Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/21/2015 8:04:00 PM

This product was the worst for my skin. To me, the name "Purity" implies that the product should be simple and a good option for sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin, that responds negatively to artificial fragrance. I was excited, because I saw that this was fragrance-free. I used this product for the first time at night and immediately my skin became red and irritated. It felt uncomfortable for about an hour after washing it. I woke up the next morning and my skin looked so drab and unhealthy. I tried it two more times after that with the same results. Although, the name implies purity, I think this product is far from it. Needless to say, it went back to Sephora.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have had acne for ever and tried a lot of products in the past past, but when I tried this my skin immediately looked ten times better by morning! I highly recommend this product!

I agree with the reviewer below me, I can not for the life of me figure out why people like this stuff. I do hate one other worse the neutrogena but that's because of the loud smell. This does not make my face feel clean even using it with my clarisonic. I totally dislike everything about it so thankfully I have a free sample bottle and didn't pay for it.

on 2/16/2015 1:14:00 PM

I do not understand what the hype is. I do not like anything about this cleanser; not the smell, not the texture, not the way it feels in my skin, and definitely not the way it performs. It is so light and watery, there is hardly anything to massage over my skin to cleanse. Is it because it "melts" into skin? Well, I don't care for this - I'd rather it just sit on my skin. It actually has an irritating or stinging sensation - slight, but definitely there. Plus, every time i rinse my face, some seeps or gets into my mouth, it leaves this horrible yucky taste that takes forever to go away. Other cleanses do not do that. It's not like I leave my mouth open while rinsing, so I don't get how I always end up getting a taste of it. I cannot remember hating a product so much. If I could, I would give this product zero stars. I cringe every time I use it, trying to use it up. Overpriced, useless, product.

on 2/13/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This cleanser is great for removing makeup! I don't like to use this as an everyday cleanser because it breaks me out. I only use this when I wear makeup; I take off makeup with makeup remover wipes, then use this to take off makeup thats deep in my skin, and then I go in with another cleanser to actually cleanse my skin. It smells great and it is a little pricey but it works wonderful in removing makeup!

on 2/13/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have very sensitive eyes, and I have tried SO MANY cleansers and they all made me cry, so I always come back to this one. Its great for people with very sensitive eyes like me, its the best at removing makeup, and its 3 in 1, which means its a makeup remover, face wash and toner all in one product, that's why many people say they felt their skin a little dry, because you don't need toner with this product, its really really good as a product! Ohh and one 8 oz bottle last almost 5 months! I tried the Purpose face wash and its good but I felt like it didnt clean deep, and it didn't remove my makeup at all. I tried the Olay cleanser and it made me cry A LOT! The only thing I don't like about the Purity is the packaging, is not great for traveling, but other than that I love it. Another thing I don't like about this product its that its a little pricey for a cleanser, but it is a good product.

on 2/12/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is not good for my sensitive acne prone skin. Just 2days after i change my cleanser routine to this my skin got quite red and whiteheads around my nose. And in the morning when i do my makeup ad usual, it stings when i put on my skin79 bb cream on the reddish area which was never happen before i change my routine.
Really dissappointed. Any cleanser have never been this harsh to my skin ;((

on 2/12/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this and HIAJ to test out philosophy products. I liked this at first but I found it was making my skin dry and weird, and its usually normal to combo so I stopped using this. It's also expensive so I don't think it's worth repurchasing.

on 2/8/2015 4:24:00 PM

I wanted to love this product so much but it's really dried out my skin. I like the smell and texture maybe it's not appropriate for winter months? If your thinking about buying this I would buy the $10 little bottle first if you don't like it u can always use it as a makeup brush cleanser.

on 2/7/2015 9:04:00 PM

I first got a sample of this when I was looking for a new cleasner, and I was pleasantly surprised, so I bought the largest size they make. I usually don't go for non-foaming cleansers, since I don't feel they clean thoroughly, but the result after washing was clean and without the drying and tightness of some cleansers. It has kind of a bland scent, I don't mind it, but some people might.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. I think a pump would be a lot easier to use, especially for using in the morning and when the product starts to run out.