August 31, 2014 | 982 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Evening Primrose Overnight Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff is the best moisturizer for my face that i have yet found. it is thick, however, i don't find it greasy - for me it sinks in almost immediately. i usually use it on a warm moist face, and sometimes i add a few drops of the repair serum and rub it together. actually, since the first night when i used this it has improved the smoothness and plumpness of my skin by the morning consistently. i actually feel like my whole face looks younger - and it really, really plumps and smooths your lips too! it you are my age - 47 - try this for your fine lines - you will be amazed! also, i am intrigued by the smell. UPDATE: actually i think that the serum works better for me in the long run... i'm not sure why - maybe it is just easier to use? especially if i use the citrus scrub first - then it just sinks in immediately. sometimes i still use this on my lips or in the corners of my eyes where i am starting to get lines...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by nadi1010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I have FINALLY found my HG lip balm! Ladies, I have really dry, sensitive skin, and during the winter, it used to be a nightmare to keep my skin from being constantly irritated and my lips from being ridiculously chapped and dry. My skin conditions have improved with taking tons of vitamins and using natural body lotions, but this has completely CURED my lips!!! Seriously, i just apply once in the morning, and it pretty much lasts the whole day-I only need to use lip balm every so often. Sometimes, if my face is red and irritated during the winter, I'll use this on my face at night, and I wake up and my face is glowing!! That said, I'm not a fan of going to bed feeling sticky, and it is too heavy during the summer. But wow, this stuff has transformed my lips-I SWEAR they have gotten bigger, plumper, and just beautiful looking! Even though I still have a quarter of a jar left, I am going to buy more JUST IN CASE I run out soon-that's how much I love this stuff!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by cinnamoroll0913

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream long time ago but did not like it after used it for few times. (that's when I was living in texas). After moving to Ohio, I have to say that I would not go out without using this cream. I use this in the morning and at night. The weather here is extremely cold, dry, and windy, so this waxy texture of this product actually help prevent my skin from drying up. At first, I have to say that I hated the heavy waxy texture. it made me feel like my skin just couldn't breathe. Then, I found out the correct way to use this creme is to mix it with water. Here is what I do: wash face -> pat dry face --> keep my hands wet then get a little amount of creme and mix it in my palms --> then apply to face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rockingmom

I received this in the face kit and while it is heavy for my oily/acne prone skin, I do love the way it makes my face feel when I wakeup in the mornings. It has really helped improve my skin these days, especially since it is much cooler outside.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2007 2:47:00 AM More reviews by aznmistyblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it does plump my lips but it is too greasy for me, maybe i dont like its smell and its texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2006 5:52:00 AM More reviews by bobella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

okay, i just got this stuff in a sample kit. i read the reviews here while i tried the stuff. felt very greasy and smells pretty grodey. then i came upon mentions of it plumping lips. so here's what i did..

i scooped half of it out of the little tiny container, added 2 drops lavendar oil. a few drops of weleda seabuckthorn oil, and.. some very dark burt's bees shimmers stuff i've had for a year and never use because it's way too dark and thick. i mixed it all up, and the colour is a gorgeous, earthy tone, just slightly darker than my natural lip colour, and IT PLUMPS MY LIPS!! a LOT!

so this trial size is a perfect lip balm pot, and i will continue to concoct and use this, probably forever!! oh, it is also very water resistent and lasts a looong while on your lips!

EDIT:
well, it smells pretty gross with the lavendar. i should have used orange i think. that would have blended well with the original icky smell and covered it up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like many others, I bought this with the healthy skin sample pack. I love the cute little pot, it looks gorgeous on my dressing table, but I'm not a huge fan of the contents. When I use this, I do feel like I'm feeding my skin with pure, natural goodness, but it's sooo heavy. I think this would be great for dry, mature skin, but for my combo late-twenties complexion, I'm too scared of pore clogging to use this more than once or twice a week Not one to use when you have company either, unless they find the ultra greasy look attractive!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by hartmanm18

I followed the advice of some of the MUAers below and use this as a lip balm. My lips look fabulous!!!! Smooth, soft, supple, and plumped!! It makes them look so pretty, sometimes I skip wearing lipstick. You only need the tiniest amount, so the sample jar will last FOREVER! Another winner from Burts Bees!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by giobabie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was pretty thick. This would work really well for someone w/dry patches. It definitely works....just a bit to heavy for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 12:38:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I also got this in a sample pack that I originally bought to try the rosehip oil around my eyes. I've used it a few times, (no clogged pores) but I HATE the smell. It reminds me of childhood, where cloying honeysuckles grew near our swingset, and would get dusty from the sand being kicked around, and it smelled just like this! I use it on my cuticles instead, with great results. I've banished it to my desk drawer for emergency purposes only. Would not repurchase.