December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am not a perfume wearer, but I decided it was time to have a decent scent for special occasions. I spent about a month shopping for something that wouldn't irritate my (or my boyfriend's) sensitive nose. Nothing too alcohol-y, floral, heavy, powdery etc.

This is a sweet mild scent that suits most occasions. It's sort of a young smell, and can see it worn well on women aged 18-32. This perfume is sweet without being cloying. Fresh without being too sharp. Strong but inoffensive. Most people say it's a fall/winter scent, but sprayed strategically, I plan to wear this all year round. The first time I wore it near my boyfriend, he said I smell "fancy". Which is a pretty keen observation, I suppose lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this in the EDP 3 times now and also own 4 other Burberry scents. This one is my go-to however. It's a delightful, fresh and timeless scent IMHO, and can be worn for every-day or going out, whatever. I get asked what perfume I'm wearing often with this one, and I pretty much never get tired of it. I only change scents after I've worn this one steadily for awhile and can't smell it on myself anymore, but I LOVE coming back to it every time! I don't care for the EDT, don't find it anything special and it smells nothing like the EDP. Brit is a bit pricey, but worth it..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Lovely, warm, intoxicating scent. My current favorite.

I'm an amateur when it comes to perfume. Due to working in a coffee shop for many years, I've rarely been able to wear scents (interferes with coffee smell for customers) and therefore never got into them. Last week I decided it was time to have some nice perfume, and this was the first purchase made with my new-found perfume craving. I'm absolutely in love and I've worn this every day since purchasing. I even spray a little right before I go to bed so I can sit and inhale on my way to sleep. Cannot get enough of this vanilla/almond yumminess. This one really works for me!

Btw, I purchased the edt- it lasts all day for me (the spray before bed that I mentioned above is simply overkill/insanity). I love this scent so much that I have also purchased the edp, due to arrive later this week. Can't wait to compare the two! If it responds to my chemistry as well as the edt, I'll be in heaven!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I've always loved Burberry Brit EDP -- it was love at first sniff for me when it launched in 2003, and I bought it immediately. It had my favorite note, Vanilla -- combined with so many other delicious fruity-gourmand notes.

Here is note list, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Iced pear, Lime, Almond
Heart Notes: Peony
Base Notes: Amber, Tonka bean, Vanilla

How great are those notes? To me, that note list speaks for itself -- personally, I love every one of them. Together, they make a fresh, delicious, interesting scent cocktail. Good for all seasons, all weather, all occasions, all ages.

I love gourmands, and Brit is one I turn to when I want to lighten up -- when I want a gourmand but something more cheerful and less heavy than the ambery-woody-patchouli-musky based gourmands. Brit is fresh, refreshing, cheerful, energizing -- due to the zesty lime and sweet pear, which keep the fragrance light & zingy.

Combined with the vanilla & almond, the overall scent is delicious. I've had a bottle since it launched, and I'll always have Brit EDP in my collection, for as long as they make it

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by addikted

I have bought this time and time again. It is such an easy fragrance to wear. I feel put-together, awake, clean and happy when I put this on..it just works. It's fresh but still has some spice to it. It wears well and stays true all day, without being overpowering at all.

Sometimes I think I smell tobacco (not smoke or ashtrays..tobacco) and there's something which gives it that new leather smell at times too. It's listed as: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.

It is not really sweet, I don't wear sweet, yet I think it's the floral and sweet notes of peony, almond, vanilla that balance the lime and the pear citrusy notes that just ends up quite lovely.

Such a well balanced fragrance and one I'm sure I'll keep buying. I think for the price it's a good fragrance that lasts all day and does not wear flat. I wear it in winter and summer, though I think it's probably more summery than winter, it's spice and warmth is there but not dominant.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soft and sweet but use sparingly. Too much and it smells sickenly sweet. Lovely warm drydown. Get lots of compliments. One problem is that everyone is going to be wearing this and it will become like a Justin Bieber record, beautiful but way overplayed.

The packaging is hideous!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by blakie

This is one of my favorite fall-winter scents. It has that really warm and cozy scent that just make you think of sitting in front of a fireplace with a warm blanket around you. When i first sprayed it i actually did'nt like it, it almost smelled sour, but when it's been on my skin for a few minutes it smells amazing! a really nice vanilla-almond scent that still manages not to be oversweet. It is a very classy perfume, and i love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful scent for fall / winter. This is for the woman who wants to feel sexy and be noticed. I have loved and worn this for years. Awesome staple scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fresh, floral, slightly powder, slightly sweet, and a tiny hint of citrus. Love love love.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh burberry. I really loved the scent of the edp but ended up buying the edt because I'm not a fan of how strong the edp is. Unfortunately, the edt does not have the vanilla note (or maybe gets overpowered with the alcoholic base note), making it a much less pleasant scent than the edp. Definitely not a feminine scent. The Brit sheer (the pink bottle) is much lovelier.