Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Not Just Nudes

3.9

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Magnesium Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxylated Lanolin, Polycyclopentadiene, Silica Silylate, Isododecane, Nylon 12, Pentahyrdosqualene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Silica, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax) (Candelilla Wax), Phenyltrimethicone, Polyethylene, BHT, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have to say i am a huge fan of cream shadows and the Revlon Creme Shadow quads are one of my favorite products from the drugstore esp since you get four cream shadows and tons of options.. Not Just Nudes is def a must have if you are a fan of cream shadows or want to try using these as a base....
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Revlon Creme Illuminance Quads can be found wherever your Revlon cosmetics are found. Ive seen them in most drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid as well as both Walmart & Target. I have also seen them online in different sites. The price will vary depending on your location as well as where you purchase them. Obviously, getting them on sale/discount/coupons is best. The price is typically around $5-7. I have purchased mine for less than $4 though. i always wait for a good sale! But different quads may not be available in certain places & i have seen vary few Limited Edition quads released which i couldnt ever find in my local stores.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
On to the most important part, Not Just Nudes is a MUST have in any girls makeup collection. Why you ask? I think you get 4 very basic but much needed cream shadows. Whats great is that they are mattes & metallic/shimmer finishes. Not Just Nudes contains four basic but beautiful nudes that can be worn by anyone- alone or as a cream base for your other shadows.
From left to right (mirror on top when looking)
1st shadow- this is a great basic milk chocolate brown that does have somewhat of a metallic finish to it. Its a deepend bronze brown that is great for defining the outer v or lining the lash line when using light wash of shadow. Its also great for creating a brown smoky eye.
2nd shadow- this is my Favorite of them all probably bc i dont see many matte cream shadows like this ever. This is a mid tone MATTE brown. reminds me of the shadow in the WNW Vanity palette. Its great for using all over for brown smoky look or running a slight layer on the crease outer v area. Such a unique & gorgeous shadow. Love it!
3rd shadow- this is another beautiful color, its a toasted champagne shadow. this is a great color for all over the lid alone or paired w/ any shadow esp earthy tones. this shadow does have a metallic finish.
4th shadow- this is a great basic white champagne skintone cream shadow that is more matte. This is great for many things. can use this to top ANY shadow, this is great for all over wash on the lid to brighten the lid, this can also be great as a thin layer on brow bone for a matte natural highlight.
So all four shadows are beautiful! I love using these as cream bases for my powder shadows to cling to. Meaning, these will help your less pigmented or powdery shadows work a little better. I always use an eye primer (mainly Elf eyelid primer) then i use very thin layer of these & than top them with shadows. They key is using a primer & using thin layers. The more you place on your lid, the more likely they will be to crease esp if you have oily lids. Then these need to be set with a powder since they do have somewhat of a cream to powder finish (they have been updating these with a better formula) But if you want these to stay put for longer or have little creasing i def suggests to use a thin layer of powder whether it be your face powder or a powder shadow. I also suggests priming your lids, letting that sit in then using a dusting of face powder on lids & letting that set and then using these (if you have oily lids) this will def help. I have normal lids so i can wear these w/ primer & a dusting a powder. These will stay put for over 7-8 hrs without hardly any fading or creasing if used correctly! I love these. Esp paired w/ my powder shadows. These allow my powder shadows to show up more vividly & be more pigmented as well as allow them to last longer! These help pick up differnt undertones to shadows & bring out different colors.
Not Just Nudes is a great quad with four neutrals that can be used on a daily basis. Its one of my most used makeup products and will def continue to use!
=PACKAGING=
The Revlon Creme Illuminance Quads come in a rectangular black compact with Revlon logo & 4 see thru pop up windows that allow you to see the different shadows inside (this is actually where the shadows are inside). On the back is a logo/label information as well as shade name on the top corner. Then inside- you get four circular pans of cream shadows. There is also a mirror on the back panel that is actually very nice & ive used when i was in a pinch & needed one. There isnt a great deal of product but enough for the price. I wish they would make them a tad bigger for the cost though. The compact is slim and compact and is great to slip in your bag or purse if needed. The plastic is sturdy and i havent had any damage done to mine. I think its simple and classic & sturdy.
Overall, NOT JUST NUDES is an amazing quad of neutral tone cream shadows that i adore and love! esp since there is two matte shadows- there isnt many if not none at the drugstore. I use this quad alot and def recommend to anyone looking for cream shadows to use alone or as bases! I love this quad and will most def repurchase over and over. I havent hit pan on any four but know i will soon! i love all four shadows and will def rebuy when i run out!

