Revlon Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

4.4

on 8/1/2011 4:53:00 PM

After having been totally disappointed with higher-end lip colors in dark shades, I got this after reading fab reviews everywhere. And boy, am I glad I got this!
On my NC40-42 skin, it comes out as a rich lovely shade of..ummm...well rum raisin :D!
I am having a hard time describing this but its def. not red on me. Which is a good thing. Its silky, deeply pigmented and very rich- yes, just like raisins. I might try to use this as just a slight little stain on the lips to get that MLBB look. Just while im writing this, I think it will go very well with a clean fresh face, strong brows and a simple messy plaid. Yesss! Gonna try that soon.
Overall, I think it can be worn as the girl-next-door color & a rich-seductive color with equal ease. Love versatile colors!

on 2/17/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Overall, Revlon Colorstay lipsticks are my favorite of the drugstore brands. They are creamy and moisturizing and they have no scent at all. I picked up Rum Raising thinking it would be a plum/brown color. On me this comes of as a rusty orangy color that is too warm toned for me. I will not buy this particular shade again but I do love Revlon lipsticks.

on 12/26/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this as a replacement for my Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick in Rum Raisin (haha, same name) which I had lost. but then I found my Maybelline lipstick about 15 minutes after purchasing this one, haha. at least that gave me the chance to compare the two. the Revlon lipstick is darker and much more pigmented than the Maybelline one of the same name, and also creamier. I also have another Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick (in the color Blackberry) and I find that their texture and pigmentation are very good, so much so that I actually need to apply the lipstick over lip balm and with a lip brush so it will not be too dark for everyday wear, which also will help me save product! Revlon lipsticks rock!

on 12/18/2010 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Revlon's Rum Raisin has been my favorite go-to shade for several years now. In general I love this line of Revlon lipsticks because it goes on creamy, is non-drying, and has no scent. I just started applying lip gloss over it and have gotten a couple of compliments, I think the gloss intensifies the shade.

on 12/16/2010 7:19:00 AM

I have a horrible time finding lipsticks, but I stumbled upon this one and have loved it ever since. I find it non-drying and a great color without being too much. I top it with MAC Viva Glam 6 lip gloss! I know, random combination but it works!! Will repurchase again!!

on 12/14/2010 6:45:00 PM

This is a deep brown-red with peach overtones--or you could say brown-peach with red tones. Anyhow, it's definitely warm and medium dark to dark, depending on your skin tone. I'd only wear it in winter when I need strong color. Probably best on dark brunettes or yellow tones. I don't think I'd buy this again though since I think think color makes me look older.

on 12/3/2010 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this lipstick by accident because I was looking for a deep, plummy sort of lipstick. This LOOKED plummy and dark in the tube, but it applied a LOT lighter and is very obviously red.

Though it's not what I was looking for, I do think this to be a loooovely, slightly-muted red color which is great for formal occasions or for colder weather. It's not an obnoxious, bright, in-your-face red and is definitely deeper than that, but I still wouldn't consider it "dark". I find it a very elegant, "grown-up" and polished color, although I think it'd work better on people with warm skin tones. This will probably be a little too much of a rusty look on people that are fair or cool toned.

on 10/19/2010 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently rediscovered this product after not having worn it since high school. Oddly enough, on me (brunette with blue eyes and fair skin) it comes across as quite red, but a wearable, soft red. It's a very slightly cooler version of Shiseido Simmering Red and a more exciting, pigmented version of Nars Dolce Vita.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this lipstick! On me it comes out a nice mix of brown and rose, and it is the perfect colour for fall. It's a lovely formula and doesn't dry out lips. The only negative thing I have to mention is that I don't find that it stays on all that long. I will buy this over and over again!

on 7/10/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got his because a makeup blogger really liked it. It looked really dark plum/brown on the swatch outside of the actual tube and I was very hesitant about it but boy I'm glad I bought it! It goes on muted rosy and is perfect for daytime. It's neither too bright or too dark and is super flattering. Whenever I wear lipsticks, I pat it on for a natural look instead of gliding it all over, which can make me look TOO made up. With this, however, I can glide it on and I'm never worried about applying too much because the color is just spot on! Will definitely repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks