August 21, 2014 | 1563 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Pure Volume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

The latest reviews on this line seem to be pretty negative, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this shampoo and conditioner. My hair looks amazing...Big and light with defined waves. I won't use it daily, as I find all volumizing stuff to be a bit drying, but it'll be rotated into my week for sure. Man, this is good.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by lilvalval

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ohhh how I hated this stuff!!! I have been looking high and low for a color safe volumizing shampoo/conditioner so I was praying this would be great....but it wasn't. It is way drying and made my hair heavy and dirty feeling...i wanted to wash my hair again by noon. Just felt sooooo gross. I have since fallen in love with Frederick Fekkai Volume shampoo/conditioner.....I have yet to find out if it is color safe, but it doesn't seem to be stripping my easily strippable dyed red hair. My advice, try FF cause this stuff sucks!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by KtKelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoops! After falling in love with this conditioner (used with the Hydrate shampoo and the Root Lift) last week and buying (thankfully) the 2 oz "trial" bottles at the end of my first visit to a new stylist, who hyped this product all through my haircut and style...I have broken out in little painful bumps on my scalp, forehead, and neck due to a sensitivity either to the silicones (most likely) in these products or another ingredient.I loved these products- the smell (!) and the way they made my hair look, and was shopping around for the best deal on the Volume Shampoo and Conditioner...SO glad I gave it a few days to test my sensitivity to the ingredients before shelling out an arm and a leg for something that would break me out like crazy. I understand the formula has been changed lately? Dang! Still looking.If you're not sensitive to the ingredients, this may be the best stuff ever...but not for me. Good Grief!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

This conditioner is really great for my long blond highlighted hair. It makes it easy to comb, doesn't build up, and smells really good. It is my favorite conditioner right now. I pair it with shampoos from other brands. I have tried it with the Pureology Volumizing shampoo, but I didn't like this shampoo much. I felt like was too thick. The conditioner on it's own is really great and I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this conditioner with the volume shampoo. I'm not sure how much volume it adds to my hair, but it does make it feel great. It is not too thick, which is great because it does not weigh my hair down. I feel like I have much healthier hair after using Pureology shampoo and conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 2:07:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPandaPSC

Very expensive. Works good. Can't really say for sure since I only tried a sample. If I decided to purchase, I definitely wouldn't look anywhere except on ebay because of the price.
UPDATE: Lowering my rating again. Used some samples of this for the second time, and it made my hair limp & stringy. I found out the shampoo has a cone in it as well as the thickening masque (2 cones) I used, and the conditioner (2-3 cones). So the result is probably from cone buildup. I thought the S&C worked well the first time I tried them, but maybe the added use of the masque has created a problem. Still, I think they are too expensive, and shouldn't have so many cones

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree that the price for this stuff is a little high, but it works and smells like heaven. I wish they would make a bigger mottle, but I will repurchase because it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by damnemperess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to hate this product so bad, because of the ungodly price for a very small amount (and I have very very long hair) but the truth is it worked pretty well for my dry damaged hair, it didn't really give me amazing volume but it conditioned my hair well without weighing it down which is hard to do for a conditioner. I'll be moving on to other products just because of the price. I use the knock off Joico K-pak from sallys and tressemme deep quench conditioner (which I'm actually having a hard time finding again, if anyone seen it let me know) and they are two very good conditioners as well. Bottom line if I'm feeling like wasting some money on a product that lasts me like 1-2 weeks for $25 then I'll go for it, if I'm feeling cheap or want something more important like....oh I don't know... food...then I'll buy the other two.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by dejr8fans

I have fine, thin hair and recently had it colored for the first time. My stylist highly recommended this line to me and I was so excited to try it as I'm a product junkie and I'm always willing to try anything new in the hopes of finally finding my HG product. Even with the expensive price, I still purchased this and the matching shampoo. However, the smell is horrible. If you like musky, men scents, then this will be perfect for you. It did nothing for my hair except weigh it down and make it look flatter. Even if it did a great job on my hair, I could not use this for the awful smell. I will never repurchase this again and the matching shampoo is even worse as it smells like an old bottle of Men's Old Spice aftershave. What were they thinking when they made these smell like this!?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Traonienn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this conditioner a lot. I only use it about once or twice a week, usually in conjunction with the Pureology Volume Shampoo. I apply it heavier at the ends, with very little nearer to my scalp. It's light enough that it doesn't weigh down my super fine hair if I don't use it too often, and it smells great.