The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Diglycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 4.

on 12/21/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE:
Since my face's combination-oily, this thing just doest do. It's too oily oily oily oily OILY ARGHH!!
Actually it didn't break me out at all, BUT because I felt so stressed that the product stung and greasy, I felt paranoid, stressed out, there went zits here and there.
I just need a stress-free product, and that, is the seaweed skincare line, controls oil without overly drying.
I think the mask will work well for ppl with combination-dry to very-dry skin :)
Since I don't want to waste this mask, I use it on my feet and hands and other dry areas. And it works wonder :)

Pros:
-it doesn't break me out, my skin is combination-oily, acne prone, whitehead prone, basically it's like a warzone, but this product doesn't trigger any "landmines" on my face.
-it really hydrates well without glittering my face, in fact, it makes my face shines a healthy shine.
-it's cheap, considering it lasts forever.
-my skin feels so soft, supple, and nourished.
-i don't mind the jar packaging, bacterial invasion is overrated anyway. Just clean your hands beforehand, that's enough.
-smells nice
-it has antioxidant properties

Cons:
-nothing really, for now.

Tips:
I did have a greaseball episode once or twice when using the mask. I think I might've overused it somehow.
Sooo, I applied this mask like a moisturizer, just enough to cover my face, massaged it for less than a min, and it solved the problem, I didn't even have to take the residue off(there was little to none).
Never had a problem leaving this overnight, no break out, even with my combination-oily-acne-prone face. at least for me.
Use it around the neck area when applying this mask and it will feel so soft and nourished as well.

on 12/4/2010 4:57:00 PM

I stumbled upon this product at the store and it kinda ended up in my basked without thinking too much about it. I was actually looking for one more product to reach the amount required to get a GWP-product. I actually needed a good mask though since I had finished my old Biotherm one so it ended up being a very good purchase. I have to say that the cheaper Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask does a very good job. I use this everyday because my skin is very dry, especially now in the winter. It does a fantastic job hydrating the skin. I apply it all over my face after showering, before going to bed and when I wake up my skin is soft and smooth. It absorbs quickly into the skin, I never have to tissue off any residue. I don't have sensitive skin. I use this everyday and have never experienced any negative skin reaction whatsoever. But then again we're all different.
I will definitely repurchase this. It's a great moisturizing mask for a very affordable price. I also like the Vitamin E range scent. continued >>

on 11/15/2010 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

EDIT: The ingredient that may be irritating people and what had initially irritated me was rosehips. It appears that the product had settled because now I can use this on my face without the burning I had experienced previously.

I had heard good things about this mask and I generally love the Body Shop's products because they're very good on my skin. I've never had a problem with the Vitamin E line before, and because I have very dry skin. After reading a few reviews, I have two observations:

1) If you have dry skin, this product will sink-in like it says, but it may (weirdly) burn your skin. I don't consider myself to have very sensitive skin, but this was just downright odd and uncomfortable. However! I did notice that this mask makes an exceptional skin cream for other parts of my body, and so it's not a total waste. It seems as though the burning only happens on my face.

2) If you have normal-oily skin, this product is probably not for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me start off by saying I rarely have bad reactions to skincare products. After applying this mask for the first time, in a few seconds my skin started stinging very bad, so I immediately washed it off, to see my face completely RED in the areas where I applied the mask. It took a few hours for the burning and itchy sensation to go away. I immediately checked for the composition of the product and that's where I started learning about harmful chemical ingredients etc. and decided to switch to organic skincare (which made me really happy). Needless to say I threw this mask in the bin and never bought another Body Shop product again.

on 7/31/2010 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this mask is super soothing, and comfortable to use. just slather it on and wait. the mask gets sucked into the skin immediately! just tissue off the residue (slightly oily) and voila! skin is instantly hydrated. The prob is, this effect isnt long lasting, and I find that i need to use it everyday for good hydrated skin. worth a try, one of the few hydration masks i;ve tried that works.

on 7/15/2010 9:06:00 AM

Tried this in store on my hand and it made my skin super smooth so I decided to buy it and try at home. I washed my face and began to put it on, I put a thin layer on my face and indeed it does sink in a bit, it did sting a little but not to the point where it definitely had to come off because it was hurtful. After 10 mins I wiped off using a cotton ball, yes my skin was smooth and hydrated but it also left a greasy feeling.

Unhappy that I spent 10 on this small tub I was willing to try it again after a few days, this time I took a small dish put some of the product in it and mixed it up with a tablespoon of water thinking perhaps the product was a bit too concentrated. Did the same routine, got the same results with no stinging and hardly any greasy leftovers. So guys if you brought this and experienced the same as me on first try, try adding water to the mix, try different quantities of water until you're happy. This is only for those that already brought it and want to make good use of it.

To those that haven't brought it yet try something else to avoid the hassle.

i personally really like this product. its affordable and in my opinion it does a great job of hydrating skin. i apply maybe one finger dip's worth all over my face, maybe a little more on my neck. if the product has completely absorbed into my skin after the 10 minutes then i'll just apply a moisturiser on top. however if after 10 minutes theres still some residue, i tissue it off because it means my skin has already absorbed all the moisture it needs.

i did find that if i used this on an everyday basis i would break out, so this is best used as an SOS treatment or as a weekly treat in winter. i like the smell of the whole vitamin e range from the body shop so the fragrance wasnt a problem. i think considering you only need a small amount to do the trick each time, its definitely a great buy.

on 5/25/2010 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was on the fence about this product - it is rather weird looking, smelling and then does seem to make a layer of grease on your face. And then if you use it more than once a week it does make you break out - but I was holding out hope that it could be a good summertime moisturizer, when you need that extra boost of ooze. But that was before reading about the eye vein deal. No products are worth the risk of translucent under eye areas with bulging veins. I'm throwing it out immediately, before any latent pulsating veins put out a taproot.

on 4/22/2010 4:29:00 AM

I don't have sensitive skin despite being a retin A user and this mask looks kind of bland with a texture of cheap strawberry yoghurt so I was really surprised that it tingled the first time I used it. However I did get a nice glow afterwards and thought - well at least something in it is actually doing something. The second time the tingling was more intense and 24 hours later I still have a lot of redness under my eyes. I can't work out what in the ingredients is causing this but have relegated the mask to my feet - at this time of year I have to nuture my feet to get them ready for sandal exposure and I figure my tough as boots foot skin can handle this mask.

on 4/19/2010 5:49:00 PM

when I read christinakings review of this (where she said about the vein under her eye showing up) I thought she was overexaggerating - but I tried this and the exact same thing happened, it seemed to make the skin around my eyes kind of transparent.

It did make the rest of my skin softer - but the vein thing scared me off. I won't be using this again. I might try and take it back although I don't know what their returns policy is like.

The lid of the pot didn't screw on properly too - but I have other masks of theirs which are fine so I guess it must just be that particular one :(

Popular Masks