November 22, 2014 | 1957 users online

Eye Shadow - Shu Uemura - Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by workandgirl

I looove these eye shadows. My one and only complaint is that the packaging sucks. The new pacakaging sucks just as much, but putting them in the palettes helps quite a bit. All of the eyeshadows i've bought have broken in their plastic (but not the powders).

this aside, i will continue to buy and buy this product again. the consistency is amazing. the way these are milled, they are so easily blendable but there is still a great color pay-off. i find that they colors are very wearable, and more importantly, can be very flexible. i.e. a metallic grey works amazingly well with black and brown, etc.

the colors i have used, loyally are:

ME Silver 950/ now me brown 850: i will buy this over and over again. i wear it everyday.

P White 900: this is a basic white that is great for highlighting brown bones, inner corners.

Special Edition, Fall 2006 Filigree Pressed Powder ME Olive: it looks olive, yes, and goes on olive. but blended with colors, it can take on a much more neutral color. definitely a basic for me.

ME Gold 350: The one color i tried out and my MA let me return because I bought it when she wasn't there. I read about this from a blog about the "best ever color" and you know, it just didn't do it for me. it is a pretty burnt gold and goes on bronze. it just stood out too much on me, even when i thought i blended it. photo evidence tells me this is not such a great color for me.

i stand behind these shadows. i love them. if shu just sold eyeshadow, i would still buy just their eye shadow. their consistency (even on the colors that don't work on me) is amazing. they generally blend well, but certainly have a good ability to work with layering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

I bought 3 of these shadows in the Shu Uemura boutique in Lonon UK when I was visiting there and yes, these eyeshadows are a dream for any makeup addict. They pigmentation is so intense, they are comparable to MAC pigments. The cost in the UK was really high, so they were definitely a splurge, but I love the quality of these shadows. I bought 3 from the metallic line. Unfortunately you can't buy Shu in Switzerland where I live, otherwise I would probably only buy these eyeshadows. The only negative is the packacking, the little sqare containers are hard to open, I'm very careful to open on top of a surface so as not to fumble and drop it on the floor.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by meganquan

My mom's friend went to Japan and brought me back a Shu Uemura eyeshadow in IR Green 512. The colour is a soft kind of seafoam green with a light gentle shimmer. Not overpowering. The staying power is pretty good works well with my active life. If it smudges (from sweat or wear) it creates a really cool effect (smudges down to my bottom lash line) that I try to reenact for parties. (WHAT A BONUS!).The packaging is simple and chic I really like it. It also looks so fab lightly dabbed or mixed with clear lipgloss. If paired with a dark brown/ bronze eyeliner (Teddy by Mac) its a nice summer look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by chubbieeprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are my favorite eyeshadows! I also use Nars, Laura Mercier (which i don't like all that much) and Chanel ~ Shu is my favorite! They're highly pigmented so a little goes a long way ~ and you can layer more on for a more brilliant color. I love the metallics and the irridescents, truly gorgeous! I have very pale skin, so I choose to use the metallic jewel tones (ME Green 555, etc.) lightly or as liners. The irridescent is my favorite as it looks different under different lightings and angles. I get compliments all the time on the color brilliance and I highly recommend them for any serious makeup user! Note that using them with high quality brushes makes a difference as opposed to using fingers (although I do that when I'm in a hurry).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2006 9:22:00 AM More reviews by caramelmint

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok I'll be brutally honest here.... while I LOVE the texture and staying power of SU's eyeshadows, I've never been able to find a colour that I absolutely love and which suits me (a yellow skintone fair Asian). The range of colours look superb on its own over at the sales counter and I know that SU's famous for their eyeshadows but it does't work for me... colour wise at least. The result - 6 SU eyeshadows left untouched (used 1-2 times at most) sitting in my KIV make up stash and only 1 (Beige #800) that I use as a base sometimes. I'll buy them again if I find one in a colour that complements me perfectly...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have heard the raves here on MUA but it took me awhile to succumb the Shu eyeshadows. I finally swapped for this shade and now i am hooked. Shu shadows are super silky, richly pigmented, glide on easily, and last all day. ME green 555 is a beautiful metallic shimmery medium bright green with soft golden undertones. Looks great with my NC30 light olive complexion. I love this in the crease. Brightens the whole eye. These are excellent quality shadows. I also have ME Silver 945. A HG for me now! Retails for $18 and comes in a clear plastic package.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2005 3:31:00 AM More reviews by girlinheadphones

i really enjoy the consistency of the product although it does cake up from time to time, even with a base.
the casing is crap, all of the shu eyeshadows ive bought have broken...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by emilyy

My favor eye shadow. So many color you could pick, good quanty with resonable price. The color could stay whole day/ I like the transparent case, so you could find the color easily and easy to store. The only bad thing is the case is easy to break it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2005 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Mani_80

I admit that the color selection of the Shu e/s is FABULOUS!! The only problem to me is they all tend to crease on my lids. When I read other reveiws, it looks like I'm the odd around here. Anyhow, I won't go for Shu e/s purposely, unless I found a really unique shade that I'm willing to splurge on. Always a BB and Stila girl here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 3:18:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Shu's eyeshadows are consistently the best on the market. The color range is impressive, the powder is so finely milled it's like buttery suede to the touch, and the ME shadows in particular have Herculean staying power. Favorite shades include ME Silver 945 and ME Green 555.
$19 at Shu counters and shuuemura-usa.com. continued >>