December 20, 2014 | 1138 users online

Conditioner - Burt's Bees - Avocado Butter Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, even though it isn't easy to apply and that's why I dropped one lippie. It comes in a tube, the product itself is a green gel-like goo. I apply it in the shower to wet hair before shampoo, it can be hard to get it combed through, so I probably use more than recommended. I do like the fresh scent! And after shampooing and additonal cond., it does leave my long hair soft and deeply conditioned. Do try it in the sample size if you can before purchasing the full size, it might not be for everyone, since it can be difficult to apply and use correctly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2004 8:44:00 PM More reviews by swtgrl87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use this as the directions say to on the package. Instead, it makes a great styling agent for my wavy/frizzy hair. My hair has pretty curls but if I don't put any product in it after it is wet, it will dry into a wavy mess. Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Hair Treatment is awesome for this. I just put a small amount in the palm of my hand after coming out of the shower and run it through my hair, mostly on the ends. Once I've gotten some through all of my hair (except the roots), I let it dry and my curls really are defined and not frizzy at all. I love this and I'm going to be sticking to it for a long time to come.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rvkma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Quite frankly I just don't get it. What the heck was this? It's an odd dark green oily cream, and it didn't do anything to condition my hair. Instead, it was hard to rinse out and left me with fluffy, coarse hair! Boo hoo! Glad it's working for some people, but not for me! Luckily I got sample tubes instead of buying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2004 11:34:00 AM More reviews by blackbird23

Another product that I am surprised has such low reviews! Burt's Bees does a terrible job telling folks how to use their products and I think that's what accounts for such low reviews sometimes. At any rate, I can't live without this treatment. I have kinky, curly, dry, thick (natural) african-american hair and I use this as a conditioner in the shower...sometimes I rinse it out, somtimes I don't (but I like the results best when I don't rinse it out). It helps cut down on frizz, makes my hair look healthy and moisturized. I don't like it as a stylilng product (as suggested on the packaging), but as a conditioner, its one of the best and most inexpensive that I've used....and I love that its all natural and made by a company that I trust.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2004 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Amazonne

A messy, sticking product in terrible packaging. It is so hard to squeeze out of the tube! I love the subtle scent, and the avocado butter does wonders for my hair, but I have trouble rinsing it out. So despite the benefits, I rarely use this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2004 3:15:00 AM More reviews by alixee

This is actually a great product! You wet your hair and then apply the product. I usually work it in and then shampoo right on top of that, use my fave conditioner after that and my hair comes out fab!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by hairprincess01

I use as a hot oil treatment, its not the worst product out there. I like vo5 or suave hot oil treatments better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Schatzegal

I'm growing my hair out and this product is one of the best conditioners I've used. I've noticed that the harder a Burt's product is to apply correctly the worse its reviews...don't let that turn you off of this one. I like to wet my hair, squeeze a inch of the product in my hand, warm it, and add a little water...then massage it into my ends and comb my hair with a Conair shower comb. I keep it in while I'm showering then shampoo it out and follow up with Aveeda Rosemary Mint conditioner. My hair dresser is amazed at my healthy hair. He thinks I'm using salon products...Shh..don't tell!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2004 6:39:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Not sure whether i would repurchase or not. The formula seems really too greasy and oily for any kind of hair except very thick wavy and or wiry hair. I would recommend not using it after shampooing, but BEFORE. You need to rinse out the oiliness which would make most hair too weighed down and greasy looking. Would probably not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have just come to the conclusion that Burt's Bees is a BIG waste of money.