September 23, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

Did someone fill my pot up with paste? OMG this stuff is so sticky, I could wallpaper with it. I got this in a kit of sample-size products on sale so the price was inexpensive. I only took a small dab of this out to put on my cuticles and my fingers and sticking to the keys on my keyboard. Yuck. Maybe I'll try this on my heels this winter but I'll have to put on socks and go to bed with this stuff on. It's so thick and gooey. Sorry, BB, but this is a big fail.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by gelato

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have three mini jars of this stuff lying around for over a year now. I kept buying the trial packs for the foot cream and lemon cuticle butter (fabulous).
The hand creme in a pot was a fail though. Until I used it as a wax for my hair.
The stuff stinks. But because they come in such handy mobile pots, I use them as hair product at the gym. Win!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by patina11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bee's is a great brand that always has cute packaging, and you know the products are natural. This hand creme REALLY moisturizes your skin. I would only use this if you really need heavy duty moisturizing. The consistency is very thick and very waxy and it doesn't absord fast. It takes a lot of time to rub it in and even then you'll need to wipe the rest off. This didn't smell like banana's to me, just typical Burt's Bee's waxy smell, which I don't hate but its not the nicest. A tiny bit of this goes a long way. It also kind of feels gross on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mascara78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I found this moisturiser to be extremely waxy (given, its made from bees wax) with quite a rancid smell. I note alot of people have stated how gorgeous this product smells, I simply cannot smell it. Maybe my product is off, but I know for sure the smell is not pretty.
It left my hands WAY too sticky.... infact Im looking down at my keyboard now, which is severely marked and oily from the product. It even leaves a slight burn on the skin. After all the stickiness, I find the cream sinks in quite quickly, but leaves your hands feeling drier than they were before. Something is wrong with this product, I dont know what it is, but I dont believe it is good for your skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the price, this product is a waste of money. I tried using this while working outside in the winter but my hands still became very sore and cracked and this hand cream just seems to sit as a sticky mess on top of the skin rather than being absorbed into the skin. Then I tried some of my dad's basic drug store hand cream and all of a sudden my hands were repaired, soft and looked after. So I have nothing positive to say about this product other than the nice banana smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by aharb013

This hand cream is o.k. It is kind of greasy, but I guess the greasiness doesn't last that long. But neither do the moisturizing properties. I like the smell though. But I need something better for my hands. Will not repurchase.
Note: This review also applies to the Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

In the hand cream world, this was one of my first purchases. Now that I look back on it, it was way too stick aka waxy hence the name. I prefer the hand repair cream now but no one has started a review about it. It is true that it lasted a long time, but a long icky time cause after about two months you really don't want to go to back to the jar. It's too sticky and gunky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this hand creme ~ it's perfect for my at-home manicures and pedicures. It smells like banana's and I use it on my DH's feet. He won't admit it, but he loves it too...I will buy this product again...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

i love the smell of this stuff! Very moisturizing for hands, elbows, knees, soles of feet and lips. its a lil oily at first but absorbs in fast.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by bellaspots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh! No, no no! The poor bustling busy beeties at Burt's Bees have made a real dud here with this Banana Hand Cream.

As with all their jars, it's pretty as a picture, charming for your mantelpiece. It's tiny but as we know, their formulas are waxy, so 50g of this solid stuff will last you into your pensioning age and could even embalm you without trouble. (Something to consider unless you want to die a death hand cream boredom)

The, ho hum, only good thing going for this pomade like wax is the nostalgic fragrance. It smells like all your comforting childhood dreams: creamy 'nana milkshake with cookies, hot mashed 'nana with peanut butter, hot 'nana buttermilk muffins, and more. But, boy, it doesn't last. You're all dizzy massaging a dollop of this glue into your palms (ick, sticky), and voila, within a jiffy your sweetened palms are left with a sickly, beeswax, marzipan-like pong.

At this point - don't touch anything! Nay, don't touch your freshly washed hair, your squeaky clean cleansed face, nor rub your tired peepers. Why? For fear your palms will stick to your skin - and stay there - for dear life. This stuff is sticky as superglue, talk about a 'nana supergloop attack. To give you an idea of texture, this stuff doesn't move. One couldn't blame artistic or baking beauties using this stiff glop for sculpture, cake decoration, or anything else that takes their whims. It's playdo in a jar.

Not worth the money, not worth the nostalgia. I gauge they're banking on the success of the big yummy sister aka le Almond Milk Hand Cream, but this is a hit and miss. Some will love it (um, Why? I scream), some will hate it (I concur, sisters!), some won't care (that's the worst, indifference....).

Now, why would one use beeswax to make a hand cream? Bad recipe, fellas. Unless you're a gardener, or cleaner, this is not for everyday beauties who, erm, need to use their hands. Pray, stick to lush nut butter bases beauties, they're far superior to the beeswax that's best for lips and soles.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No