October 23, 2014 | 1813 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - #521 - Fuschia w/ Blue Pearl

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hot pink kick lately and I picked this up just because it was 99 cents. I've been wearing it everyday since I got it. I thought I'd have to darken it up with liner but I don't have to. I can wear it plain or I like to put my MAC All of My Purple Life lipglass over it to make it purpley. Even though it's super inexpensive, it feels really good on. I love MAC, Revlon and Wet N Wild lipstick. WnW has a really great quality that makes you forget it's only 99cents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How can you resist this 99-cent cutie? Yes, it's bright as all get-out and screams of 1980s excess (probably because back then, teens on a budget wore this exact shade with cobalt mascara and slashes of blush and neon-yellow parachute pants). But really, it's a very nice color-- identical, in fact, to NARS "Hot Wired" lipgloss, and performs just as well.

It would seem to be a terrible color for a pale, 40-year-old redhead like me, and indeed, many vivid pinks and blue-mauves are. But there is something downright flattering about this shade when worn with champagne shadow, pale-pink blush, and a little mascara; it gives a "pop" of contrast. I think the key is in the formula of this lipstick; it's light, moist, and shimmery, which makes the color appear lovely and multi-dimensional rather than harsh. I love this shade and choose it over my $25 NARS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

This colour never lets me down. The name describes the colour PERFECTLY. Fuschia with Blue Pearl. I feel blessed that I am able to pull off this colour... not many people can. A lot of people may see it as clownish on themselves, as it is out of their comfort zone. On me, it's very alluring. I get compliments whenever I wear it. This colour automatically livens up my face, even on the most "blah-est" of mornings.

I really have to point out to everyone that I paid $1.57 (CAD) for this lipstick. At that price, yes the packaging is cheap and it will break/crack if you drop it on hardwood floor. However, the lipstick itself is awesome quality. It's actually moisturizing and surprisingly has decent staying power. I find that it fades off the lips gradually and evenly over time but almost leaves a bit of a stain, so you still have a hint of the colour on afterall! I will continue to re-purchase this colour forever. : )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by socalgirl01

Love this color, i wear it out a lot, have to say that the one thing that i have been noticing about the cases is that they are pretty flimsy one good drop and its time to replace the lipstick, mine is all on the inside of the lid, but hey they are so cheap its not a big deal to replace.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome. I love the color so much! They're BOGO 1/2 off right now at CVS so stock up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this lipstick. The color is gorgeous and fun. The texture/consistency is wonderful and you can't beat the price at under a buck! I definitely will be trying other colors. If you haven't tried Wet N' Wild in a while, definitely give them another chance because they have reformulated most if not all their products and they are MARVELOUS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by chickenetti

This is a pretty fuchsia, very bold, with a kind of blue pearl undertone, as the name states. Since it's cheap, it's great for experimenting. I actually like this color on me, so it's fun for a wild look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by littlebird246

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe WnW still makes this color. I wore it constantly in the mid eighties, and that's what it reminds me of...Angelyne, Dale Bozzio, that type of 80s bombshell in PVC look. I think the last time I bought a tube of this was 1987. It still looks and wears great! I don't wear it a lot, but every now and then it couldn't be any more perfect!

Oh yeah, in the 80s I wore it with cobalt blue shadow and liner. I think this was also WnW...

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 More reviews by blueberryfrost

Bright fuchsia pink lipstick with a hint of blue shimmer. I bought this as an experiment to see what such a bright color would look like on my pale skin. I actually quite like it! Very striking contrast with my fair skintone and dark hair. It fades nicely and evenly, leaving a pink stain that looks like I've been drinking fruit punch all day. The texture is good, smooth and not drying. Cute and unusual shade! And only 99 cents!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

Gorgeous color, the blue pearl just gives it a nice shimmer. Definitely worth picking up, I got this for .60 cents at Rite Aid.