April 25, 2014 | 924 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Swine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fav to use after flat ironing. It gives really nice shine, reduces flyaways & maybe a bit of frizz. I think that is its intended use. Don't expect miracles from this one. It's not gonna take you from a poofy frizz-ball to flat, smooth & silky in 1 step. But to use after flat ironing (to reduce the last bit of frizz &/or flyaways), it works nicely & it has a really nice scent. I thought this was meant to be used by those w/fine hair only, but I have thick coarse hair & it works great for me. It's very, very pricey, but it works so well & it'll last a long time so it's absolutely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. I have fine long straight hair with lots of flyaways. Any sort of smoother I have used in the past always makes my hair look greasy-no more flyaway-but greasy. This is the one and only thing that actually works and doesnt weigh my hair down. I rub 2 pumps through wet hair before I blow dry, then i use 1 pump on my dry hair for even more shiny glossy smoothness. I love this so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A definite MUST have, at least for me. I usually put it on my hair dry, after styling to make the fuzz and flyaways tame down -- and it works!! If you use the right amount, it does not make the hair look greasy - just shiny and healthy. If I don't have this in my hair, my hair is sooo flyaway! I use it probably 4 times a week but because it takes such a tiny amount ( a dot only), it lasts forever! I've had mine a year and STILL have half a bottle :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ollykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is wonderful. Makes the ends of your hair look like you just got a haircut. Smells great with a light citrus scent, and I can use it or dry or wet hair. Much better than hang straight for me, as that was a bit heavy. FYI, I have scads of fine, wavy/curly, highlighted hair. When I use this, my hair feels and looks like glass.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Hawk612

Wonderful product!

A little goes a long way, one or two pumps right before I flat iron. I am on my second bottle.

Love, love, love this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have highlighted, long fine blonde hair and this product took a professional blowout and turned it flat and lifeless within an hour. Really weighs down fine hair in my opinion, even when using just a bit. I prefer the Aveda mousse products to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by tessadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love this product! I blow dry my hair just about every other day, sometimes daily and color it regularly so it does have some dryness but is still in good condition. I always like to put something on my hair before I blow dry it to protect it and have tried many, many products! This is one of the best, if not the best I have ever used! It makes my hair super soft and really smooths flyaways! I have only used it on dry hair a couple times but prefer to use it when my hair is wet. I also love the fact that it doesn't contain alcohol because the serums I have used that contain alcohol end up drying out my hair after a few weeks. I also love that this isn't greasy either, like some other serums. It is quite pricey, though. But I've had the same bottle for just about a year now and I'm just now running out so to me it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jeannelucille

Light Elements really is light! Definitely protects my hair from blow dryer damage. It is a bit costly, but I find it lasts many months, so that's not really an issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by bacardibelly

I was given a sample of this from a friend who works for Aveda and told me it was one of their best selling products.

I can see why - it is a nice, light formula: refreshing to find a serum that isn't heavy or greasy or sticks to your hands for hours - can be used wet or dry.

Very expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by jesssala

So this is probably the billionth smoothing fluid I have bought in the past 15 years and by far the best one. While I only use two pumps on dried, flat ironed hair, I don't get the feeling that more will get the hair to greasy like others. This smells great, just like the Aveda salon. The lavender fragrance puts me to sleep at night. I must mention that I use this after using their Smooth Infusion conditioner in the shower (don't use the shampoo, that was just too much money after buying these two.) This Light Elements Smoothing Fluid leaves such a beautiful shine to my hair leaving it with great movement - like I said in my other post about the conditioner, I had a co-worker tell me --STG-- my hair looked beautiful! While I attribute that comment more so to the Smooth Infusion conditioner, I'm sure the application of this helped the look of my hair as well. I did not try this on damp hair. Only on dry hair after it was flat ironed to smooth down and get it glossy.