Dior Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue

4.1

on 4/30/2009 2:20:00 PM

I am a regular user of this and can't even keep count of how many compliments I get when I wear it. I'm a brave soul and wear it in the daytime. Men especially seem to find this very sexy on the eyes. Some young girls have commented on how they love my 'purple mascara' so I guess it can look cobalt or purplish-blue depending on the angle and lighting. It is the only blue I have found that really shows up true to color and that is the only reason I repurchase. If Lash Blast or Maybelline Full n Soft came in this color I would buy it instead because I think the Dior Show formula is very overrated. The Dior Show formula in this shade has always been sort of clumpy but for some reason the plum shade was not. I must say that I switched to the Unlimited formula with the skinny brush and it goes on so much better. just smoother and without clumps so I will stick with this version from now on. It wears well but still comes off very easily with water.

on 4/6/2009 9:28:00 AM

I have the waterproof version of this mascara. I love how it actually shows up as a vibrant blue on my eyelashes however, I always have a hard time removing this from my eyelashes even with make up remover. Also every time I use this mascara I lose a few eye lashes the next day maybe because of it's difficult removal or that the formula is drying out my lashes. Another thing I was not happy about is that I took this on vacation with me and the whole top of my tube broke off. None of my other cosmetics( including other mascaras) broke and this mascara was stored in the box when I traveled with it.

on 3/30/2009 6:11:00 PM

Very noticable blue color, quite vibrant and visible, if that's what you're looking for in a blue mascara. Fun mascara, but not for everyday look. I do have to swipe about 3 times for the color to show up. It lengthens and separates well. I have the waterproof version, and it was a bit difficult to take off even with an eye makeup remover. My cleansing oil wouldn't remove this.

on 2/6/2009 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really like how this mascara shows the color even on my dark lashes! Its electric blue...very sexy! Even with dark eyes like mine. The problem is, I think I'm allergic to it..makes eyes water and itchy and dries out my lashes. But it is a good mascara, beautiful blue!!

on 1/31/2009 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love the blue in this mascara. I purchased Benefit BadGal in blue and quite liked it but wasn't wowed by it. Since I had Diorshow black and loved it, I figured this blue was worth trying. I've always been a fan of Dior mascaras. Sadly they discontinued one of my favorites, Maximeyes (which had the most amazing blue and cool-toned purple ever!!!), so I turned to other brands. I'm glad I'm back to Dior. This blue shows up quite well on my dark brown lashes. The blue always brightens my look for the day. I love wearing it.
Will definitely repurchase.

on 8/31/2008 3:33:00 AM

So I'm always looking for new mascara that I will fall in love with. I was at the Dior counter at Macy's and wanted to try Diorshow and see what all the hype was. I was looking at all 3 colors and thought, this blue isn't going to show up since I have dark lashes. Boy was I wrong! Not only is the blue super bright, it makes my brown eye pop for some reason. Every time I wear this mascara, everyone loves it. I never knew that blue mascara could be so sexy! Needless to say, I didn't buy the boring black, I went with the blue. My only thing is that the brush is so huge and I did need to practice a little using it. Not only does it lengthen my lashes, it makes them super full and no clumping at all for me! I will buy forever! My HG colored mascara.

on 8/10/2008 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i love the black version of this mascara, so i decided to try the blue. it is awesome too! i have black lashes and have a hard time finding a blue that covers. this mascara totally covers and comes out a nice bright shade of blue, not dull as most blue mascaras i've tried. i always get compliments when i wear it. i tend to put only one coat of diorshow on my lashes as it has good coverage. sometimes two coats for evening. also, i find that after a while it starts to get thick. it's a good reminder that i need to get a new tube anyways....well worth the price!

on 8/4/2008 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Wow, this colour is insane! Not many coloured mascaras work for me (I have thick, black lashes that normally end up a motley, patchy blue mess) so I was really impressed that the royal blue stood out so much under lights. My only issue with this was the fact that it clumped my lashes together so bad! I used a lash comb but because my lashes are fluffy anyway, I ended up with a solid 'fin' of eyelash :(

on 5/18/2008 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The saying "I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things" is so true in this case. For a couple of summers I have been trying to avoid buying this relatively expensive blue mascara, by buying other cheaper blue mascaras. They were always lacking something: volume, color, staying power... Well, Diorshow has it all and after throwing money away on other brands, I ended up coming back full circle and buying this. I am not disappointed, this is a great mascara. I have heard from friends that Diorshow used to dry out quickly when it first came out and I hope that has changed in the meantime. If you want a blue mascara, I strongly encourage getting this right away as it is definitely one of the best, if not best, out there.

I got turned onto this when I saw my friend who has BLACK lashes with the most pretty blue lashes. She told me it was Dior and I HAD to get it. Let me tell you it works beautifully! Most colored mascara's barely show up, but this one sure does (and bright)! With two coats I had long, thick BLUE lashes. And I hadn't had a smear or flake all day!