October 25, 2014 | 1502 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Color

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i know that chanel nailpolishes chip and dont last long but i cant help but collecting them! they look so pretty and a kind of classy. but dont expect long lasting or anything (nor dior -chips afters a couple of hours) a real suprice for example was the colour 18 rouge noir. usually i hate dark shades but this one -i dont know what is has to it -it just looks wonderfull and i love it soo much!! (bought it just because of uma thurman thou).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by shellsybelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore Chanel, not because it is Chanel but the packaging attracts me to it. The simple design is beautiful and it looks good sitting in my bathroom or as I pull out a product from my bag.

Chanel Nail Polishes in my view are beautiful, the colours are magical and they dry very quickly but.... they chip, they flake and within a day or so my nails look like they have been in the garden all day without gloves. I have generously given these nail varnishes a 3 for its drying time and the colours but I would rather give it a 2 and a half if Makeup Alley had this option. Fortunately I was given my nail varnishes as gifts when I worked in Saudi and they are still with me today some years later. If I were to buy this product I would expect that they would last a lot longer and I would not need to purchase a top or base coat and that this would all be included in the one product. Maybe I am asking too much of Chanel but from a company that I thought stood for quality, I am very dissapointed in their polishes. Make sure you purchase a top or base coat prior to buying these and it doesnt have to be one of Chanel's either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

One&only high-end nail polish I own. I thinnk I got in in an airport duty-free store but that's irrelevant.
Love the colour black Satin 219, love the pigmentation&love the cute, sleek rectangular design of the bottle <3 Altho, invest in good top coat since it peels easily. That's the only the down side

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ilec

I bought the color ming when the one called morning rose was sold out. Its a medium pink and the color is great. What I hate most about this polish is that it takes FOREVER to dry and if you're not careful and u get smudges or marks on it and you have to do it over again and that pisses me off. The consistency is probably too think and goopy and you need to apply 2 coats to get decent color. The price is ridiculous too so I won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by joxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Chanel is one of my favourite brands. I love their cosmetics and the packaging of all their products. So glamorous. Having said that, I would definitely buy the nail polish again for the bottle and brand alone. The nail polish itself is a bit of a hit and miss. It has a perfectly flawless application and dries fast so you can paint another coat without smudging or getting nasty imprints on it. However, it chips and peels off extremely easily. That alone is not a big enough issue for me to discontinue buying the product seeing as I change my nail polish daily, so chipping isn't a huge deal for me. Also it would be excellent if the brush was a bit bigger, I know it's small for precise application, but it would be great for it to be larger and would save a bit of time.

Would buy again and recommended if you change your nail polish often. No one likes chipped nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Insidia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I recently acquired Dragon 475 and it is an absolutely fantastic lacquer, a gorgeous true red creme. It was opaque in one coat and flawless in two, and has lasted about three days without showing substantial tip wear. The formula was perfect -- thick enough to self-level and glide on smoothly, but not too thick as to be hard to work with. It is the *perfect* classic red and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love chanel polishes, I think I have quite a lemming for them. They have the most unique colors. On me, they go on smooth and they do last. I get a manicure every 2 weeks and it doesn't really chip or peel until the 10th day. No one does fashion forward nail color like Chanel does.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by pilon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in a love-hate relationship with this nail lacquer. My favorite shade is Allegoria, and because I have fair skin, this slightly pink shade makes my hands a little bit darker, which I really like. I do, however, have two concerns: the brush and long drying. The brush is simply too small for me, I much prefer Collistar's brush. And long drying - I had to wait like fifteen minutes for one hand to dry... If I put these two concerns aside, it's a really nice nail color with a texture that makes my nails look soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by mvollmar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade of nail polish. It is a true lilac color. I get many compliments on this color. It chips on me, but all polishes chip on my hands because I use my hands at work so much. I'm hard on polish. I would repurchase as this a great color for Spring.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by caflac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As the daughter of a manicurist I have used a lot of different nail polishes over the years and Chanel is one of the worst. I **love** the color (Intermezzo) but it peels like anything and the lower coats crack. I use base coat and two coats of top coat (plus a new coat of top coat every day) and within 36 hours the polish is chipping and within 48 hours the polish peels clean off. For the price I expect better and I expect not to need three coats for full coverage!