April 16, 2014 | 2118 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Aliasmmj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well I have a terribly dry skin . In summer I used to get buy using water based moisturizer thinking its better for my skin till winter hits and I get very dry flaky skin which is horrible with foundation and I thought the problem was foundation I kept trying new products, till I came on your website and read about Jergens. It's amazing . It took 24 hours I applied it twice and the dryness and flakes significantly improved. I read here also that some used it as a makeup base I tried that it was a too oily finish for me but maybe it can work for some. I use Eucerin for very dry skin SPF 15 as a base now ( also go introduced to it via your website thanks) during the day and after work I wash off and apply Jergens.
I also gave it to my younger sister to try she has acne and it's helping her a lot I can notice a difference.

Overall I think this is a great purchase. I have been using now for close to a month I wanted to wait to test the slightly long term results prior to writing. I am very happy and relieved I can apply my make up and not look embarrassed all the time.

I would definitely always make sure I have it available.

Goodluck.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by MissKittyKat

I know I know.
I'm usually not a fan of products that contains mineral oil....
but i love this stuff

(i use an exfoliating cleanser and clairisonic brush first)

i use this to rinse away any excess makeup (I dab it on) yes dabbing makes a difference

splash my skin with water and then remove the residual cleanser with a toner
the scent is soothing and heavenly and lulls me to sleep....

theres something about this product that just works........ it's magic and i'll always have it on hand

***ps it's very cheap at walmart.com you can get a pack of 2 for $5 I think :)

I hope they never ever change the formula!!!!!

(oh ps I dont use this product around my eye area.... itll sting a bit )

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by wq13

It's an okay product.
I usually use Pond's cold cream cleanser to clean my face and remove makeup, but I decided to try this out because of all the good reviews.
(the fact that it's dirt cheap is another plus!)
I tried to take off my eye makeup with this, but it stung my eyes like crazy! It did take foundation off pretty well, though, so I'll give it that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by littlemissymo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was in a hurry one day, so I grabbed the cheapest moisturizer I could find in the makeup aisle of Walmart.
The package is endearing, and functional. I don't understand why people would make a fuss about it; the lovely little tub gets the job done. This face cream smells like my grandmother, a scent I enjoy. It brings back fond memories and the light pink color is uplifting.
I was a little shy about putting this on my acne-prone, oily face. Especially after reading the reviews online! Many of them mention how the reviewer "... wouldn't recommend this for an oily complexion..."
I'm here to tell you that they are wrong. This product is a keeper, even if you have awkward teenager skin like myself.
I've had this cream for a couple of months now, and I use it every night. I slather it on before bed, and although the feeling is greasy at first, by morning it has completely absorbed into my skin, leaving it soft and fresh and sweet-smelling. I also use it to wipe off those stubborn sorts of makeup and it works like a charm. You can also use it as lotion, it works wonders wherever it's applied.
Acne? Gone. Cracking feet? Soft and supple. Rough elbows? Smooth. Calluses from playing Violin and Cello? All gone. Chapped lips? No more.
The stuff is nothing short of miraculous. And, it's only a few dollars. Try it for yourself (:

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week now and couldn't wait to write a review on it! I have been looking for a cold cream for a while now on etsy and almost bought some ponds but I'm glad I didn't. I almost deleted this review and story because it may seem a little "out there" to some people but then I realized that sharing the info I have on what helped get rid of my acne might help someone else and that's totally worth being "out there." lol. So here goes:

I actually came across a recommendation for this cream while searching for something completely different called zz cream or zhongzhou cream. I suffer from acne and recently my skin has been amazingly clear due to doing a parasite cleanse I bought at the health food store. Like freakishly clear. For me. No monthly hormonal breakouts or blackheads or anything. I didn't realize at first that's what was making me so effortlessly clear but after reading a forum post about zz cream I understood that skin mites called demodex were causing MY acne. If you have acne I suggest you read about it as well!! They are extremely common and almost completely overlooked by doctors and estheticians. The reason I bought this cold cream is because one of the ingredients in it is sodium borate also known as "borax". Not to be confused with boric acid! Borax is most commonly used to make home made washing powder and I guess some people ingest it to do parasite cleanses. I don't know about all that but I do know that if its applied topically it will keep skin mites at bay & therefore will also keep skin clear. So I bought it for that reason initially. But after seeing what its done to my skin after just a week I will be a customer for life. The tone of my skin looks better and my makeup applies beautifully. I use it as a traditional cold cream to remove my makeup. I apply it all over then wipe it off with a tissue. I don't rinse or wash I just go straight to bed. I wake up to really really soft skin! In the morning I will normally wash my skin then apply makeup. Well yesterday I was in a rush and just slapped some foundation and powder on without washing my face first and ran out the door. When I checked my self in the mirror later I was shocked. My skin looked so good! Glowing and pretty and lit from within. Not oily or shiny but dewy and pretty. I believe this cream is the reason. So I actually applied a small amount today like a moisturizer before I applied my makeup today, left it alone for a while then wiped my face with a tissue to absorb any excess oil. Looking at my skin right now, It just looks so pretty! I'm very happy with this stuff and I hope they never change it! I also hope my story will help someone out there who's dealing with acne like I was. Even if you don't have acne I think most anyone can benefit from using this cream if only as a makeup remover. It works excellent for that as well!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by frankenstain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this everyday to take off all my makeup. I smooth it on and wipe it off with tissue and then wash my face with something like Olay Nourishing Cream cleanser. It's great as a cold cream. I never used it as a moisturizer, I just use it as a makeup remover. I have gone through several jars. Its cheap and works fine!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by angelaangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy using this product. I use it mostly at the end of the day to remove sunscreen and make up - slather a bit on, and tissue off. I have slightly sensitive skin, and have had no problem with it. It cleans effectively and gently.
The price is unbeatable. I had been using Ponds but their price went up. Now I slightly favor the Jergens any way - not just cost.
A terrific bargain find that delivers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by amazin90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail winter skin savior. It has become cold in the Mid-West and my skin is increasingly drier. I actually got this on a whim because Wal-Mart was out of Ponds Dry Skin Cream. I'm glad because this works so much better for me. I put this on my cleaned and toned skin as an overnight moisturizer and I wake up with baby soft skin!!! No night moisturizer has been able to accomplish this for me and this costs less than $4.00......win for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This is the time of year to take out your Jergens All-purpose Face Cream. I just purchased a new tub, I couldn't find it for a while, but Walmart has it again. Yes, this is called face cream, but it is absolutely the best skin moisturizer for your dry legs and arms in the winter! Give it a try after a shower, your legs and arms will be smooth and soft.

Do use it on your face too, it's great for removing mascara and stubborn makeup.

The first 3 ingredients are the same as cold cream: mineral oil, water, wax. It's less than $4 for 15 oz. It's made in the USA.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Completely forgot about this product until I saw a recent review! I alternate between this and Pond's for cold cream - oil cleansing sometimes dries me out in the winter, so I switch to cold cream for my makeup removal needs. This one is getting harder to find but I do love how it smells and how pink it is. :) No breakouts and very moisturizing, and I love the retro tub! Cute, cheap, and keeps my skin moist and clog-free in winter.

Update: Yep, still loving it. It's the only thing that will remove my DiorShow Iconic WP mascara and makes more of a dent in my Jordana Extreme Volume mascara than anything else. I also think it removes my physical sunscreens a lot more thoroughly than straight oil cleansing or the Eve Lom balm I've been using lately.