Revlon Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

4.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Found this after researching alternatives to a red for this fall. I usually wear more subtle, glossy lip choices, but wanted to add a bit more color without overdoing it. I recall Revlon lipsticks having a weird overpowering scent years ago, but was pleased to find that this has changed, at least for this formulation. The color is really nice. I like to dab it lightly, but it can be applied heavier for darker payoff. For my coloring, lighter works better. With a gloss on top, I'm good to go.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Overall, this is a very good lipstick! It isn't one of those "your lips but better" lipsticks, it's too dark to be mistaken for a natural lip color. It leans a little warm, but looks fine on my cool toned skin. My sister has warmer tones, and it looks good on her too. I can't quite pin down the color. I think I'd describe it as ruby brown, with a stilght beige-pink tone. It can actually be built up to look very red and it has a very smooth finish and looks almost a little glowy. It doesnt settle into my lip's lines and cracks. I have no complaints about this one, go revlon!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Revlon lipsticks! Rum Raisin reminds me of the higher-end Bobbi Brown lipstick color - kinda a hybrid between Slopes and Brownie. It's a creamy, highly saturated brownish-raisin (reddish) color that's perfect for autumn and my go-to lipstick for holiday color. Full strength is a bit much for my fair coloring, however, I like to blot it down to a nice stain. Makes my teeth appear whiter too. I can pick this up at any drug store for about $7.00, as opposed to $23.00 for the BB. Can't say enough good things about this!
I love Revlon lipsticks period. Great high-end shades, creamy, non-drying formulas, great price! What more can you ask for?

This takes me back to the 90's in the best possible way! Initially I bought it for posterity's sake, but once I put it on it reminded me why it was such a staple in my backpack (mini, mind you!).
The color is sort of like MLBB but a little more saturated. Use it now as more of a stain, but it still holds up beautifully.
Absolutely love it and re-stocked it in my makeup arsenal.

briefly guys...looooveeee this formula.....love the color....
i found that i doesnt settle in my lip creases!!!!!..thats great right..smooth...overall great ....and this is my first one in this line....and i want moreeeeee....

After having been totally disappointed with higher-end lip colors in dark shades, I got this after reading fab reviews everywhere. And boy, am I glad I got this!
On my NC40-42 skin, it comes out as a rich lovely shade of..ummm...well rum raisin :D!
I am having a hard time describing this but its def. not red on me. Which is a good thing. Its silky, deeply pigmented and very rich- yes, just like raisins. I might try to use this as just a slight little stain on the lips to get that MLBB look. Just while im writing this, I think it will go very well with a clean fresh face, strong brows and a simple messy plaid. Yesss! Gonna try that soon.
Overall, I think it can be worn as the girl-next-door color & a rich-seductive color with equal ease. Love versatile colors!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Overall, Revlon Colorstay lipsticks are my favorite of the drugstore brands. They are creamy and moisturizing and they have no scent at all. I picked up Rum Raising thinking it would be a plum/brown color. On me this comes of as a rusty orangy color that is too warm toned for me. I will not buy this particular shade again but I do love Revlon lipsticks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this as a replacement for my Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick in Rum Raisin (haha, same name) which I had lost. But then I found my Maybelline lipstick about 15 minutes after purchasing this one, haha. At least that gave me the chance to compare the two. The Revlon lipstick is darker and much more pigmented than the Maybelline one of the same name, and also creamier. I also have another Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick (in the color Blackberry) and I find that their texture and pigmentation are very good, so much so that I actually need to apply the lipstick over lip balm and with a lip brush so it will not be too dark for everyday wear, which also will help me save product! Revlon lipsticks rock!

UPDATE 12/28/15: Wow, it's been all this time and I still have this lipstick. Mine is down to a tiny nub at this point. I've long since stopped applying with with a lip brush and now use it directly from the tube, with a lipliner. I've found that I like wearing it with Palladio lipliner in Cognac, which gives it somewhat of a chola look, being that it is quite dark, but I like it. For a more subtle look, I'll wear it with NYX lipliner in Mauve, which is actually lighter than the lipstick itself but looks just fine when applied before, and a little bit after, the lipstick.

I might buy this color again, but I'm not sure, just because I find that dark and bright colors are a bit high-maintenance for my liking.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Revlon's Rum Raisin has been my favorite go-to shade for several years now. In general I love this line of Revlon lipsticks because it goes on creamy, is non-drying, and has no scent. I just started applying lip gloss over it and have gotten a couple of compliments, I think the gloss intensifies the shade.

I have a horrible time finding lipsticks, but I stumbled upon this one and have loved it ever since. I find it non-drying and a great color without being too much. I top it with MAC Viva Glam 6 lip gloss! I know, random combination but it works!! Will repurchase again!!

Recommended for Medium Skin