the lines(and I blended pretty well) as if I were wearing a mask or something. So the biggest minus goes to the lack of shades.

on 5/8/2010 7:16:00 PM

I have very oily skin and this product does not make it worse, it makes my skin glow and not greasy. I am also using LM oil free TM, i really like that too but i find it a bit too thick and dry. I can buy 6 of the Nivea TM for the price of 1 LM TM.

Does not break me out and it lasts all day, whereas i become oily very quickly after LM TM.
Will defo repurchase

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this during my trip to London last month and I'm really impressed with this TM. I bought mine at Boots for £3.99 (which is a little over $6 US). There was only one color available on shelves, Natural which may not be appropriate for those with very fair skin, as it's a bit dark on me (I'm about NC20, light with yellow undertones). I apply this TM after my SPF moisturizer (a bit redundant but this TM does not have SPF) has had time to absorb and this goes on very light and creamy and quite opaque for a TM, so much so that I DON'T even need to touch up with any concealer. It does rub off on clothes; however, on my face, it doesn't melt or streak. In my opinion, the scent is fresh and unoffensive. I've only been using this TM for about a month, and it's still pretty cool in New York. It's not nearly as humid as it will get during the summer months so I'm not sure how this TM will fare in warmer months. For now, I will give it 4 lippies, will edit/update if there are any changes. Unfortunately, I won't be able to purchase this TM again because this isn't available in the US---a shame but if I ever find myself in the UK or overseas, I will be sure to stock up on this TM.

EDIT (5/21/10) The weather is starting to get warm and I'm still loving this TM. Luckily, my bf is in London for business and was able to snag a couple more tubes for me. :)

EDIT (1/21/11) It's been almost a year since I've discovered this TM, and even with almost daily usage, I'm still on my 1st tube & still loving it, holds up in all 4 seasons, great coverage, creamy consistency for easy blending, provides a dewy finish and long wearing.

on 12/9/2009 4:27:00 AM

liked this product but don't looove it..it's a very creamy, heavy moisturizer, good pigmentation for a tinted moisturizer. I unfortunately bought the wrong colour, the darker one, and it's kinda dark for my rather fair skin, however I use it if i want to create a healthy tan effect, and I manage to tone it down with my super fair powder..I think it's an ok product, i think i'll get the fairer one as it's so cheap. added bonus for the spf!

on 11/9/2009 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

In Australia, I think there's only one set colour and it's so great. I have medium/tan skin and putting this on just makes my face VERY tanned (but not orange at least!). It's ok as a moisturizer but if I had to choose, I'd definitely choose
the nivea oil-free moisturizer ( blue) with oceanic minerals!

on 10/26/2009 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the moisturiser in the lighter colour, and I only use it to match my face colour to the rest of my body when I have a tan. It does that very well, and looks even and feels light. Not bad for the price. I do have oily skin though and this product doesn't seem to help that, so I probably won't buy this again.

on 10/16/2009 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im not a big fan of this product at all . . . I applied this in the morning and my skin looked tanned , adn dewy. How ever when I got home that day I was mortified to see my orange/streaky face in the mirror. It had gone patchy and the colour had darkened during the day without me knowing. :S Im not a big fan of the smell either. . its been ages since Ive used this and I can still remember that smell . . .:P

on 10/3/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this crème in lighter shade. I have pale skin, and for daily activities it gives me natural look, so my face doesn’t look too pale and white to wear lip gloss and mascara. My face color is more vivid with this. It doesn’t clodge my pores and it can camouflage some black spots and pimples. Bad side is that my face starts to shine really bad after an hour or two with this creme.

on 7/25/2009 7:32:00 AM

* PROS
- Looks and feels very natural, no hint of orange (cough Avon).
- Blends easily.
- You can layer this, but if you don't blend it well you'll get uneven splotches. This doesn't happen with one layer though so usually I just stick to one.
- Conceals my blackheads to some extent.
- Doesn't clog up pores like foundation.
- Good base for a foundation. Moisturises so your skin doesn't look flaky when you put foundation on, and gives a little extra coverage.

* CONS
- Light coverage, but perhaps I'm asking too much from a tinted moisturiser. 1-2 layers of this makes my skin look decent.
- Only comes in one colour, which is quite dark actually. It works very well with my olive/tan skin but does not blend that well with light skin. However if you are pale and want a healthy semi-tanned look, this is good for that effect. :)
- Sometimes when you're squeezing the bottle a huge blob of brown moisturiser SPURTS out, and it STAINS your clothes. Lesson learnt, don't change into nice clothes before applying this.

- - -
PRICE [3] | PACKAGING [2] | REPURCHASE [maybe]

on 7/18/2009 9:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Tried this twice, both times it made my pale skin look orange (ew!).This was especially noticeable under natural light. Also, this stuff is seriously greasy, after an hour or so I felt (and looked) like I'd put oil onto my skin. Orange and oily. Sure as hell not going to buy again.