October 31, 2014 | 1543 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh burberry. I really loved the scent of the edp but ended up buying the edt because I'm not a fan of how strong the edp is. Unfortunately, the edt does not have the vanilla note (or maybe gets overpowered with the alcoholic base note), making it a much less pleasant scent than the edp. Definitely not a feminine scent. The Brit sheer (the pink bottle) is much lovelier.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

As much as I was looking forward to absolutely loving this fragrance, the first time I spritzed it on (and wore it out for a day), I was disappointed. (BOOHOO) The smell was the first thing that lured me into it, and I mean, how could you refuse to smell like Burberry BRIT? It didn't last for too long, in fact, the scent wore away very quickly, but it is quite pungent the first hour or two from application. I'm on the line with this perfume, it's quality certainly does not live up to it's name/price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

This perfume is my go-to daytime fragrance. My description of Burberry Brit's Eau de Parfum is soft and romantic. It is one of my more subtle fragrances. When I smell it, I think of an athletic sexy woman wearing a classic fragrance of almond, vanilla, and pear. It is a very mellow scent, not sweet, with warm combinations of amber and mahogany.

This definitely smells like a classic brand fragrance, though not too mature. I set it alongside my Mademoiselle Coco Chanel. The packaging is nothing too intricate- glass bottle with the Burberry cross hatching.

Overall, I recommend this perfume. It's not my HG as I am more of a complex, sexy perfume woman. But this is the perfect combination for a day out, where you don't want it slapping anyone in the face. I got a deal on the 3.3 fl oz bottle, so it will take me a long time to finish it. I will most likely purchase something else when I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by PlushRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Burberry Brit is the very first "big girl" perfume I ever bought, at a department store counter with my proud mother en tow. I picked it up because I hadn't the slightest idea about perfumes, except that I knew I liked sweet and vanilla-tinged scents.

I have many more bottles in my collection now, and I still love hints of vanilla - all varieties, from Shalimar to Pink Sugar - but with all the variety, I still find myself reaching for Burberry Brit quite often. It's somehow wound up being the only perfume I have duplicate bottles of.

Others have commented on the notes, and those aspects of any perfume are fairly easy to look up anyway, so I'll sum it up in a different way for me: It's easy to wear. It offends no one (that I've come across), but it also isn't the perfume in my collection that gathers the most comments or compliments. It's steady, reliable, and the perfect mix between lightness and substance. It doesn't "say" any age to me - it's not the scent of a young girl or a refined older woman, it just IS. It's even a bit androgynous as well as ageless. It is, essentially, just like the bottle it comes in: Not too try-hard, not overly delicate or simpering, just sturdy but with interesting little ribbons of color shot through it.

I tend to wear it most in the colder months, as it feels like a fall/winter scent to me. It's also a bit tricky for me as far as endurance - if I want it to last, I have to make sure to place it carefully, and I often wind up using more spritzes of this than of other perfumes. Nevertheless, I'll probably always have a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by HairWaves

I have used this fragrance and really enjoy the scent. It is fresh and not overpowering. It also stays for a long period of time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

Unfortunately this perfume reminds me of baby powder. I did not like it at all. I used to wear a perfume by Diesel that came in a short, white bottle when I was 10 that smelled exactly like this. If you like the scent of talcum powder, then you'll probably like it. If you love this perfume but can't afford to re-purchase, then I'd recommend the Diesel perfume as a dupe. I do, however, like the bottle with the signature Burberry checkered pattern on it. But that's about as much as I like about this perfume....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Ljadeke

Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

I absolutely love this fragrance. When I was about 12 I had eau de toilette of this perfume and I really liked the smell, but back then I didn't really pay attention to brand names so when I ran out of it, I didn't go looking for it. Couple years back I was looking for a new scent since I'd run out of my Coco mademoiselle ( another amazing perfume) and I came across Burberry stand, I recognized the bottle and tried it (sprayed it on my coat sleeve), but since it was eau de perfume, the scent at fist was very strong and I didn't quite like it right away, so I didn't end up buying it. When I woke up next morning, there was amazing smell in my closet and it was coming from my coat sleeve :D So I pretty much ran to the store and got the biggest bottle.
I think it's the best perfumes ever made. It IS a bit strong when you first put it on, but as it sets and fades a little, it's just too good for words. I personally don't like to wear to much perfume, but I do like when I walk and leave pleasant smell. I've definitely gotten a lot of compliments. It's especially great to use at winter time, when wearing scarves or sweaters, because it leaves very subtle but absolutely gorgeous scent on them!
It's definitely one of my favorite perfumes, especially for fall/winter season.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Myra122

I bought this perfume when I landed a job and had been coveting it for a long time. Reading all the great reviews I was confident that I would not be disappointed. But alas! I was.
But before I go off enumerating its cons, I would like to say that its dry down indeed is lovely. A nice sweet comforting smell.
But on me it barely lasts half an hour. It starts off with a strong lime smell which I dont really like and takes a few minutes to settle into the sweeter base notes. By then however, I can barely smell it on me. Neither did my mother. So I can forget about receiving any compliments.
For a perfume this expensive, I am really disappointed by its longevity and sillage. Btw this was after 5-6 sprits!
PS: If you are buying it, please go to the perfume store, spray it on, do your shopping, come back to the store and then buy it. Hopefully it works better on your body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a scent with no sharp edges. It is like an olfactive equivalent perfect woman's figure dressed in a tight babysoft angora dress in some edible pastel colour. Once I have extra cash to fork out on a bottle of this juice, it will definitely my "security blanket" frag: it is just so soft and silky and almost childishly naive! - this is for non-femme fatale days, when one just wants a little bit of calmness or just feels laid back and casual. I applaud Burberry for the originality: lime and vanilla is like an oddball couple: nobody could have ever imagined how well these polarities could co-exist! Lime is bright and joyful here, with a barely there minty-ness, and it is lime, imho, that makes this frag sound modern and young at heart, no matter what age the wearer is. Vanilla takes the sharpness and bitterness completely out of the picture and leaves exactly what is needed to differentiate itself from other more conventional vanillas: a nice warm green breeze. Strangely enough, I think exactly of a typical burberry pattern when I smell this: the essence of this label is so well captured here! - understated, casual but with a tonic in it and an upbeat character. Despite the fact it is a comfy scent, I don't feel like vegetating while wearing it: lime calls for action in the sunshine: a brisk walk with girlfriends, horse riding, cycling - just moving around somewhere outside the city soaking up the spring sun. The bottle is simply gorgeous, überstylish, so british in a way: such a pleasure to catch a glimpse of it on a dresser!