September 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit November 2010: I now use Marc Anthony Moisture Gloss Drops, non-greasy, doesn't break me out, and the best part - under $10 at your local drugstore...:) I have used this product for many years, and couldn't be without it. If you have fine hair that is easily weighed down by greasy products, give this a try. I use this after straightening my hair, on my ends and face framing layers to smooth out any frizzies. You only need a very small amount, I use 2 pumps for my shouder length hair. I also use it when I want to slick my hair back into a low pontail prior to finishing with a shine spray. It is expensive - around $30 cdn. for 3.4 fl oz. or 100ml, but a little goes a long way. FYI: I have never had ANY breakouts on my scalp from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Swine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fav to use after flat ironing. It gives really nice shine, reduces flyaways & maybe a bit of frizz. I think that is its intended use. Don't expect miracles from this one. It's not gonna take you from a poofy frizz-ball to flat, smooth & silky in 1 step. But to use after flat ironing (to reduce the last bit of frizz &/or flyaways), it works nicely & it has a really nice scent. I thought this was meant to be used by those w/fine hair only, but I have thick coarse hair & it works great for me. It's very, very pricey, but it works so well & it'll last a long time so it's absolutely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. I have fine long straight hair with lots of flyaways. Any sort of smoother I have used in the past always makes my hair look greasy-no more flyaway-but greasy. This is the one and only thing that actually works and doesnt weigh my hair down. I rub 2 pumps through wet hair before I blow dry, then i use 1 pump on my dry hair for even more shiny glossy smoothness. I love this so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A definite MUST have, at least for me. I usually put it on my hair dry, after styling to make the fuzz and flyaways tame down -- and it works!! If you use the right amount, it does not make the hair look greasy - just shiny and healthy. If I don't have this in my hair, my hair is sooo flyaway! I use it probably 4 times a week but because it takes such a tiny amount ( a dot only), it lasts forever! I've had mine a year and STILL have half a bottle :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ollykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is wonderful. Makes the ends of your hair look like you just got a haircut. Smells great with a light citrus scent, and I can use it or dry or wet hair. Much better than hang straight for me, as that was a bit heavy. FYI, I have scads of fine, wavy/curly, highlighted hair. When I use this, my hair feels and looks like glass.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Hawk612

Wonderful product!

A little goes a long way, one or two pumps right before I flat iron. I am on my second bottle.

Love, love, love this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have highlighted, long fine blonde hair and this product took a professional blowout and turned it flat and lifeless within an hour. Really weighs down fine hair in my opinion, even when using just a bit. I prefer the Aveda mousse products to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by tessadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love this product! I blow dry my hair just about every other day, sometimes daily and color it regularly so it does have some dryness but is still in good condition. I always like to put something on my hair before I blow dry it to protect it and have tried many, many products! This is one of the best, if not the best I have ever used! It makes my hair super soft and really smooths flyaways! I have only used it on dry hair a couple times but prefer to use it when my hair is wet. I also love the fact that it doesn't contain alcohol because the serums I have used that contain alcohol end up drying out my hair after a few weeks. I also love that this isn't greasy either, like some other serums. It is quite pricey, though. But I've had the same bottle for just about a year now and I'm just now running out so to me it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jeannelucille

Light Elements really is light! Definitely protects my hair from blow dryer damage. It is a bit costly, but I find it lasts many months, so that's not really an issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by bacardibelly

I was given a sample of this from a friend who works for Aveda and told me it was one of their best selling products.

I can see why - it is a nice, light formula: refreshing to find a serum that isn't heavy or greasy or sticks to your hands for hours - can be used wet or dry.

Very expensive though.