December 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Yogal28

I got the older version as well as the newer version of this blush and i absolutely love it! It's a warm rose on me. I don't see any pink but more towards reddish when applied. It's a very elegant and classic color for me and i like to wear it for occasion and esp. at night. It's long-wearing (on me just like most Wet n Wild blush, which i do have some other long-lasting one fading out on me by the end of the day), it's cheap and it's pigmented, alittle goes a long way. There are some issues though, the older version, the one with the silver packaging break when the item came to me but luckily the blush remain unbroken or else, i'll have to get a refund since the other wet n wild products, both of them, shimmer blush all came broken but the packaging remain intact. Strange isn't it? Secondly, the powder does fly everywhere but it's not like i'm using alot, i don't really care. Finally, i don't like the mirror and the brush but who uses them anyway? lol. For me, the blush haven't crack on me mysteriously so i'm crossing my finger that it won't anytime but since i have quite a few blush to rotate, i think it won't be a problem yet. I got a backup just incase Drugstore decide not to carry this brand. Heard the newer version is abit different than the older version (more buttery?), i've yet to used the new one since i don't think i will be using up the older version anytime soon! I'm just fumed that Naive is discontinued and i thought they might include it in the newer version. THAT is my favourite color and it's no longer available since the older version.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mellow Wine is a very buildable, very pigmented Rose Pink color (warm pink with a hint of red). For the heavy handed, this may be a little strong, but luckily this blush is easily blended out with a Kabuki or large powder brush. The formula is a bit soft, causing it to be a bit "dusty" and it sometimes gets mysterious cracks and breaks, causing me to give this 4 stars. However, the wearing of this is amazing - it lasts all day with little fading, and the color pay off rivals that of prestige brands!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first WnW purchase, and I've got to say, I couldn't be happier! I bought this blush at a BOGO deal at CVS so it was even cheaper than the already low price! This blush is super pigmented, a light tap in the pan is more than enough to apply to your cheeks. It is a rosy/plummy/pink color which is perfect for the fall and winter months. I have received so many compliments wearing this blush because it gives me the "just got out of the cold" look. The only negative things I can say about this blush is that is is super soft, so it is prone to breaking easily if dropped. Some people complain about the crumbliness of the blush, but I personally don't mind; it just makes it easy to blend out. Also the packaging is flimsy and cheap, but for $2/$3, I'm not going to complain. Aside from those minor issues, I love this blush. Definitely an HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by blushingrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of my HG blushes. This color is very natural looking on my NC45 complexion. I love that it is very pigmented so a little goes a long way. One day I wore this in with bronzer I used for light contouring and my BF (who RARELY notices my blush) commented on my cheeks. That right there tells me this is a keeper and will always stay in my makeup bag. Definately worth the money!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by M0nay07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush it is very pigmented.Can appy sheer and build up to a stronger color.I wear it everyday no break outs!Im nc 44

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Tacogirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is amazingly pigmented, just to get that right out of the way. It's a nice color, though I don't think it reminds me of wine, whatever the name might say. But, as I said it was pigmented, please watch out if you get it, you don't need to swirl your brush. A tap is really all you need.
I think that this goes very well with my skin but would work just as well with every other skin color.
The only reason I take a lippy off, and this may not be due to the blush, is because I find that the color changes a bit throughout the day. Don't get me wrong, I still like the color that is there, but it is a different color than I started with.
Also, since these blushes are so cheap, I want to get some more! But, I wish they had more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I looove this blush this higher up on my cheek bones near my hair line and revlons cream blush in corral reef on my apples looks amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ArtisticEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I L.O.V.E. this blush!! I had purchased it at first to use as a stage makeup blush, because in the pan it just looks so bright and pigmented. I had no idea I would end up using it as an everyday blush! My skin is almost paper white, so I used this in hurry to make myself look more alive, and boy it did. The trick for everyday (with pale skin) is to be very careful, and start out with barely any of this on your brush. Then build it up. It's beautiful, and very natural. Will definitely repurchase. This did break on me though, which was very upsetting. Good thing the price is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by aludden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love this blush! I have used Nars Orgasm forever and after using it on a model for a photoshoot I saw how shimmery it looked on the skin. I set out to find an inexpensive matte alternative. I have definitely found it with this blush. It photographs beautifully! I have used it in my own modeling photoshoots and on other models when working as an MUA. It stays put and doesn't fade either. The coral color looks beautiful on every skin tone is a great matte alternative to Nars Orgasm! Hasn't broken me out either so that's a huge plus since I have very acne prone skin! Would recommend to anyone and will definitely be purchasing again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by acutina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this blush. It is such a beautiful color that gives a really nice flushed look and doesn't have any sparkle (major plus). Good color payoff. I have yet to find a blush (cheap or expensive) that lasts a long time on my skin, so I won't comment on it's lasting power. The packaging is cheap feeling, but it's a fine tradeoff for the quality of product that you get.