LUSH Daddyo shampoo

3.5

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

I used this three times before giving it away. It's just to drying for my hair. Even with a powerful conditioner it was leaving my ends fryed. I didn't wait around to see if it helped my hair with color.

on 2/8/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Eh, it's okay. It didn't make me any blonder or take out the yellow tone, but it made my hair clean. It bubbles up better if you rub it in your hands before you apply it to your hair.

The smell isn't too nice. The boyfriend asked me what I had used and then said that he didn't like it. I don't pay any attention to what he thinks about how I smell as it's my business, but I agree with him that it isn't pleasant.

I'll use up the whole bottle as Lush isn't cheap, but won't repurchase. There are better, cheaper blonde shampoos out there.

on 1/19/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did get the red tint out of my hair (I was going from auburn to light brown). However, as many other reviewers have mentioned... it made my hair very dry. I ended up giving it to my boyfriend (who is blonde) and it has done WONDERS for his hair! It has never been brighter and more shiny. If you are blonde, this stuff will work well for you.

on 7/26/2012 7:13:00 PM

I got this as a sample (which lasted me at least 5 times for my shorter-than-shoulderlength hair).
I really love the color, a bright, glittering purple. There was pruple foam everywhere in the showerplace! Really lovely.
The scent is really strong and just waaaay too sweet for me. It smells like candy, but not any candy I'd like.
It was so strong I could smell it through my second wash with Godiva. I washed my hair with Godiva partly because of the scent, but also because this just didn't give me enough moisture and left my hair really dry (I was on a trip to Italy and had only Godiva with me to save some space).
One day I had forgotten the second wash and the next day my hair was feeling very very greasy, more than it normaly is.
I did have the idea it made my hair blonder. Although it might just have been the Italian sun.
I won't buy this because of the very strong smell. It's not that I hate it, but I prefer my locks to smell of Godiva's jasmin instead of candy.

After reading a few reviews I dont think I will be using this product again. I tried it today on my hair when I was showering and as I put it in and began washing it my hair felt really dry and not soft in any way shape or form. I thought maybe this would be due to it cleaning my hair really well? Then I used the American Cream conditioner to try and make my hair soft again. No hope. Im just worried about my hair falling out now like other reviews have said hopefully it dont. I dont see a change in my hair and wont be buying this again. Also, I dont particularly like the scent it is very sweet and gives you a headache.

on 7/5/2012 12:52:00 AM

It's been several weeks since I finished my second bottle of Daddyo, and I only realised how much I love it now it's gone. My hair is an ash blonde, and I liked the idea of making it brighter and blonder without bleaching it. This really works. My natural highlights look so blonde and my hair goes from being quite dull to a bright, golden/ash blonde. I started seeing a guy about 6 weeks ago. Last night he said "I'm sure you were blonder when I met you"...so it definitely makes a noticeable difference. It's also a good shampoo; it leave my hair soft, manageable and it smells great as well. It doesn't need to be used everyday to make a noticeable difference either. I bought John Friedas "Go Blonder" shampoo and conditioner yesterday. I suppose I'll try them out for a little while, but I should have just gone back to Lush and stocked up on some more Daddyo. If they ever discontinue this shampoo, I'll cry.

on 5/30/2012 7:41:00 AM

I love the smell of this product but in the end I don't really think that it does as good a job as my Karma solid shampoo.

on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Got a sample of this at Lush (sample lasts for 3 times, so usually I try shampoos before, they are really expensive at Lush!) as any Lush shampoo, the smell is horrible (not the worst of them). The color might seem scary at first (bright purple, all shower was splashed with purple foam and water) but it washes out and does not leave any stains.
I loved the result a lot, my golden highlights were lighter and so very shiny, I was really impresed.
However, the down sides - price, smell and it could be more moisturizing. My hair is really dry, little damaged, so I have to choose another shampoo. However, this is great shampoo for anyone who wants lighter, shiny hair.

on 3/28/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Be mindful that daily use of Daddy-O can make your scalp itchy and maybe a little sore. I found it to be somewhat drying to my scalp and I have oily roots. It does a good job with blonde hair toning down brassiness, but honestly there are cheaper violet shampoo's out there that would do the same thing. Ask for a sample before you splurge on the full size.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

So far loving this. I have golden blonde hair with natural highlights and have washed my hair about 4 times with this and each time my hair is soft and shiny with no brassiness.

Love the smell, very nice to have just before bed. My boyfriend keeps smelling my hair.
I did freak out a bit when I poared this onto my hand in the shower and the colour was a deep inky violet. Don't let this put you off, it doesn't stain hair.

Top Rated LUSH Products