October 26, 2014 | 888 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Lokoum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by kolokithaki

I love NARS blushes especially the creams, but this one just like orgasm did very little for me. I'm an NC35 but I seem to absorb colour so this was another blush that disappeared after 5 minutes. I imagine this would look great on many skintones but it just didn't work for me. I still gave 3 lippies as this is quality stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The ratings for this are so high I was sure I'd love Lokoum, but I find it to be a little bit dull. I'm a huge fan of NARS powder blushes, so I thought I'd give the creams a try with this one. My skin tends to get fairly oily throughout the day, and this formula is just too moist to last longer than a few hours on me. I also found the color to be kind of boring, and instead of making my cheeks look glowy or fresh, it turned them ruddy even with a light hand. It sounds like this is gorgeous on most people, but it's just not a great match for my skin tone and type.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by decemberstars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmmm....I don't know where people are getting the "peachy pink with silver shimmer" with this blush. Not the case at all, even in the pan. It's a muted raspberry-ish red with golden shimmer. No where near coral, pink, or peach at all, and definitely no silver shimmer. Very pigmented and you definitely get what you pay for with this one. Very smooth texture that is easily blended into the skin. For reference I am NC30-35, very olive/golden. It lasts all day! As with other NARS cream blushes, this is $23 and comes in a square/rectangular black rubber compact with a nice sized mirror. For cream blushes, the packaging is so much better as it stays clean because there is no blush dust to get it dirty! So yeah, for cream blushes, NARS black rubber packaging is great and chic. Not so much for the powder blushes though LOL. I'd definitely buy it again if I EVER ran out. As always, for cream blushes, I only use my 187 brush. I find that using a more dense blush brush with cream blushes doesn't give me the look I want and ends up looking weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by nikitabambina

All of Nars's products are great but i especially love these cream blushes for their perfect texture. the cream sinks right into the skin for a beautiful natural finish and fantastic color whatever your skin tone. great every day product. this color gives the cheeks a very natural flush. 10/10.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by lilorchid82

This product looks really natural on my darker SE asian skin. I've had powder blush my entire life and wanted to try something different. I was hesitant about cream at first, but Nars is so easy to apply. I definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Peachy pink with silver shimmer. Love the peachy pink part, but the silver shimmer proved too much. So far, the only NARS cream blush that's worked for me is the gorgeous coral Cactus Flower.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by dominique_francon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this harder to apply than regular powder blush, but I like it nonetheless. I'm pale, and it looks nice on me I think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great blush shade from NARS, and of course in their excellent semi-matte cream blush formula. Lokoum is a gorgeous sunny peach- just enough of a hint of bronze to give that extra warmth. It is a staple of mine in the peachy blush range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 9:09:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I approach the big 4-0, I find myself drawn to cream blushes and makeup artists are right. They're far more natural looking than powder blushes.
I had been using Revlon's cream blush but found it a bit too greasy plus the colour wasn't the most flattering.
So I splurged on a NARS cream blush and it's definitely worth the extra $$$.
The much loved Cactus Flower is too cool for my Asian NC30 skin tone but Loukum is perfect. I've used it on my lips and it gives me a lovely, sheer 'lips just bitten' look.
Five beautiful lipsticks for this winner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 2:40:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap but, like other swappers, i use this as a lip colour. its great when your out and about (and at night) as you can control the colour and the compact looks so cute!

You do have to layer on lip balm once in a while cause it does turn to powder and can dry out the lips.

Great colour though and lasts on the lips for ages.
oh, and i do use it as a cheek colour when i'm out and need a 'pep' up.