November 23, 2014 | 1995 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Madrague Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by dmd1

I absolutely love this duo. I'm always looking for my HG natural, go with everything eye color, and these are it. The best way for me to describe this duo is that it is a warm neutral coffee and cream. Just add a little dark brown e/l, and you're good to go! And the quality of the powders is top-notch. They glide on like velvet and never crease. For reference, I'm an MMM NC30, brown eyes/brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by vast

This looks boring at first, but I'm new to matte shadows. It's great for a natural barely there makeup look, but you can also build the brown shade and make it more dramatic. I like using this with NARS All About Eve duo too if I want more shine =) As always, NARS never disappoints (me).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Agree 100% with previous review: this duo is great for blue eyes! Wears well in hot weather too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by painted_dainty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This seems like a pretty boring e/s duo when you look at it, but when I put it on and add a little bit of brown e/l and mascara, it makes my blue eyes POP! This is the best neutral e/s combo I've ever tried and I am so happy I swapped for it! I will buy a replacement if I don't find anything else that's very similar and less expensive....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by hoochiemam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies, this is HG material. By far, my favorite eye shadows that I have ever owned. This duo is what I wear every day and build from there. Sometimes I add different colors, sometimes not. I can make this work for whatever the occassion calls for. It can be worn as a no make up look, or played up for something more dramatic. I even use the brown to fill in my very sparse eyebrows. It is perfection in a compact. For reference, I'm a MAC NC35, brown eyes, brown hair. I would give this 100 lippies if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2006 8:45:00 AM More reviews by anamarta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very natural, matte look. The NARS site describes this as “cream and caramel” and it’s a very good description. The texture is very soft. Although it looks great for an everyday look when you don’t have much time to search for the perfect pairing, it’s not an unique colour so I won’t repurchase it. It retails for £23 in the UK.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bett

The colors look boring in the compact, but on me they look very neutral and very pretty on. I thought they wouldn't show up so much since I am a MMM warm toned (almost DDD in the summer with a tan). It's my favorite eyeshadow compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2006 2:43:00 AM More reviews by product_princess

I absolutely love this compact - it works for everyone as a gorgeous, natural everyday color. So neutral that it doesn't look over-made-up, even when you apply it heavier. I wear it out and with my sweats. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by 7Out7

I love Nars duos and have many of them. I bought this because shades of cream and brown always work well for me and no matter how many I have I always want more. I figured this would be a good one to have for days I wanted eye shadow that was muted and not over the top. The colors in this one are sort of boring as others have said. I also need to add a darker brown in the crease since I usually do a three color design. Just using these two are not enough pow for me, even for the quieter makeup applications. Sometimes I run a brush dipped in the Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmerbrick over the whole thing because the colors really are very matte. I don't reach for this as often as I thought I would and don't predict I would repurchase this either, in the unlikely event I ever use it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love neutral eye shadows. This is a great duo when you are doing shimmer elsewhere on your face and don't want to overdo it. The colors are a creamy beige (a slightly deeper and matte version of Edie) and a light caramel color. They are matte but the texture is smooth with no chalkiness; lasts all day on me. This is one of those "no-brainer" duos for days when you want to look polished but don't want work hard at it. For reference, I'm a cool-toned LLL w/blue eyes.