April 19, 2014 | 1165 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Daddyo shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

I absolutely adore the smell of violets and that's why I keep buying this stuff from time to time. Unfortunately the violet scent is replaced by a weird hairspray type smell when hair is dry which I why I dropped a lippy. Very yummy in the bottle tho!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lavalon

This shampoo is amazing! It's the best shampoo I have ever tried - and I have tried redken, joico and matrix amplify to get some volume into my fine straight hair. It leaves my hair shiny and so full of body! And another HUGE plus is that the greys I have look vivid and my blond highlights just look... well... wow!!
I was looking for a purple shampoo to tone down the brassiness in my color-treated light brown hair and I didn't hold out much hope for this one (got it as a sample) because I was a bit of a brand name snob maybe ;) But from the first wash the brassiness was neutralized and I was won over by the body, shine and wow-factor of my hair afterwards!
So I bought the largest size bottle of Daddy-O I could get, and that way it is certainly cost-effective. It's been 5 months of heavy use and I'm only through about a fifth of the bottle. It smells like violets which to me personally is ok; at least it's not a scent which lingers on my hair afterwards. I also use Lush's R&B finishing butter on my ends (ONLY on my ends as it is very rich) and well that one smells fabulous! (I'm just waiting for Lush to bottle that scent in a perfume or something!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

This makes my blonde hair really shine, and it is so soft too! I love the smell and it lathers so well too. I received a sample a couple weeks ago and just bought a full sized bottle. It has really changed my hair for the better!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by sexonthebeach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a strong reaction to this clarifying/toning shampoo. I got hives, my hair fell out and my scalp itched like crazy. I do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one pigmented purple shampoo ~~ near the ranks of Joico and AG. However it left my long, fine beige blonde hair stiff and lifeless. And I listened to previous reviewers and used a Deep Conditioning Treatment after I rinsed...so the dryness/stiffness is beyond odd. I liked the scent (kinda earthy) and the pigmentation, however the way it left my hair is just too bad. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I disliked the scent. After a few uses I started to get us to and now really like it. I think most Lush products are that way.
I don't have blonde hair. I use this to keep my red tones from getting brassy. This leaves my hair soft, shiny and smelling of violets.
I even use this on my dog to keep her coat dry. However, it is only used on her about once a month if that as dogs need a more oily based shampoo.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Like most colour depositing shampoos, this is an ocassional use product. It's very mild and has an inky violet scent, which I really like. It is only really useful for bringing out highlights or making your blonde hair blonder. My SO has light brown hair and it brought out blonde highlights that I didn't know he had. Strangely enough, you don't even have to have blonde or light brown hair to use Daddyo. I am Asian (Chinese) with dark hair and I sometimes have natural brown highlights, particularly in the summer. This shampoo made my highlights blonde and oddly enough, it made my greys softer.

Added later: this shampoo, like most LUSH shampoos, really dries out my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by LUSH3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

even though this is super duper fantasticly amazing on blondes and greys, this worked wonders for my brown hair. i really wanted to lighten my hair naturally, and wow this works. like, seriously. i found that because LUSH's hair care contain no silicons etc, when you use any LUSH shampoos or conditioners, your colour has nothing to hold on to (if you have dyed hair). and therefore fades or washes out as much as possible, really fast. which is spectacular if you were in my situation. my dyed ugly dark brown hair is now back to its natural colour with awesome highlights(: yey ilovelLUSH !!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Krissylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I bought this shampoo my hair was a medium chestnut brown, I felt it was looking a little drab and moussey with a little bit of yellow a tinge to it, so even though this shampoo is made for blond grey hair I wanted to try it. The sales girl promised me that it would not lighten my hair, but would bring out my natural red tone highlights and make my hair really shiny, so I bought it. It did make my hair very shiny and did bring out some of my natural brown and red highlights and took away the yellowish tinge. I didn't use it for a very long time, it eventually expired, the expirey date on the bottle was in 2009! I called the store and they said it would be fine to use still.

Anyway, I forgot I had this and decided to try it again on my hair. My hair is now box dyed black from Nice n Easy. I tried this on my black hair and loooooooooove the results, wow! My hair has NEVER been soooo freaking SHINY! love this shampoo for the results, but HATE the hippie scent it leaves in my hair! This did not lighten my hair, just brightened my color, it actually looks like I just colored my hair, and trust me I am way overdue, my color was starting to look drab, but this shampoo together with Veganese conditioner left my color looking fresh, shiny and brand new!

I have a friend who is a blond and she used this shampoo for a few days and it did lighten her hair, I asked her if she got highlights, she said no, just been using Daddyo for a week! Huge difference in her color-wow!

Great quality product but don't care for the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by dansgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is amazing for toning your blonde hair- keeping the brassy tones at bay, but what it is not good for is soft, silky hair. This shampoo is very drying so be sure to use a really good moisturizing conditioner afterwards- which blondes should be using anyway.

I would buy this product again and would recommend it as well, but with the above warning.