September 2, 2014 | 2197 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ArtisticGypsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best foundation on the market! I've been wearing this for years. I use Clair 30, as I live in the tropics and this blends great with my tanned skin. All my friends ask me why I always look so perfect and it's the Renergie Lift Make up! I've also tried the Absolue BX, but for me it seems to settle in the lines around my lips, wherein the Renergie does not. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by fourtyandfabulous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I believe this foundation made me look 10 years older! I must agree with some of the previous reviews, that this foundation emphasized the lines on my face, even though for my age, I have few. I found the formula not to be "lifting" but actually "tightening". This tightening effect was actually drying, with really dried out my under eye area. I do have dry, sensitive skin, although I did use a moisturizer underneath. Lancome recommends this foundation for normal-dry skin, but the denatured alcohol in the product, even though listed further down on the list, won't do justice for this type of skin. Maybe my skin is just too dry. I did like the shade which was NC20, which toned down my pink cheeks. Too bad the colour didn't outweigh the way in which it appeared on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by winniepup

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I checked the reviews for 56+ and saw that every one of the reviews was a 5. This stuff is great -- I wear it every day. I never wound up wearing any of the other foundations I had purchased before. I like the pump bottle because the amount is perfect. It's very expensive but I bought it at the Lancome outlet store and saved almost $10.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great foundation from Lancome, though I'm not quite as impressed with it as I am with Teint Miracle. It doesn't go on quite as smooth, the lightest shade is darker, and it doesn't hold up as well. It does provide good coverage, and with a bit more time spent buffing it in looks great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This fdtn is smooth as silk (silicones), med coverage, moisturizing and though it does not life anything it does not settle into fine lines at all. For med. coverage that is really rare, what with powder over it, etc. I have been using this on and off for over 5 years and always come back to it. As compared to Lancome Teint Idole and the Photo foundation, the colors are much better in this fdtn. I use Clarir II, NC20. The other Lancome fdtns have only warm or cool, nothing neutral, let alone cool neutral or warm neutral.
You will like this if you are over 30 and have normal to dry skin. As per above, colors are really excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lisa4gail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is fantastic foundation and I have used it for years. Every now and then I try something less expensive and I always go back to this one. My skin is dry and this has a slightly dewy finish. It is concentrated and I apply it with a foundation brush. I wear it every day and go through about ~1 yearly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by shadowrider

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review for MA. I originally purchased this a few years ago, loved the product. Easy to apply, good coverage for my skin, no break-outs and it lasts through a busy day. Recently I ran out, and thought to get a drugstore brand to save $$. Well I thought L'Oreal would be similar, as they are both owned by the same company- I was so wrong. Seems like all, if not most, of the drugstore foundations contain mica or sparkles these days. Why O why? It looks terrible in daylight for older or younger women. Sparkles in a foundation just defeat the purpose of trying to create the look of naturally even, smooth skin. Tried Revlon DNA foundation- even worse, more sparkles than the L'Oreal! So I will bite the bullet and spring for the $42 (us) for a new bottle in 30-clair. The sales woman, did clue me in that the free gift promo starts at the end of Jan, she gave me a little bottle of sample size in my color to hold me over til the sale. How nice was that? For good customer service, I would pay extra, and even buy a new product from her too. The only downside, is the pump dispenser- it puts out a bit too much,and you have to be carefully to only give it a very little squeeze- a little goes a long way. I also use a damp sponge after applying with my fingers to smooth out the finish= perfect every time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by zhopez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I’m picking up another on Monday. I bought my first bottle of Renergie Lift around 2006ish and have probably bought four more since. Each time I finish a bottle, I try something new but I keep returning to this foundation. Fortunately, I treat my man better than my makeup because I am hard to please, and easily distracted by something shiny and new with pie-in-the sky promises. Yes, this stuff is pretty spendy but still cheaper than wasting $$ on the latest, greatest just to end up tossing it. (I really am trying to quit. Is there a Cosmetics Anonymous??)

Pros:
1. Good, buildable, natural looking coverage. Originally, I bought this b/c I wanted something hydrating with good coverage. I wore it for a week, decided it looked too heavy and waxy and was prepared to return it when someone suggested that I take a damp sponge and blot it a bit after applying it and voila!

2. The color works great for me. I've got very fair but warm skin and have a hard time finding something that is light enough without looking too pink or too yellow.

3. Lasting. I put it on around 7am, lift weights hard for an hr. with the guys at noon, and unless my hair is beyond repair, I can usually do a quick birdbath, wave the dryer at my hair for a few minutes, then a very light face touch-up. (With this foundation, Blinc mascara, and a multi-purpose cheek/lip product, I can get out of the locker room in 15 mins looking not too much the worse for wear.)

Cons: --No deal breakers here--
1. Pump dispenser is tricky. I like the idea, but trying to get just a smidge without wasting requires removing the top to pour out a dab. Hard to do at a stop light, you know?
2. Relatively expensive. (until you see the discard pile under the sink)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has light coverage, and is moisturizing, however it's not for the acne-prone. Broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading a random post on the boards here, in which someone recommended this. Wow! This may be my HG foundation! I have dry skin with rosacea red cheeks (pink nose & chin), a few relatively light wrinkles, a number of age spots (i am over 60, after all).
I tested everything from Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm for Dry Skin (yuck! didn't feel moisturizing, no color match, & made my eyes burn) to MAC Studio Fix (ok color but made me look like a dried out wrinkled mummy) to Chanel and to pretty much every other even vaguely moisturizing brand carried at Sephora.
This stuff feels so good! It is creamy and moisturizing - it's clearly meant for older users, after all. It covers smoothly and evenly, giving excellent medium coverage, and i can build it up a little over age spots (tho i use a concealer over the darkest patches).
I actually found a color (porcelain 20C) that looks natural and is my skin tone, which has been quite difficult, since i'm neither really pink nor yellow. I have no trouble controlling the pump to get very small amounts out at a time. Unlike so many others i tested, after hours of wear my skin still looks smooth and dewy and feels good, and it does not emphasize any of my rather minimal lines. And on me it works well even without a primer (altho i usually use one)!
I can't complain about the price because before this i had not found any foundation that looks and feels so good for any amount. I actually look forward to putting this on! I almost want to reach for it instead of my moisturizer it feels so nice.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No