MAC Cubic

4.2

This is such a beautiful blush- it has been my Holy Grail for the last 6 months, and I recently just repurchased this after hitting pan on my first one. I often order all of my MAC products online, since my nearest counter is around a 2 hour drive. One day, I had a chance to go to a counter, and wasn't initially aware that this color existed. I wanted something that would go with every eyeshadow look- from dark, bright or neutral. I swatched Buff, Prism, and Blunt- gorgeous shades, but nothing really exciting. I then swatched Cubic and liked how the color was a light dusy rose/beige/pink (I find the color a bit hard to explain) .... I purchased it right away, and when I tried it the first time, I was hooked. This blush looks so gorgeous, it gives the perfect pop of color- without looking to bright. The formula goes on Matte, without the slightest bit of shimmer. I wear a shimmery highlighter, so I don't like any kind of sheen to my blushes unless I plan to skip the highlighter. All in all, I adore this :) and out of my 12 other MAC blushes, I pretty much only reach for this. I'm sure in the future another color will grab my eye, but for now I'm loving this. This matches with my HG highlighter (Revlon's Mineral powder in 'Brighten') and my contour powder (MAC's Refined Golden Bronzer) ....This may not look like much in the pan, but its truly gorgeous!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

On me, it's a nude beige-y dusty rose. I don't even know why I purchased it. I already have so many blushes, yet I keep going repurchasing colors like this. It looks great because it's understated and natural so you can wear it to school or work. However, I don't find it anything special. I got it off eBay and saved $10, so I'll say the price is justified because the color payoff and lasting power is exceptional, but the color itself is not so unique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been going through a huge blush explosion. I used to never wear blush, and now I own more than I can ever use up. I've been trying a ton of different colors. Cubic is a color I've been looking for for a while. I wanted a muted, neutral, clean, soficticated/officy pink. In the pan, Warm Soul looked perfect, but on it turned orangy. For a while I used Blushbaby, but now I feel like it's a bit orangy and a little muddy looking on me. I finally got Cubic in a swap and it's perfect. On me, it's a clean, neutral, muted pink. Some people describe it as brown or even as a bronzer for the fair. I can see where they think that. However, for me, it's too pink to use as a bronzer. If you look at karlasugar's blush swatches, I feel like that is true to color on me. It's my perfect "at work/professional/natural" blush. This has replaced Blushbaby for me.
Actually, a huge reason it took me so long to try Cubic is because it looks just like Blushbaby in the pan. When I swatch them side-by-side, Blushbaby is distinctly orange and Cubic is definitely pink.
Edit 3/5/12: So I tried Tenderling, I thought adding a comparison might be helpful. Tenderling turns orangy brown unless applied super lightly. If applied super lightly you can't see it within a couple hours. My skin must bring out extremes in colors because if I swatch them they look fairly similar, and applied lightly they look almost identical, but on the cheek if applied with a couple layers one is pink and one is orange. Personally, I'm not a fan of orange.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color is exactly like NARS Douceur, which I loved - but found terribly sheer (and I'm N10, so that says something) Cubic is more pigmented - which is why I returned Douceur & bought Cubic, I find it rather longwearing as well. Overall no complaints from me & a fabulous neutral color.

Could possibly be my new favorite blush. Warms up my cheeks in a natural glow kind of way and goes with any eyeshadow look. Exactly what I was looking for! I've been getting bored of the coral blushes I own and this purchase was a step in the right direction for me.

This blush has turned into my every day blush and I am loving it! Not glittery and not too pink which is great for daytime!

This has become my HG blush, the color is simply gorgeous and the texture is smooth and silky and blends evenly without being the least little bit chalky. This is one of the very few colors of blush that I have that I don't have to "match" with the other makeup I wear that day. I love the way it looks like a natural flush on my NW20 skintone and even though it has beige/brown undertones it never looks muddy on me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

By far, the best MAC blush I have tried! Cubic is such a gorgeous color, that I never even thought of purchasing. I always order my MAC stuff online, since a counter is very far away. I was going to order the matte blush 'Buff' because it seemed like the color that would go with every eye look, and I love the matte formula's. I had a chance to go to a MAC counter finally, and when I swatched Buff, I wasn't impressed. Beneath it was a beautiful, mauve/pink and the swatch was heavenly- it was the perfect color, and so neutral, but still pigmented. When I saw that it was Cubic, I was really surprised. I never, ever even looked up swatches for Cubic online, and I really wish I did! This blush matches every single eyeshadow look- not to mention this is so buildable. A little bit looks like a healthy glow, and a little more look stunning with a highlighter on the temples, and a soft contour. What I adore most about this is the fact that if you over apply this, it will not look clownish or garish. My other favorite blush from MAC is Melba, but its really easy to apply a little to much at times. I'm so happy that I swatched this shade, and found another MAC blush formulation that isn't splotchy like the Sheertones- Holy Grail material <3

*UPDATE*

Its official, this is my Holy Grail and I honestly don't think I will every try another MAC blush- because as cheesy as this sounds, this blush completes every makeup look I do. I'm tempted to Try Well Dressed and some other blushes, but I probably won't for quite some time.

Cubic is so lovely! This is a great color for my skintone (around NC20). I bought this because it is a subtle neutral pink/mauve flush (and I am getting sick of wearing the peachy blushes I've always worn).The finish has no shimmer/frost. It's classified as a "satin" on MAC's website. Perfect for those days when I want to keep my makeup super simple. I hear this has buildable color, so I'll see that for myself when I want a more dramatic effect. Overall, fantastic color, great finish.

This blush is either badly pigmented or to close to my skin tone for it to show up. Either way i dont like it. Its dull. I wish we could return stuff like in the united states, but no can do :( swap anyone? :)

Top Rated MAC Products