NARS Night Breed

4.4

on 4/15/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of my hands down *favorite* black shadows! Night Breed is an insanely gorgeous jet black shadow infused with microshimmer! The shimmer mostly disappears when applied .. but it's incredibly beautiful used in the crease for the ultimate smokey eye and equally stunning used wet as a liner. I barely have to touch my brush to this shadow because it's SO heavily pigmented! I can't rave enough about this baby!!

on 2/28/2009 3:09:00 PM

This is a staple product for me. You can use it as a liner by itself or as a "guide" for your cream and liquid eyeliners on top, I find you make less mistakes that way. Or you can appy it wet and pack on the glitter for a sparkly smokey eye, or use it to deepen the crease for numerous eye looks. Its soo pigmented so you can quickly create a dark rim under the lash line without it being not dark enough, and I find that it blends quite easily. I doubt I'll be finishing mine in this lifetime which is sort of a waste of $30CAN; however this is equivalent if not better to two of MAC's black tied. Lots of brand carry the same basic black eyeshadow but the pigmentation varies, and this is the best :)

This is such an awesome black with the shimmer that it has in it. It creates an amazing dark but soft look when used as an eyeliner. I love it for creating smokey eyes as well.

on 6/2/2008 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love it the best black eye shadow ever. Easy to blend and layering. Packaging is great with a tiny mirror inside perfect for on the go. I can also use it as an eyeliner. I have tried all the other black eye shadows and none compares because this is so highly pigmented.

on 5/10/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Compared to MAC's Black Tied, this eyeshadow is sooooo chalky and hard to work with! I'm used to Nars having very smooth bendable pigments so this was a huge disappointment!

on 2/29/2008 6:59:00 PM

Thank goodness for grown-up glitter! It's subtle glitter gives you just a twinkle in the eye and the heavily-pigmented shadow makes my green eyes POP! I love the packaging, too. The mirror is the perfect size for close-up application.

on 2/16/2008 11:54:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow to death, it works great as both an e/s and an eyeliner. Gives you sexy, seductive eyes. I often have a hard time choosing between this and Urban Decay's Oil Slick. Night Breed is black with glitter (as is Oil Slick), but the glitter isn't as apparent on the lid, so it tends to look matte. I wish this was a little more glittery (haven't tried the other night shades) but the upside is that there isn't as much fallout. If $20 is too steep for you, then I would recommend Oil Slick ($16). You really can't go wrong with either one!

I like Night Breed as a liner rather than a shadow. I dip my brush in contact saline solution and apply with a push brush for a really pretty effect.I also use Night Clubbing, Night Porter and Night Flight as eyeliners.I would repurchase

on 4/27/2007 7:09:00 AM

HG for using it as an eyeliner when I go out to bars or to party. Love it. Wish it would stay on longer, but I guess that's what the Urban Decay Primer Potion is for :)

on 2/24/2007 2:15:00 PM

THIS IS MY HG eyeshadow for smoky eyes! Of all the Night series, this is my favorite for smoking up the corners of my eyes. It makes me look like I have false eyelashes on. (SWOON) It is SO striking. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this shadow!

Top Rated NARS Products