August 23, 2014 | 935 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

Yay, AHA! This does a good job of doing some moderate exfoliation without any irritation. It doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts, and helps to even my skin tone and texture and keep my skin clear. It's fairly priced for an effective AHA product. I can use it everyday if I wanted without irritation, but I tend to use it every second day (not after manually exfoliating during shower). I don't need another moisturizer on top either, unless I am going outside and need some spf.

Definitely check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great AHA for me. I've noticed a big difference in my face, overall clearer and the *11's* between my eyebrows are less pronounced. I've never had a problem with it stinging, or the scent. I use it 2x a day, morning and night. I also really like to use it on my feet at night...apply it, then a heavy lotion. Put some socks on, feet are baby soft in the morning. It's around $13 at Walgreens I think, kind of expensive by drugstore standards, but for all the more you need it lasts awhile and is well worth it. It's also great to mix a tiny bit with cuticle remover! For as great and multi purpose as this is, I can't wait to try some of their other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this while on vacation this summer. It is really hard to find an AHA or BHA that has a pH and amount of keratolyctic solution together that works. I have tried 2 similar products by Olay that had these defects.
The lotion is 6 fl oz, so it should last a reasonably long time.This also does not have amy fragrance which is a plus.
I wish they had added some more beneficial ingredients in here (like antioxidants). If you are looking for something with a little more 'oomph' the AHA souffle by the same company is slightly better than this. This has 10% glycolic acid that is a little high , so if you have sensitive skin beware, and as always you must wear a sunscreen with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I've been using Retin-A daily for years and still have some dark spots from acne that haven't faded to my liking. A friend suggested I add an AHA product. I've been using this for about a week and am very pleased with the results.

After about a week, I think my dark spots are lighter, but it could be my imagination (I don't believe anything can work so efficiently in just seven days! But maybe I'm wrong.) My skin is definitely noticeably brighter, though, which makes this product worth it. I apply this anywhere I need to--neck and decolletage for anti-aging and to my back to fade old acne marks.

I think it's important to point out that my skin is EXTREMELY tolerant of retinoids and I'm assuming that that tolerance applies to AHAs as well (I haven't experienced any initial breakouts or irritation with this product.) Unless your skin is really up to it, I STRONGLY advise against using this or any other AHA with retin-A or any OTC product containing retinol. AHAs and retinols can cause redness, peeling, sun sensitivity, irritation and discomfort until skin "gets used" to them. Also, make sure you use sunscreen while using this!

LASTLY, this product cost me ten or fifteen bucks, I can't remember exactly. I saw it at TJ Maxx the other day for $8. Compared to other brands, this is a STEAL! The bottle will last a few months at least and I will definitely repurchase when I run out. I'm very glad I decided to try this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I sooo wanted to love this but it's just not working out for me. The entire first 2 weeks of me using this was what I assume was the "purge" although I'm not entirely sure if that's what it was. I broke out all over the place at different times, in places I haven't had a pimple since I was a teen, with the kind of pimples I haven't had since I was a teen. 4 of them left hyperpigmentation which I now have to cover up with concealer or else I look like a spot-face. After the 2 weeks were over, my skin did look clearer, smooth, and lighter. But every couple of days I would break out with another 1 or 2 major pimples. They're the ugly kind. I can't deal with that anymore. And I'm not seeing results that would make me deal with the break outs. Also, I went out into the sun one time so far while using the product (the weather in my area has not been so great lately) and I tanned a lot faster than usual AND I was wearing SPF 40 at the time. So...break outs + sun-sensitivity + not so great ingredients for the skin = no more Alpha Hydrox for me. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by FearlessBarb

This is the best skin care product I have used. Great for wrinkles, acne, whatever you've got, fit this into your routine. It is an excellent exfoliator gently removing those dead skin cells that nobody likes. Excellent value too. I find it at Walgreens and Bed Bath AND Beyond. It will make your skin smoother and clearer. It does smell pretty bad but you can get past that. It's worth it. GO GET SOME!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would characterize this as giving me a crescendo burn. I would put this on before bed. It wouldn't sting too much upon the initial application. Five minutes later my face would be so uncomfortable that I had to focus on taking deep breaths and not rubbing my face. I have sensitive skin, but I've tolerated peels and Retin-A Mirco pretty well. I persisted in using this product because I though my skin would "adjust." I ended up giving myself a chemical burn/rash on my neck (from where it migrated down from my face while sleeping) and really hurting my skin. People seem to love this but my experience wasn't so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by greatskin4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

using it in combination with 10% cream. it does wonders for my skin. i highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I want to give this product a five, unfortunately it produced a rash on my face within hours of each application I've tried. After my initial use of the lotion, it took a little over a week for the rash to fully disappear. Given that I was also exposed to several allergens when I began using the lotion, I figured I'd give it another chance as I assumed the rash was my skin reacting to another irritant.

After trying the lotion again this morning, I noticed the rash again after two hours on all areas where I applied the lotion (my face, neck and decolletage). I immediately applied a hydrocortisone gel to stave off an extended reaction period, which has already begun to reduce the rash's appearance (my skin turned a slight beet-ish burgundy) and breadth (some areas already have significantly reduced inflammation).

If you're remotely unsure of whether you have sensitive skin, please initially apply this lotion to a small, non-visible area of your body which has skin similar to your face. I make this distinction as I'm going to attempt using the lotion on thicker-skinned areas such as my elbows and knees. I don't want to throw it out, as the reviews clearly indicate that the formulation is effective. It's just too strong for my sensitive facial area.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Bubblygal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was suffering from mild acne just after stopping my birth control pills. I came across this product & gave it a try.I was using this lotion along with the facial cleanser. It was making my skin dry probably cause my face became super oily resulting in clogged pores and more breakouts. Not to mention my entire face covered with small but in-numerous number of pimples/acne. I still continued the product as people say any acne product kicks in after couple of months. It was making my sensitive skin super sensitive. My acne prone area became red permanently. I could not go out without using makeup. I used this product for around 6 months with no positive sign. Finally I gave up using the product. Now I have clearer skin but acne have left loads of marks on my skin.
If your skin is sensitive I would not recommend this product..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No