April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Treatments - Renova - Renova Rx cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetgirl7

this is something I can say works and makes me skin silky smooth glowing and I just love everything about renova. This does not dry my skin out. I am only 31 but I get comments all the time about my skin and people think I look super young. I will use this faithfully every night for the rest of my life :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by DerekFinn

Do you have to wear Sunscreen in the daytime when you use Renova?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by keruchina

04/01/08
I am going to keep updating this review as I continue using the product. I ordered the Galderma .025% Tretinoin cream through medsmex.com and have been using it for just over two weeks now. I am 26 with fair, freckled skin and have been applying sunscreen religiously since I was 16. I am using Renova as a wrinkle preventative because I read that using Renova preventively in your twenties is more effective than starting to use it later on. My skin is dry for a twenty something and the first couple of weeks have been a bit rough for me. I have a lot of peeling and redness on my chin. The rest of my face has mostly stopped peeling, but it stings when I sweat and when I apply sunscreen. I haven't seen any results yet, but I will update at the 2 month mark and the 6 month mark.
ETA- 05/15/08
My skin has finally stopped peeling and looks very healthy! I experienced bouts of peeling for the first month or so, especially around my nose and cheeks. It doesn't look much different than when I started using Renova.
ETA- 7/9/08
My skin is starting to look visibly improved. The discolored, sun damaged spot under my eye is beginning to fade and the super fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead seem to be diminishing.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

gah, sorry to ruin the good reviews... I have been using Tretinoin for 2 years and have just quit. My under eye lines got worse and lines on sides of my face appeared. I was hoping it would go away, but it didn't and got worse. After stopping, my skin is looking a bit better, more even and I put Vaseline on my lines as well, hoping to plump up the skin. I am pretty sad over the turn out. I'm 30 and I feel I look older now :-( Glad it works for most at least...

EDIT: I now use it once a week, and my skin is back to normal, and this seems to work well, perhaps my skin just doesn't tolerate it very well. But once a week works. I'l up the rating one lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ksriches

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At 43, with decades of stupid sun exposure showing on my fair face, this is THE ONE PRODUCT I will never do without! Rode out the first 2 weeks of peeling, redness, and irritation and am now reaping the benefits! Smoother skin, less pigmentation, more plumpness. I just need to be diligent about wearing it every nite. Also, you ABSOLUTELY must wear at least spf 15 sunscreen liberally anywhere you have used the Renova. Do not slack on this, or you will severely damage your skin. I use LaRoche Posay Anthelios, works great. On my second tube of generic Renova, this time purchased for $12.50 for 30 grams, form www.medsmex.com. Paid $100+ before from Costco. Medsmex was reliable, took about 2 weeks for order to arrive.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for 0.025% Retacnyl sold by MedsMex.com as Renova. I have super dry skin and previously tried Green Cream (3 & 6) and the mildest Vivant retinoid. It was obvious that retinoids were good for my DSPW + breakouts skin, but in hindsight those other formulations were far too drying. My face became a peeling flaking maniac, wearing foundation was a saga that involved much planning and exfoliation, it was all too hard. I needed a really emollient retinoid if I was to continue. Enter Renova. I started really slowly, and had a major purging period which scared me, I thought the product itself must be breaking me out. It wasn't the case, but for a while there it seemed like it! Now it keeps my breakouts at bay and speedily heals any blemishes that do pop up.

I have been using it mixed in with moisturiser for a gentler formulation, and save full-strength Renova for dabbing on any breakouts. I find using full-strength Renova all over my face to be too drying for me, but I do have extremely dry skin.

My skin is more sensitive than when I don't use a retinoid, but for me the benefits far outweigh the negatives. If my skin needs a day off, I do that, but this stuff is gentler than others I used in the past. I'm teaming this with a very mild, non-irritating skin care regime - using the Renova as the main skincare active - using a gentle cleanser, and Cetaphil cream on the nights I'm not using the Renova. I use an unscented sunscreen during the day.

Really affordable from medsmex and I'll be using it forever if I can. I'd love to provide an ingredients lists but there is none on the packaging and the company wasn't able to provide one either. For sensitive peeps, note that this particular product (Retacnyl) definitely contains no fragrance.

The tubes I bought had an expiry date of March 09, so the stock is current.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 9:32:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You know this is a good product when every doctor, PA and nurse in my dermatologist office uses and recommends it. Personally, I have been using it about 6-7 years. My skin is a little sensitive to it (it causes minor peeling on my face), so I have learned how to make it work for me. First, I never use Renova in the summer. I live in Atlanta, and play tennis, and no matter how much sunblock I wear, it is too much sun exposure for a Renova user. Second, I use it a maximum, four times a week. Any more, and my face gets way too flaky.

Once I figured out the rules of use that work for me, I was on my way. Renova has kept my skin virtually wrinkle free (I am 39, combination skin, wear SPF 15 almost every day). It had kept my skin tone even enough that I do not have to wear foundation everyday, just a little concealer. My complextion is healthy, glowing, pink, rosy, soft, and the texture is smooth. It has helped to fade old acne marks (the dark spots). My skin looks the same now, as it did when I was 25. I look at my friends of the same age, and most of them have very visible signs of aging (spots, discolorations, uneven skin tone, rough texture, premature wrinkles). Those are problems you cannot hide with makeup (not well anyway). I know I will never be without it.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by DebL66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Renova is the only product, other than sunscreen, that has made a truly noticeable difference in my skin. I have been using it for approximately 7 years. I was a bit of a sun worshipper for a time in my twenties, and in my thirties, it started to show in the form of uneven pigmentation, roughness, and fine lines. I swore off the sun, and started using Renova and a good SPF and my skin has made a total turnaround. Renova gradually got rid of the pigmentation, the fine lines were dramatically reduced (and even some of the deeper ones) and my skin is smooth, firm and soft. You will not see results overnight. You have to use it for several months, and keep using it to maintain the results. Yes, it is pricey, but really far less expensive than buying a bunch of expensive creams that don't really do anything but moisturize.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by tahitia

i am 29 years old, with sensitive skin. i got a prescription for this after reading the fab reviews. in my case, renova (generic) has been working great for lighting old marks from acne, etc... i've also used this for about two months now at the outer corner of my eye where i have started noticing very fine lines (barely noticable).

however, after using this, the lines have become worse. i now have two deep lines in this area. it's true that certain products work for some and not others. i am definitely one of those that has not benefited from this product as an anti-wrinkle cream. there was another reviewer that reported this also, i guess we are in the same boat.

i am going back to using vaseline as it did a better job. i remember starting this after hearing tyra bank's saying her mother used vaseline for years around her eyes and is wrinkleless. so it's back to vaseline for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by sparklemotion

Holy Grail of skincare.
I am 37 with the beginnings of forehead lines etc and this has made a vast improvement in the apperance of lines in the 3 months that I have been using it. It has also removed some longstanding lumps and bumps on my face (what the hell were those things?).

Using it is a bit of a PITA though. You MUST wait about 30 mins after cleansing or it will sting. I have to use a buffer on my neck (jojoba oil)as I had a bad reaction. I use this around my eyes as well - just use sparingly and you will be fine. Peeling lasted about 2 months but was no big deal. You can get great deals on this product at medsmex.com (they are only charging $5 shipping anywhere at the moment so I am stocking up). A tube lasts about 6 weeks. It is hard to recommend this to others as I can imagine some people would not be able to tolerate it., but it works really well for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No