October 24, 2014 | 1602 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Productjunky123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. What attracted me to it was the bottle, it looked very clean and simple. But my face did not like it at ALL! I'm usually oily but not as oily as this face wash has made me, it literally looked like I dipped my face in baby oil throughout the day. Also I only break out with a few bumps on my check during my period and I kid you not my face looks like a teenage boy. I'm broken out everywhere on my face, not just small pimples but huge bumps right beside each other all over my face. I am embarrassed to even go around people I know because I've never been broken out this bad. Save your money. I've already switched back to my Cetaphil cleanser for acne prone skin with no oil. And I also noticed in the ingredients for purity they have several different oils in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by annap888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I absolutely love this product, it is extremely pricey! I cannot see myself repurchasing this as soon as it runs out. Possibly later on when I start to miss it.

The texture is perfect, very creamy. The scent reminds me of something medicinal but I do not mind that at all. I would rather that than something fruity or too perfumed.

Overall I will repurchase once I start to miss it - but not without hesitation, the price is ridiculous for a cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG until eventually my skin just didn't feel good anymore after using it. So I went online to check reviews and found out that it has some bad ingredients which is really unfortunate. This worked really well at removing my Revlon Colorstay foundation but it definitely dried my skin.

I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing wash now and it's so much better and way more affordable. Definitely not going to repurchase this Philosophy facewash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought this, hoping for a 1 step face cleaning and waterproof mascara removing product. Yes, it cleaned my face, but it left a lot of mascara behind on my lashes. I even did it a second time, and let it set for about a minute or so before wiping it away and my lashes still had mascara on them. It's a fine basic cleanser, however I still need a good eye makeup remover to remove my mascara and this is too expensive for it not to live up to the hype and my expectations. It didn't break me out, so there is at least that.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I received 8oz of this cleanser with my Clarisonic. I didn't try it, however, until I saw a Philosophy show on QVC. This particular product was advertised as a "gentle" cleanser that "won't strip your skin." Ha! I tried it one time and then gave it away. It left my skin way too dry, tight, and stripped feeling for me to give it a second chance. I didn't even like the scent - it had an herbal-y smell that reminded me of bug spray. The texture was the only decent thing about this product...it was just the right consistency to use with my Clarisonic brush. I'm glad I didn't shell out the $ to buy this myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by wishesonastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on and off with this face wash for many years. I have many girlfriends who swears by this product. I like that it gives a nice lather but doesn't do anything different than my Olay foaming face wash I buy during the 'off' period for less than a 1/4 of the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm torn between loving and hating this face wash. I received this face wash as a present and would never have bought it since it is so expensive and it is not a cruelty free brand. However, I do not like to waste anything so I ended up using this face wash and I have a lot of good things to say about it: it smells nice, it takes all the makeup off my face, when I use it with my clarisonic my skin cleared up and I didn't have any breakouts while using this product, it is gentle on the eyes, and I love the creamy non foamy texture. BUT there are some things I don't like about this product: it is NOT A CRUELTY FREE BRAND, there are sulfates and chemicals, there is yellow dye and the packaging sucks...it would be so much better to have a pump especially for the price you're paying. All in all I'd feel so guilty purchasing a cruelty product BUT it did clear up my skin and kept my skin clear so if someone else bought it for me id definitely accept the offer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've heard a lot of good things about this cleanser and after reading a magazine article on it I decided to give it a go. After a few week or more of using it I've formed my opinion.

What I Like:
-smells very nice! smells like lemons.
-foams up so nicely, a little goes a long way.
-it doesn't make my face feel tight or dry, makes my face feels very soft and moisturized.
-really did seem to get my face very clean. left no residue.

What I Don't Like:
-after about a week of use I started getting very painful cystic breakouts. Three in the cheek area, two on my eyebrows, one of my chin and even one on my nose. They're taking a lot of time to clear up :( I know this is what did it because it's the only thing I've changed in my routine and my diet habits are very healthy.
-after seeing the ingredients I'm embarrassed that I ever bough this stuff. It's full of parabens and sulfates and even contains A YELLOW COLOR DYE IN IT. REALLY?! Why does there need to be a color dye in a face wash? Frankly, it's a soap full of junk. No wonder I broke out.
-the price is also a little high. Ranges from 23 to 52 dollars depending on the size. Not spending that much money on something that's full of gross chemicals.

All in all, I'm very disappointed. It seemed like a nice cleanser at first but over time it really upset my skin and I'm still trying to get rid of some of these blemishes. I learned my lesson. READ THE INGREDIENTS before you spend your money please. There are lots of other cheaper options out there that don't have such strange ingredients. Don't end up like me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by calles2

This is another product I bought based on so many great reviews. I hated it! It made my skin oily and dull. I also do not like the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin and this brought me out in a red rash across my cheeks therefore I wouldn't buy this again. However my skin was very soft and moisturised after using and I would recommend this if you had dry skin which was not sensitive. I didn't like the smell though, smells a bit like insect repellent!