December 20, 2014 | 1144 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Coco takes a while to get used to if you are not used to heavier perfumes. It is heavy, but a little goes a long way. The scent is very romantic, more of an evening scent really. It is a bit spicy, undercut by light floral undertones. I very much enjoy this perfume- but sparingly. This is too romantic for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Princess2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely fragrance that lasts for up to 5 hours. It is a fragrance that can be used when you go to work, parties, events, etc. Spray lightly on because the spray is powerful and can be overwhelming when you do not control it. Lovely and excellent quality perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickluvah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Where to begin?....Coco is utterly fabulous. Coco is effortlessly chic, a fragrance that turns heads and draws attention, without being harsh or severe. I've worn Coco Mademoiselle for years, and while I do still wear it from time to time, it will never compare to the original Coco. It is a fragrance that you *must* smell on your skin to appreciate. When I first smelled Coco at the Chanel counter, on a tester strip, my first impression was that it was another overly intense, crowded, stuffy and overwhelming scent, like #5. But I tried it on anyways, walked away, and went back to the purchase the large bottle after about ten minutes- after the scent settled a bit, it was glorious! It is one that needs to melt into your skin to be fully enjoyed, and it wears even better as the day goes on. An instant pick me up. I've worn it every day since, which is saying A LOT, as I am one who tends to have a wandering eye, never completely satisfied with any of the dozens of perfumes I own. But not with Coco, no, Coco will forever be my signature scent. It just "works", every day, every occasion, every outfit. I would feel as comfortable wearing Coco in a wedding dress as I would jeans.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the EDT. On me it is a mossy, clove-y rose and tonka skin scent. It's so easy to wear, whether I dress up or down. It loses a lippy on packaging. The EdT bottle is a boring rectangle bereft of Chanel style.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Janesez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband says that Coco smells like a woman who is dark haired with fair skin (I tried to tell him about the Vanessa Paradis commercial where she's swinging in the birdcage, but he would have none of it), is uncommonly gorgeous beyond measure, who probably holds some lofty degree in Chinese export porcelain, mysterious and complicated but never neurotic. Above all, she is extremely sexy without trying to be...and if he can get her it will be the best sex he's ever had. She's not cheap. Not easily won...but the deeper you get the more dangerous she is, because she will ruin you. She's unforgettable, incomparable. You can never be happy with another woman again....Haha, how's that for a review?? As for me, I adore Coco. I love that my husband has this particular reaction to it. I feel more powerful and alive when I wear this. And yes, a bit sexier!! The dry down is absolutely glorious. I can't keep from smelling my wrists all day long. I find that this scent works best in cooler weather. Not sure if I would love it as much in the summer...but oh my, once Autumn comes I break out the Coco. It's expensive but worth every cent.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the fragrance but there is no need to spend so much $$$ for it. You can buy coco chanel fragrance oil which is sold at some online stores specializing in fragrance oils.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

File this under "I don't get it." With all the rave reviews here I was expecting something quite amazing. What I got was old fashioned crowded scent. I love orientals but I can't even distinguish notes in here, its just boring and not an even very strong scent to make it worth the money. Its not a horrible perfume, its just hard to see what the fuss is about. I would definetly re visit Coco to see if I felt the same way in the future but at the moment its a big no from me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by doudoune

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use to love chanel fragrances then for about a year i found out that my coco mademoiselle dont smell right or for a long time after a hour or two it faded i look at the box and surprise MADE IN THE USA NOT MADE IN FRANCE any more chanel is suppose to be a france brand and the parfum is suppose to be made in france the lady at the chanelcounter try to convince me that the product was made in france and the bottle in the usa but my background teache me that french parfum are the best and there is nothing called product made here and bottel made here i was very disappointed .now i'm wearing J'ADORE BY DIOR first think i did after i smell it on a collegue and i fall in love with the smell i went to macys ask for a sample and chesked the box bingo MADE IN FRANCE .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Isn't this what Bree from Desperate Housewives would wear? Hands down, it's definitely the best rich housewife perfume ever created ( and I don't mean it in a bad green envy-poisoned way!! :) ) The perfume is like a dense leather and oriental spice oil elixir that can hardly be word on a night out because it is way too subtle ( very rich and strong, but yet subtle in a most classy way ) and could hardly be part of the "Here I am - look at me" moment. "I am so successful, content and fulfilled, that I don't even care what anyone thinks" is more like it. I am absolutely convinced, that this should be worn as a reward for one's own achievements: judging by the price label, you would have to have at least one ( financially acknowledged ) behind your belt, or be related to someone who has, and whose fruits of succes you are allowed to harvest :). I am waiting for a pure perfume bottle to arrive and i know it will be a while before I can wear it thinking:" It's been hard work and now I am finally there". I would also recommend Coco to those who have given birth ( a huge life achievement in my view! ) recently and are making their comeback into society as newly established themselves.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

This is my signature scent. It's one of the most sexy scents I have ever have the pleasure of sniffing. Everytime I wear it, my man, men, and other women tell me is smell "amazing" or "incredible", with a shock of delight and desire on their face. I know that when I wear this, pretty much everything goes my way. Though, my dashing good looks seem to help as well.
Top notes are coriander, pomegranate blossom, mandarin orange, peach, jasmine and bulgarian rose; middle notes are mimose, cloves, orange blossom, clover and rose; base notes are labdanum, amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, opoponax, civet and vanilla.
This is the scent of a true, strong, rediculously powerful and sexy woman, like myself.
Though, I can imagine, like many other strong perfumes, it may smell different on people.
But if you have the confidence, you can pull this off too.
COME GET ME