The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Diglycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 4.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

AGGH! I'd give this a 0 if possible. I was so excited to try this product because my skin is like a desert during the winter. I put it on and within a minute or two my skin started itching and burning. I looked in the mirror, and my cheeks had blotchy red spots all over them. I immediately washed it off and they still itched and felt hot for awhile. Bleh. Took it back today. I guess I'll go back to my old faithful organic sweet almond oil.

After the cold weather has started, my cheeks have turned to a desert while the rest of my skin is slick with oil.

I've come to think it's all just dehydrated skin from harsh treatments like neutrogena I used in the past.

After putting this on in a thin layer as directed, it literally felt like nothing. It felt exactly the same as my moisturizer and yes, it did sink in, but still felt DRY! So I tried slobbing a nice thick layer on my skin which helped, but the dry feeling came back after about 10 minutes.

This cream kept reminding me, in smell and texture, of something I'd used before - PONDS!!!!! It smells exactly the same as the Ponds dry skin cream and works just as poorly. It just doesn't do it for me.

I got this on a sale day so I didn't feel so bad. I keep it handy as a moisturizer for my hands and such - not bad for that. I know some people use this just as a regular moisturizer.

I did try this as an overnight mask - my skin is so oily, though, that it was SO slick the next morning, but felt good because my cheeks are so dry and the oil felt good.

All in all, if you want to try this, buy some ponds for 5 dollars at a drug store and slather it on your face - smells and feels exactly the same.

Just not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have oily/combination skin and I found this mask to be too heavy. It is rather sticky and thick. I am also not a fan of the smell, it is true for the entire Vitamin E line.

I did not notice significant difference after using it so I suppose this is just not for me.

I try and use this mask once a week. You hardly need to use any of it - just a small fingers worth. It's very thick and spreads evenly on your skin. You only need a very small amount. I find this mask very useful for my eczema prone skin, but occasionally it stings my skin. I usually clean it off, it doesn't "sink - in" at all as it is very thick. I just wash it off with cleanser. My skin isn't dry after using it, and because you don't need to use so much it lasts for a long time.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE:
Since my face's combination-oily, this thing just doest do. It's too oily oily oily oily OILY ARGHH!!
Actually it didn't break me out at all, BUT because I felt so stressed that the product stung and greasy, I felt paranoid, stressed out, there went zits here and there.
I just need a stress-free product, and that, is the seaweed skincare line, controls oil without overly drying.
I think the mask will work well for ppl with combination-dry to very-dry skin :)
Since I don't want to waste this mask, I use it on my feet and hands and other dry areas. And it works wonder :)

Pros:
-it doesn't break me out, my skin is combination-oily, acne prone, whitehead prone, basically it's like a warzone, but this product doesn't trigger any "landmines" on my face.
-it really hydrates well without glittering my face, in fact, it makes my face shines a healthy shine.
-it's cheap, considering it lasts forever.
-my skin feels so soft, supple, and nourished.
-i don't mind the jar packaging, bacterial invasion is overrated anyway. Just clean your hands beforehand, that's enough.
-smells nice
-it has antioxidant properties

Cons:
-nothing really, for now.

Tips:
I did have a greaseball episode once or twice when using the mask. I think I might've overused it somehow.
Sooo, I applied this mask like a moisturizer, just enough to cover my face, massaged it for less than a min, and it solved the problem, I didn't even have to take the residue off(there was little to none).
Never had a problem leaving this overnight, no break out, even with my combination-oily-acne-prone face. at least for me.
Use it around the neck area when applying this mask and it will feel so soft and nourished as well.

I stumbled upon this product at the store and it kinda ended up in my basked without thinking too much about it. I was actually looking for one more product to reach the amount required to get a GWP-product. I actually needed a good mask though since I had finished my old Biotherm one so it ended up being a very good purchase. I have to say that the cheaper Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask does a very good job. I use this everyday because my skin is very dry, especially now in the winter. It does a fantastic job hydrating the skin. I apply it all over my face after showering, before going to bed and when I wake up my skin is soft and smooth. It absorbs quickly into the skin, I never have to tissue off any residue. I don't have sensitive skin. I use this everyday and have never experienced any negative skin reaction whatsoever. But then again we're all different.
I will definitely repurchase this. It's a great moisturizing mask for a very affordable price. I also like the Vitamin E range scent. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

EDIT: The ingredient that may be irritating people and what had initially irritated me was rosehips. It appears that the product had settled because now I can use this on my face without the burning I had experienced previously.

I had heard good things about this mask and I generally love the Body Shop's products because they're very good on my skin. I've never had a problem with the Vitamin E line before, and because I have very dry skin. After reading a few reviews, I have two observations:

1) If you have dry skin, this product will sink-in like it says, but it may (weirdly) burn your skin. I don't consider myself to have very sensitive skin, but this was just downright odd and uncomfortable. However! I did notice that this mask makes an exceptional skin cream for other parts of my body, and so it's not a total waste. It seems as though the burning only happens on my face.

2) If you have normal-oily skin, this product is probably not for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me start off by saying I rarely have bad reactions to skincare products. After applying this mask for the first time, in a few seconds my skin started stinging very bad, so I immediately washed it off, to see my face completely RED in the areas where I applied the mask. It took a few hours for the burning and itchy sensation to go away. I immediately checked for the composition of the product and that's where I started learning about harmful chemical ingredients etc. and decided to switch to organic skincare (which made me really happy). Needless to say I threw this mask in the bin and never bought another Body Shop product again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this mask is super soothing, and comfortable to use. just slather it on and wait. the mask gets sucked into the skin immediately! just tissue off the residue (slightly oily) and voila! skin is instantly hydrated. The prob is, this effect isnt long lasting, and I find that i need to use it everyday for good hydrated skin. worth a try, one of the few hydration masks i;ve tried that works.

Tried this in store on my hand and it made my skin super smooth so I decided to buy it and try at home. I washed my face and began to put it on, I put a thin layer on my face and indeed it does sink in a bit, it did sting a little but not to the point where it definitely had to come off because it was hurtful. After 10 mins I wiped off using a cotton ball, yes my skin was smooth and hydrated but it also left a greasy feeling.

Unhappy that I spent 10 on this small tub I was willing to try it again after a few days, this time I took a small dish put some of the product in it and mixed it up with a tablespoon of water thinking perhaps the product was a bit too concentrated. Did the same routine, got the same results with no stinging and hardly any greasy leftovers. So guys if you brought this and experienced the same as me on first try, try adding water to the mix, try different quantities of water until you're happy. This is only for those that already brought it and want to make good use of it.

To those that haven't brought it yet try something else to avoid the hassle.

Popular Masks