Eucerin Original Moisturizing Lotion

3.2

Water, Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Glyceryl Lanolate, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Palmitate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, BHT, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 10/3/2011 6:59:00 PM

I bought this because I have always heard how great this is and when I first used it at the end of the summer when it was still warm, humid and horrible outside it left my skin feeling sticky. Now that it's Fall and the weather has turned cold and damp with an occastional day of dry and warm my skin has been very dry. I use this as soon as I get out of the shower and let it sink into my skin. In reality, the skin on my body has never felt or looked better.

on 9/19/2011 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm not a Eucerin fan. It boasts "dermatologist recommended" on the label and I'm left wondering who these dermatologists are and why they recommend it so highly. Maybe they like to recommend not-so-effective products so dry-skin patients will come in to their offices and keep the business afloat.

Biting sarcasm aside, I can tell you that about 15 years ago, I bought Eucerin during a really harsh winter during which I was spending a lot of time outdoors in extreme conditions. I thought it would perform as well as Nivea or pure cocoa butter, but maybe for a few pennies less. At that time, I was disappointed in the product and left with the impression that it never really moisturized all that well. I decided not to buy Eucerin again.

More recently, someone in my family who has allergic reactions to nearly every moisturizer under the sun, gave me a nearly-full bottle of Eucerin after it disagreed with his skin. So I gave it another try.

I still don't like it. After water, the primary ingredient is mineral oil. For whatever reason, I don't feel like mineral oil is really an effective moisturizer. I've used many oils, pure and hydrogenated, and I have found so many of these other oil-based products to be far more emollient. I also feel that these other oils, after an initial greasy feeling, ultimately absorb better into the skin. Mineral oil-laden Eucerin goes on greasy and stays greasy: it just sits on the surface of the skin as a film, never giving any moisture to the deep layers. The end result is that my skin winds up feeling greasy on the top, dried out underneath.

I'm using the last of the Eucerin on my lower legs, post shaving. My lower legs are one of the few places where I don't notice the objectionable greasiness as much nor do I require significant moisturizing in that area. For areas like my hands, shoulders, and so on, I've gone back to other favorites that deliver longer-lasting, less-greasy moisture.

on 8/25/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A mest to any skin regiman, good for day wear, gentle makeup removal, and makes the skin and face amazingly soft. Have bought it for a couple years and never will stop buying!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have eczema, and while my skin was calm and did not have a single flare up anywhere I put this stuff on my legs. First thought was that it's really runny and greasy, and slightly hard to rub in. A little less than an hour later my legs were ITCHING. I had a flare up from this stuff. I was so glad I did not put this everywhere on me. Horrible product, not suited for sensitive skin or if you have eczema. If you have normal skin, then maybe this product might just work out for you.

on 6/18/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Edited 6/2011: Stopped using as face/neck moisturizer. Developed a rash near eyes/upper check. Both sides of my face. Also stopped using AmLactin and BP face wash. Skin is too sensitive and cannot take it!
So far so good. I use this as a facial and neck moisturizer. Because I'm so acne-prone, I add a few drops of this and tea tree in the palm of my hand and mix them together. Then apply to freshly wash, toned face. I follow with AmLactin 5 and sunscreen. Skin seems happy so far, which is not easy to accomplish -- it's really sensitive and reactive.

What I like best is that my skin is not oily anymore, but it has a nice sheen. And it seems like the skin barrier is being repaired. If I continue to have good results, I will give another lippie.

on 9/19/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really had high hopes for this product but I was sadly very disappointed. I heard that this was really good for super dry skin so I picked it up one day from SD. The only good thing I can say is that it's fragrance free. Otherwise it's awful. It has the consistency of glue,the kind you used as a kid in school for arts and crafts, so its a bit difficult to rub into your skin. Also, it's totally greasy and gives you a shiny glow after applying. It may appear to moisturize your skin but doesn't at all. I decided to look at the ingredients and the 2nd one listed there is mineral oil...so it basically sits on top of your skin and doesn't get absorbed at all. And because it was so greasy, I had to be uber careful that I washed my hands after using it and didn't touch my clothes when I applied it. Would not recommend this product to anyone. I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is wonderful on my super dry skin, but I like it a little less than Nivea Original Moisture. I use it more in the winter, but less since moving to the South.

on 3/4/2010 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I cannot begin to describe how awful this product is. It is sticky, sticky sticky, greasy, greasy. I get the same icky feeling I get when I run my hands through hair that has hair wax on.Thank fully i got the small 1 oz size for travelling. NEVER BUYING IT AGAIN

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

No matter what fragrance free body lotion i try i always come back to this one. I cannot believe some of the bad reviews but if you have dry, sensitive, allergy prone skin like me that reacts to everything you can't beat this. It's heavy, greasy (a dry skin bod lotion must be) but it can take any rash, hive, stinging, burning out of the skin and make it feel soothed, cured, calmed and healed. Plus it's great for the hands, fantastic for removing makeup before washing the face and even taming eyebrows. It is a multipurpose lotion. IMO if your skin is extremely sensitive and allergy prone this is a must. I don't recommend using it on the face cuz it can cause millia and doesnt spread easily but just lays there in splotches...use strictly for the body.

on 1/29/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my Friday night special after using less heavy moisturizers during the week. Gives my skin back was has been leeched out during the work week. Skin feels smooth and moisturized in the morning.