October 1, 2014 | 1259 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by angelinhell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo felt great on my wet hair but after my hair dried, it was horribly dried out and crunchy. I will never buy another paul mitchell shampoo product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MistyRiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo can honestly be my HG!!! I have tried so many different kinds of shampoos from drugstore brands to salon brands and this is the best I have yet to top. I bought this on a whim because I like the PM Super Skinny Serum and it works fabulously. When I wash with it, it feels like my hair is getting conditioned at the same time. I have never found a shampoo that has done that before.

It doesn't lather as great as other shampoos but that's ok because that doesn't mean your hair is not getting clean. That just means there aren't a lot of sulfates in it to make the bubbles because sulfates damage your hair, but it still cleanses. When I rinse it out, my hair feels so soft like I just rinsed out conditioner. It's like you don't really need a conditioner because your hair feels so soft after the wash, but I definitely don't skimp out on a conditioner because I have really dry ends that need extra care. Which is more than I can say for the SS conditioner itself, it's crap! I tried so hard to want to like the SS conditioner because I like using sets but it was horrible and didn't leave my hair soft and sleek like the shampoo.

But this is amazing and it will leave your hair so healthy and smooth! I still have yet to find the perfect conditioner but I will always repurchase the SS shampoo because it works! Thank you Paul Mitchell for this wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by alexajc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! It makes my curly hair so much more managable! I LOVE the scent so much. The serum is awesome too.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by adriennemarie1188

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally like Paul Mitchell products, but the Super Skinny set is awful! I bought it after using it a few times at a friend's when I visited, and luckily I got the conditioner on clearance and only paid full price for the shampoo. i have wavy on top, curly underneath, thick, frizzy hair, and the first time I used it I loved it. It made my hair easier to blow-dry and straighten. However, I don't think it has nearly enough moisturizers and it never made my hair feel really clean. I normally don't have to wash my hair more than twice a week, and I could probably even go longer without my hair getting flat or greasy, but that wasn't the case with this. I felt I needed to wash every other day but my ends were very dry. After several weeks of usage my hair just didn't look as good as it normally did before, so I discontinued using. Overall, I think it could work for someone possibly with extremely thick hair that isn't damaged or doesn't require much conditioning.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jonie_k

Horrible stuff! I bought the shampoo/conditioner together, and they make my hair feel like I didn't wash the conditioner out - yuck! I've tried using this several times - using less product, rinsing more, etc. Same nasty result each time. It doesn't make my hair any smoother or faster to dry, either. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by prettyinpink88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I also can't believe the bad reviews. However, it appears alot of those bad reviews come from people with thick or coars hair. Mine is fine and naturally wavy. I was afraid I would have the same outcome but did not. I love it. Makes my hair super soft and very manageable. I also use the conditioner and the serum. Does help your hair dry a little faster. No buildup and feels it cleans very well. I was using Matrix Biolage smoothing previously but switched, mainly due to Matrix still tests on animals. Paul Micthcell does not and I've found they have some great products.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by bowbat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like another reviewer, I purchased the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Shampoo and Daily Treatment without reading reviews here first and have lived to regret it. I have thick, coarse hair, and these products managed to make it even bulkier while also leaving a sticky, gummy coating on it. I tried them twice, and made sure the second time I used less product and rinsed my hair super-super-well. No change. I also made my husband feel my hair and he, who is usually clueless about these things, said, "Your hair feels kind of... glue-y."

Product: fail. Will not buy again, will not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by anne_713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. Alot of bad reviews. I almost regretted buying it without checking here first.That was til I used it. For reference, I have fine, thin hair. It can feel dirty and I have to wash it everyday or it looks greasy by the next day. So on to the review...I thought I would give this a week to see how it does. I love the serum and I was out and sadly they didn't have any so I got this. It smells nice. Not a crazy lather but enough to feel clean. After I use Tresseme conditioner. I haven't noticed any build up or anything bad really. Maybe because I do he conditioner and rinse REALLY well. I do notice my hair looks shiny and feels smoother. All in all, I would totally buy this again. Not really interested in the conditioner cause I like what I'm using now and I really want the serum again.

Edited to add that after a few weeks, my hair started to look stringy and lifeless. I gave the rest of the bottle away. I do still use the serum on occasion though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blegh. This shampoo made my hair feel waxy and dirty. I wish I had come on MUA before purchasing to check out the reviews. I tried several times with the same nasty results. I purchased a huge bottle of this and the conditioner at a sale. My boyfriend will use just about anything on his head, so hopefully he won't have as bad of a reaction to this as I did so that the bottle won't go completely to waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by moppie2005

The Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Shampoo and Conditioner is one horrible set. After washing my hair and drying it, I was wondering why my hair felt like there was glue, wax, or grime still on my hair. Hair felt very matted, instead of soft and smooth. I thought maybe I did a bad washing job that time and just rewashed it the next day with regular drugstore shampoo. All better.

I decided to try the Paul Mitchell stuff again the next wash and gosh, the same thing happened with gluey hair. Now I definitely know it's not my bad washing job, but the product itself.

I have 2 giant bottles now just wasting storage room. Once I get fed up with it enough, I'm just going to throw it out. Complete waste of money.