Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 3/11/2015 9:18:00 AM

This is my favorite cleanser of all time. I first received this as a sample from Sephora. I ended up liking it so much that I went and bought the full size. I use this morning and night. It makes my skin feel so soft and clean afterwards. Overall, I've seen improvement in my skin since using this cleanser. Most other cleansers I've used made my skin feel tight and and a bit red afterwards, but this doesn't at all. I'm so glad I came across this cleanser. My skin loves it.

on 3/6/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't mean to sound over-dramatic, but this has changed my life. I have suffered from acne ever since I was 11. Most cleansers, makeup, or even the weather broke me out. Although 3 cycles of accutane had calmed my skin down and I no longer suffer from painful cysts, I was ALWAYS getting zits. Unfortunately I also have the penchant to pop them.

When I first started using this 7 months ago, I was really impressed by how it managed to wash off all my makeup. I typically use my facial cleansers twice in the shower - first, to remove my makeup, then a second time to cleanse my skin. Most cleansers dried out my skin and I suffered from terrible breakouts because of that. But not with this! However, my pores get clogged waaaay too easily and this doesn't really help with that. I have to exfoliate my face daily, because it gets bumpy THAT quick. I am currently using the Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion with this, and then I moisturize afterwards with Hope In A Jar. My skin has never looked so flawless. I thought that I would never experience clear skin again without being dependent on accutane.

The packaging isn't really travel-friendly and I often end up wasting a lot of product no matter how I try to seal the bottle whenever I travel. It is also a tad pricey, but with all that I have gone through to get clear skin, I find that this is a fairly small price to pay.

I will keep buying this product for as long as I can find it. I am also keen on using this together with the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash.

on 2/25/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gets all my makeup off gently and that's all I need from a cleanser. So gentle you can get it in your eyes and it doesn't hurt at all. I used a neutrogena wipe afterward to see how much makeup was left behind and there was no residue. If I'm lazy I'll use just the wipe, but washing my face is better overall. Have to moisturize afterward, but I need to do that no matter what I use.

on 2/23/2015 11:25:00 PM

My favourite cleanser for now, but I'm still looking to find something better because this isn't my holy grail. It's a great cleanser and it does what it's suppose to but I don't find it amazing. I like the scent of it and I've gone through two bottles now and I have 2 as backup that I purchased on sale so I'll probably still continue to use it. It has a nice scent and I love the texture.

on 2/22/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite cleansers that I've come across that isn't a cleansing oil. I have severely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic illness and can't use a lot of products due to the fact they cause severe reactions. This is one of the few cleansers that causes no stinging, burning, rashes, dryness, or rashes. On top of that, it gets rid of makeup really well. You do have to work for a little bit at mascara and I think you'd have to work even longer at waterproof mascara, but it gets it completely off. It leaves your skin feeling clean without feeling stripped. There is not a lot of lather to this product, if any, but it's a myth that lather is necessary for cleansing so that doesn't matter. I would recommend it to all skin types, but especially those with sensitive skin. Take it from me, I have the type of skin where sometimes water burns when my dry patches get too bad. This is awesome and until I find something better, I'll keep using it.

on 2/21/2015 10:11:00 PM

Yes, I would buy this again. With combo skin, I have this in my shower and on my bathroom sink. If you don't have a lot of a makeup on a quick wash is fine. If I want a deeper clean due to more makeup, I'lll let it sit on the face for the full 30 to 60 seconds. A salesperson also suggested using to wash your makeup brushes--it works! Best price is at QVC (although why QVC won't just give you free shipping like everyone else is beyond me!)

on 2/21/2015 8:04:00 PM

This product was the worst for my skin. To me, the name "Purity" implies that the product should be simple and a good option for sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin, that responds negatively to artificial fragrance. I was excited, because I saw that this was fragrance-free. I used this product for the first time at night and immediately my skin became red and irritated. It felt uncomfortable for about an hour after washing it. I woke up the next morning and my skin looked so drab and unhealthy. I tried it two more times after that with the same results. Although, the name implies purity, I think this product is far from it. Needless to say, it went back to Sephora.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have had acne for ever and tried a lot of products in the past past, but when I tried this my skin immediately looked ten times better by morning! I highly recommend this product!

I agree with the reviewer below me, I can not for the life of me figure out why people like this stuff. I do hate one other worse the neutrogena but that's because of the loud smell. This does not make my face feel clean even using it with my clarisonic. I totally dislike everything about it so thankfully I have a free sample bottle and didn't pay for it.

on 2/16/2015 1:14:00 PM

I do not understand what the hype is. I do not like anything about this cleanser; not the smell, not the texture, not the way it feels in my skin, and definitely not the way it performs. It is so light and watery, there is hardly anything to massage over my skin to cleanse. Is it because it "melts" into skin? Well, I don't care for this - I'd rather it just sit on my skin. It actually has an irritating or stinging sensation - slight, but definitely there. Plus, every time i rinse my face, some seeps or gets into my mouth, it leaves this horrible yucky taste that takes forever to go away. Other cleanses do not do that. It's not like I leave my mouth open while rinsing, so I don't get how I always end up getting a taste of it. I cannot remember hating a product so much. If I could, I would give this product zero stars. I cringe every time I use it, trying to use it up. Overpriced, useless, product.