October 2, 2014 | 1457 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Gotta say, drugstore lipsticks are impressing me, these days. First Maybelline's Moisture Extreme blew me away, now Rimmel, too?

This is an absolutely amazing lipstick for the price. It's creamy, well pigmented, lasts all day and comes in a gorgeous array of colours. They can be a little drying, but that's easily solved by wearing a balm under them. Other than that there isn't too much else to complain about. (Unless you count the less than stunning packaging, but that's a minor thing, and it's not horrible.)

I currently own Dizzy (beautiful medium pink,) Pink Shimmer (pretty much exactly as it sounds, a light shimmery pink) and Airy Fairy (gorgeous nude pink shimmer) and I love all three of them. At 2 bucks a pop, I can definitely afford to expand my collection, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by wontonwendy

i got this in airy fairy for 6 AUD :D:D
which i thought was a bargain
its a pale muted pink with a bit of shimmer i think
it had a nice creamy texture but i found it didnt last at all..
but hey for the price who can complain:)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by peppermintgirl

I have tried Birthday Suit, Airy Fairy, and Pink Champagne in this product. The colors did not go well with my brightly pigmented lips. I'm a PPP and the Pink Champagne looked exactly like an 80's Barbie neon pink on me. Quite hilarious.

Birthday Suit was not the perfect inexpensive nude I was hoping it would be after reading all the hype and write ups in magazines. It was in fact a boring bland blah orange shade. Airy Fairy was probably the best out of the three. Much less neon than Pink Champagne. It had a muted tone that kind of toned down my pigmented lips.

Now the real reason I didn't like these and will not repurchase is the finish. In order to be long wearing they are very drying. The natural lines on my lips were emphasized by 50%. That is aging and unflattering no matter how great the shade may be.

Just wasn't for me.

On the other hand I highly recommend Rimmel's Vinyl Lip product. It's like a gloss and lipstick combined, IMO. Best of all the finish is not sticky like a lot of glosses. My hair doesn't get stuck on my lips when wearing it. Essentially applies like a gloss and moisturizes but the color pay off is that of a lipstick. The shade I have is Eastend Snob. A beautiful universally flattering light pink with slight shimmer. To me it's one of those shades comparable to high end. Something you could easily be charged triple for but it's only around $5.00. It goes on sale regularly at drugstores as well. Do try that instead!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by mashaha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just nought this lipstick in airy fairy today from wal-mart. I put it on as soon as i brougt it. I luv the colour its really cute. It's a light pink colour. the only prob is that it dries out your lips. Not alot but a bit wll for me. I would def. buy this lipstick again. Its not expensive either like $4.50 canadian.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by amaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have two shades from this line: celeb and drop of sherry. I really like these lipsticks as they are creamy and yet stay a while. Celeb is a mauvey-pink matte color and drop of sherry is a dark pink/red with a bit of shimmer. I have fair skin so the drop of sherry is a perfect shade for me if I'm looking to do a reddish lip. Also I kinda like the smell, although if you are sensitive to that then you may not.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Jebjess

I love the consistency of the product. It glides on very smoothly. As with all Rimmel lipsticks, it also has a nice rootbeer like scent. However, it is not exactly "lasting finish." For me, having extremely dry lips, it lasts about the same as any other lipstick. I will still rebuy just because I find it to be good quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Liila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've ben looking for cheaper alternatives to over-priced cosmetics. My skin and lips both are very fair, so finding a natural tone without pearlescent is quite difficult at any price.
This shade matches my ashblonde hair tone and blue-brown eyes nicely, and the texture is good, smooths on nicely without drying.
Some lipsticks have some secret ingredient that dries my mouth which is no good, eg. Dior, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Lancome...this doesn't do that! There should be more shades, bt maybe this goes a long way to autumn...very good buy in Finland for 5.90!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is for Kasbah, awesome lipstick for $5! I am warm/fair and it is peachy with a hint of shimmer on me. I love it for when I want colour. My heart belongs to Avon Glazewear Lipglosses but I wanted gloss-free so Rimmel is perfect. It is moist and applies really well, no fragrance, non-drying, and does not apply matte (which looks dry on me). I purchased Asia and Kasbah at the same time. At this price point I will definitely buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sephorajunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased shade called 'airy fairy' and I am so pleasantly surprised at the quality.

Very pale pink shimmer suitable for, in my opinion, every skintone.

Gives just enough color to the lips without looking overdone or caked.
After 3 hours it still looks freshly applied.

Definately a thumbs up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I'll admit, I think Rimmel l/s are on par with Mac's in terms of quality. They are moisturizing and pigmented. However, their color selection is limited, the packaging is cheap crack-alicious plastic, and the smell... OMFG the smell! It never goes away and it just so nauseating! It's a cross between floral and something sickly sweet and artificial, like Bonne Bell lipsmacker in Sugar Plum. I am not particularly sensitive to smells, but the scent of these l/s is enough to drive me away from them forever. UGH!