MAC Cubic

4.2

on 8/15/2011 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

On me, it's a nude beige-y dusty rose. I don't even know why I purchased it. I already have so many blushes, yet I keep going repurchasing colors like this. It looks great because it's understated and natural so you can wear it to school or work. However, I don't find it anything special. I got it off eBay and saved $10, so I'll say the price is justified because the color payoff and lasting power is exceptional, but the color itself is not so unique.

on 7/15/2011 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been going through a huge blush explosion. I used to never wear blush, and now I own more than I can ever use up. I've been trying a ton of different colors. Cubic is a color I've been looking for for a while. I wanted a muted, neutral, clean, soficticated/officy pink. In the pan, Warm Soul looked perfect, but on it turned orangy. For a while I used Blushbaby, but now I feel like it's a bit orangy and a little muddy looking on me. I finally got Cubic in a swap and it's perfect. On me, it's a clean, neutral, muted pink. Some people describe it as brown or even as a bronzer for the fair. I can see where they think that. However, for me, it's too pink to use as a bronzer. If you look at karlasugar's blush swatches, I feel like that is true to color on me. It's my perfect "at work/professional/natural" blush. This has replaced Blushbaby for me.
Actually, a huge reason it took me so long to try Cubic is because it looks just like Blushbaby in the pan. When I swatch them side-by-side, Blushbaby is distinctly orange and Cubic is definitely pink.
Edit 3/5/12: So I tried Tenderling, I thought adding a comparison might be helpful. Tenderling turns orangy brown unless applied super lightly. If applied super lightly you can't see it within a couple hours. My skin must bring out extremes in colors because if I swatch them they look fairly similar, and applied lightly they look almost identical, but on the cheek if applied with a couple layers one is pink and one is orange. Personally, I'm not a fan of orange.

on 6/22/2011 2:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color is exactly like NARS Douceur, which I loved - but found terribly sheer (and I'm N10, so that says something) Cubic is more pigmented - which is why I returned Douceur & bought Cubic, I find it rather longwearing as well. Overall no complaints from me & a fabulous neutral color.

Could possibly be my new favorite blush. Warms up my cheeks in a natural glow kind of way and goes with any eyeshadow look. Exactly what I was looking for! I've been getting bored of the coral blushes I own and this purchase was a step in the right direction for me.

This blush has turned into my every day blush and I am loving it! Not glittery and not too pink which is great for daytime!

on 2/25/2011 10:12:00 PM

This has become my HG blush, the color is simply gorgeous and the texture is smooth and silky and blends evenly without being the least little bit chalky. This is one of the very few colors of blush that I have that I don't have to "match" with the other makeup I wear that day. I love the way it looks like a natural flush on my NW20 skintone and even though it has beige/brown undertones it never looks muddy on me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

By far, the best MAC blush I have tried! Cubic is such a gorgeous color, that I never even thought of purchasing. I always order my MAC stuff online, since a counter is very far away. I was going to order the matte blush 'Buff' because it seemed like the color that would go with every eye look, and I love the matte formula's. I had a chance to go to a MAC counter finally, and when I swatched Buff, I wasn't impressed. Beneath it was a beautiful, mauve/pink and the swatch was heavenly- it was the perfect color, and so neutral, but still pigmented. When I saw that it was Cubic, I was really surprised. I never, ever even looked up swatches for Cubic online, and I really wish I did! This blush matches every single eyeshadow look- not to mention this is so buildable. A little bit looks like a healthy glow, and a little more look stunning with a highlighter on the temples, and a soft contour. What I adore most about this is the fact that if you over apply this, it will not look clownish or garish. My other favorite blush from MAC is Melba, but its really easy to apply a little to much at times. I'm so happy that I swatched this shade, and found another MAC blush formulation that isn't splotchy like the Sheertones- Holy Grail material <3

*UPDATE*

Its official, this is my Holy Grail and I honestly don't think I will every try another MAC blush- because as cheesy as this sounds, this blush completes every makeup look I do. I'm tempted to Try Well Dressed and some other blushes, but I probably won't for quite some time.

on 12/9/2010 8:02:00 PM

Cubic is so lovely! This is a great color for my skintone (around NC20). I bought this because it is a subtle neutral pink/mauve flush (and I am getting sick of wearing the peachy blushes I've always worn).The finish has no shimmer/frost. It's classified as a "satin" on MAC's website. Perfect for those days when I want to keep my makeup super simple. I hear this has buildable color, so I'll see that for myself when I want a more dramatic effect. Overall, fantastic color, great finish.

on 12/1/2010 4:26:00 AM

This blush is either badly pigmented or to close to my skin tone for it to show up. Either way i dont like it. Its dull. I wish we could return stuff like in the united states, but no can do :( swap anyone? :)

on 11/27/2010 10:39:00 AM

This was my first ever blush. I know, 27 and never used blush. I used a bit when I was in high school, it looked awful and I forever vowed against blush. But really... what healthy 15 year old needs blush? So I went to my local MAC store... straight up the street..and one of the reps picked this one out for me. Itsa very nice pink/brown.. i think it's quite natural. Although my dark features lately, have led me to believe that i should start using a more peachy, brighter blush. I'm looking to lighten up my face more. I do love this blush when I have natural tones on my eyes. I find it doesnt suit my eyes when I have plashed pink or purple on them. Looks good with Blue. Just some thoughts.
Smells great, love the texture. Its extremely buildable. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME. I like to put a little on and buff.. then add more if neccessary. Love the MAC blush cases btw. My favorite to date.Easy to pick out the colour you want from your pile. You don't have to go opening cases.

Popular Blush Products