April 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Beany

I have a horrible time finding lipsticks, but I stumbled upon this one and have loved it ever since. I find it non-drying and a great color without being too much. I top it with MAC Viva Glam 6 lip gloss! I know, random combination but it works!! Will repurchase again!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a deep brown-red with peach overtones--or you could say brown-peach with red tones. Anyhow, it's definitely warm and medium dark to dark, depending on your skin tone. I'd only wear it in winter when I need strong color. Probably best on dark brunettes or yellow tones. I don't think I'd buy this again though since I think think color makes me look older.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I found this lipstick by accident because I was looking for a deep, plummy sort of lipstick. This LOOKED plummy and dark in the tube, but it applied a LOT lighter and is very obviously red.

Though it's not what I was looking for, I do think this to be a loooovely, slightly-muted red color which is great for formal occasions or for colder weather. It's not an obnoxious, bright, in-your-face red and is definitely deeper than that, but I still wouldn't consider it "dark". I find it a very elegant, "grown-up" and polished color, although I think it'd work better on people with warm skin tones. This will probably be a little too much of a rusty look on people that are fair or cool toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Herrera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently rediscovered this product after not having worn it since high school. Oddly enough, on me (brunette with blue eyes and fair skin) it comes across as quite red, but a wearable, soft red. It's a very slightly cooler version of Shiseido Simmering Red and a more exciting, pigmented version of Nars Dolce Vita.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by naughtymatilda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick! On me it comes out a nice mix of brown and rose, and it is the perfect colour for fall. It's a lovely formula and doesn't dry out lips. The only negative thing I have to mention is that I don't find that it stays on all that long. I will buy this over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jjms574

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got his because a makeup blogger really liked it. It looked really dark plum/brown on the swatch outside of the actual tube and I was very hesitant about it but boy I'm glad I bought it! It goes on muted rosy and is perfect for daytime. It's neither too bright or too dark and is super flattering. Whenever I wear lipsticks, I pat it on for a natural look instead of gliding it all over, which can make me look TOO made up. With this, however, I can glide it on and I'm never worried about applying too much because the color is just spot on! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ah memories. Revlon was having a BOGO sale and as I wanted to test out Colorstay, I threw this little lipstick into the mix. I used to wear this line of lipsticks all the time when I was a teenager back in the dark ages, and got pretty nostalgic opening it up and smelling that Revlon smell. From swatching it on my hand in the store, I had high hopes it might be a dupe to Bobbi Brown Raisin lipstick - formerly my HG lipcolor that got too drying.
Sadly it was not to be, this color is just a LITTLE too bright-pink-toned for me and clashes hideously with my yellow-toned skin, making me look like someone's aged auntie with thin, old-lady lips. Eek! Aside from color issues, the texture of this product is weirdly sticky and gummy. It lasted fairly well, but I did not care for the feel. Basically, just a NO all around--plus blah, uninspired packaging that is kind of depressing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by DaliGal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this color from Revlon since the early 90's(yes, that makes me an "old lady") and hope they never discontinue it. I have never been able to wear a true RED lipstick, but this is as close to a red that I'll wear--much more subtle and natural.
Perfect color for fall and winter. The traditional lipstick consistency is what I like--no gloopy gloss feeling or sparkle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by lisett1984

Its a very very nice lipstick and its creme consistency is awesome. I like that its not in pearl like many of the Super Lustrous Lipsticks.
It also lasts quite a while.
Very Good. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by forya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I selected Rum Raisin based on the reviews. It worked really well with my MAC C4 medium/tan with yellow undertone skin, and pigmented lips, which tend to be a pinkish/plum color.

The Rum Raisin comes out a brick red with muted brown. I don't normally wear red or brownish colors, but for some reason this worked on my lips. Maybe because neither the red nor the brown is overpowering, so this is perfect for day wear. Highly recommended for a drugstore lipstick.