on 4/8/2012 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

once applied the colors are not that pigmented, but easy to blend. they do crease on their own. these shadows are really creamy. so sad theyre not long lasting. they have a slight shimmer in it. u

on 3/13/2012 12:59:00 AM

this is a must have product for me. first of all, i never really use eye shadow because i think it often looks unnatural and i never have the time to apply it. but this palette has become so necessary for me. I use the two lightest colors just about every day--they are absolutely gorgeous, natural looking, and make my eyes look more awake and vibrant. it is so easy and fast to apply the colors--you just need to use a finger. the colors do, however, crease--but when i set with a powder shadow, it seems to stay on longer. i'm sure a primer would work, too, though i haven't tried that because i don't own one. the packaging is really great because you can fit this into your bag without taking up too much space. i highly, highly highly recommend this product and would repurchase it again and again.

on 2/28/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sorry but these smudge like crazy on me as do all Illuminance shadows, and have absolutely no staying power. Just makes a horrible mess even combined with a primer and powder eyeliner, melts into my eyeliner and then melts into the lashline. Shame as they are lovely shades.

on 2/14/2012 2:34:00 AM

I really like this quadrant. Irs really grown on me, and its something that I use everyday. A big reason is because of the colors.. I love the pretty. Warm browns!they give my eyes a warm blow...unlike other brown/taupe eyeshadows that look a bit ashy. Very blendable, and they don't crease or fade at all for me and I love that. Plus, the packaging is so cute. My only complaint is that they drqy up really fast
I stopped.using them for a while, and they become really dry, and it took a few uses before they were soft and creamy again.

This is the first cream shadow I've purchased, but not the first one I've tried. I personally love cream shadows and this one suits my needs. The colors are neutral, but not dull. They're not all dried out and come in sturdy, sleek packaging. The colors have nice pigmentation and a nice pearlescent finish overall. There is one matte color, two shimmery-pearl colors, and one very lightly shimmery color. When using a primer, a translucent powder over it, and a setting spray (I use E.L.F's Mist and Set which works amazingly well!) this does not crease at all and it has stayed on for at least eight hours so far with no fading either.

on 11/5/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice slim packaging, very portable, can fit in a small clutch. This is my first cream eyeshadow, and I am completely sold on it! Can apply with just my finger, so no fuss. I love all the different colours, they really work well together to produce a nice brown smoky eye. Would definitely repurchase!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This product is really nice and does its job well enough for me. It makes a good base and doesn't crease when I wear powder shadows over it. Part of my everyday routine now.

on 7/26/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

These work pretty well as a shadow base. Pretty good alternative to paint pots imo. The price isn't bad, I believe I paid between 4 and 6$ for this quad. I haven't had creasing problems if I wear a shadow over them, but if I wear them alone they do crease.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this - great for college students who are on a stringent budget! They have the most gorgeous colors, and are incredibly easy to blend with only your fingers. (That saves money on brushes, too!) I would suggest a primer underneath, but personally, I haven't experienced too much creasing myself. The consistency is very buttery and creamy, which I love. My only problem with this quad is that it fades after, like, 5 hours? I also can't decide whether or not I like how sheer it appears on the eyelids. Sometimes I like that, because it looks much more natural, but sometimes I get frustrated packing on layer after layer of color so it can pop more.
But I would DEFINITELY buy these again! I'm thinking of going out to buy some more colors right now!
I have: khaki suede, not just nudes, and moonlit jewels. I love all three so much <3