November 24, 2014 | 1789 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Daddyo shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mollyannemakeup

After reading a few reviews I dont think I will be using this product again. I tried it today on my hair when I was showering and as I put it in and began washing it my hair felt really dry and not soft in any way shape or form. I thought maybe this would be due to it cleaning my hair really well? Then I used the American Cream conditioner to try and make my hair soft again. No hope. Im just worried about my hair falling out now like other reviews have said hopefully it dont. I dont see a change in my hair and wont be buying this again. Also, I dont particularly like the scent it is very sweet and gives you a headache.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's been several weeks since I finished my second bottle of Daddyo, and I only realised how much I love it now it's gone. My hair is an ash blonde, and I liked the idea of making it brighter and blonder without bleaching it. This really works. My natural highlights look so blonde and my hair goes from being quite dull to a bright, golden/ash blonde. I started seeing a guy about 6 weeks ago. Last night he said "I'm sure you were blonder when I met you"...so it definitely makes a noticeable difference. It's also a good shampoo; it leave my hair soft, manageable and it smells great as well. It doesn't need to be used everyday to make a noticeable difference either. I bought John Friedas "Go Blonder" shampoo and conditioner yesterday. I suppose I'll try them out for a little while, but I should have just gone back to Lush and stocked up on some more Daddyo. If they ever discontinue this shampoo, I'll cry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

I love the smell of this product but in the end I don't really think that it does as good a job as my Karma solid shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample of this at Lush (sample lasts for 3 times, so usually I try shampoos before, they are really expensive at Lush!) as any Lush shampoo, the smell is horrible (not the worst of them). The color might seem scary at first (bright purple, all shower was splashed with purple foam and water) but it washes out and does not leave any stains.
I loved the result a lot, my golden highlights were lighter and so very shiny, I was really impresed.
However, the down sides - price, smell and it could be more moisturizing. My hair is really dry, little damaged, so I have to choose another shampoo. However, this is great shampoo for anyone who wants lighter, shiny hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Be mindful that daily use of Daddy-O can make your scalp itchy and maybe a little sore. I found it to be somewhat drying to my scalp and I have oily roots. It does a good job with blonde hair toning down brassiness, but honestly there are cheaper violet shampoo's out there that would do the same thing. Ask for a sample before you splurge on the full size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far loving this. I have golden blonde hair with natural highlights and have washed my hair about 4 times with this and each time my hair is soft and shiny with no brassiness.

Love the smell, very nice to have just before bed. My boyfriend keeps smelling my hair.
I did freak out a bit when I poared this onto my hand in the shower and the colour was a deep inky violet. Don't let this put you off, it doesn't stain hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

I absolutely adore the smell of violets and that's why I keep buying this stuff from time to time. Unfortunately the violet scent is replaced by a weird hairspray type smell when hair is dry which I why I dropped a lippy. Very yummy in the bottle tho!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lavalon

This shampoo is amazing! It's the best shampoo I have ever tried - and I have tried redken, joico and matrix amplify to get some volume into my fine straight hair. It leaves my hair shiny and so full of body! And another HUGE plus is that the greys I have look vivid and my blond highlights just look... well... wow!!
I was looking for a purple shampoo to tone down the brassiness in my color-treated light brown hair and I didn't hold out much hope for this one (got it as a sample) because I was a bit of a brand name snob maybe ;) But from the first wash the brassiness was neutralized and I was won over by the body, shine and wow-factor of my hair afterwards!
So I bought the largest size bottle of Daddy-O I could get, and that way it is certainly cost-effective. It's been 5 months of heavy use and I'm only through about a fifth of the bottle. It smells like violets which to me personally is ok; at least it's not a scent which lingers on my hair afterwards. I also use Lush's R&B finishing butter on my ends (ONLY on my ends as it is very rich) and well that one smells fabulous! (I'm just waiting for Lush to bottle that scent in a perfume or something!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

This makes my blonde hair really shine, and it is so soft too! I love the smell and it lathers so well too. I received a sample a couple weeks ago and just bought a full sized bottle. It has really changed my hair for the better!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by sexonthebeach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a strong reaction to this clarifying/toning shampoo. I got hives, my hair fell out and my scalp itched like crazy. I do not recommend.