October 2, 2014 | 1337 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by JBAngel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I resisted trying this product because it contains retinyl palmitate. I am a DSNW/T and this was featured in Baumanns recommended serums for DSNT which was a little strange I thought as vitamin A derivatives were no-no's. Anyhow, I approached the Clarins counter actually looking for a oil for my super dry skin but the SA guided me towards this and said that her rosacea customers love it. I have super sensitive (grade 54 for Skin type solution readers) dry rosacea skin which can still break out in hormonal acne. I wanted to mainly address the redness and uneven texture of my skin particularly on my nose and cheeks. I've now been using this product for 3 weeks and can honestly say it does what it says on the tin! My skin is much less red and most importantly smoother in texture and somehow less evident thread veins. I've been using it every night, I just use one pump and then follow that with L'occitane Rich Shea cream and then Atopalm MLE cream and my skin is definitely improving. I've just spent a week away at a conference and had awful strip lighting in the ensuite bathroom which would usually have made me want to kill myself but I was pleasantly surprised in the texture and eveness of my skin. Would definitely repurchase. For the record have tried lots of other redness reducing serums which haven't worked eg Elemis redness relief, prescriptives redness relief, L'occitane cotton and shea serum. I don't know if it's the retinyl palmitate in this that is doing the trick, but somethings working! EDIT Ok, it's been probably 5 months using it now and it has either stopped working or my rosacea is getting worse - I've stopped using it around 2 weeks ago and my nose is actually getting less red - huh? How did that happen? Something that helps at first is now making my rosacea worse - back to the drawing board - I've just ordered AD Synergy Night Treatment Oil - rave reviews on some rosacea forums - fingers crossed!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by barbiesweetdoll

very expensive and cant help with redness.i very much prefer origins mushroom skin serum which is my savior.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by mmcgoug

Great product with some reservations. If you are thinking about it I suggest buying it after consulting with the person at Clarins first. It's not for everyone.

This product was suggested to me after a couple months of 2% salicylic on my highly acne prone and highly sensitive skin. The salicylic cleared up my acne but left my skin red and peeling and dry.

After about an hour at the Clarins counter I went home with just this full sized product and a bunch of moisturizer samples. My skincare "prescription" if you can call it that was this:

Continue to use the 2% cleanser once every other day.
Use my light day moisturizer every day.
Use the same gentle cleanser every night and every other day.
Use the Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate every night - 2 pumps, rub it on my palms to warm it up, and pat it over my face. No rubbing.
Use my night cream if skin feels dry before bed.

After 2 weeks my skin looked a lot better and I didn't need to use this product any more. This product was the only addition to my skincare regimen so I am pretty sure this fixed the redness and peeling problems.

Downside is the pump thing would make the oil splash so it ruined a couple of my tops. I'm not fond of the top either, it just doesn't stay on. I don't think I can recommend travel with this product unless you double ziplock bag it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was looking forward to trying this after all the great reviews, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I've used up a full-sized bottle and, while it's nice enough, it's nothing special. You get a tiny amount of product for the price, and while you don't have to use a lot per use, I saw no difference in my skin after using it. It's basically a bunch of different oils (peanut, soybean, avocado, lavender, sunflower and one or two others) along with squalane and a few other ingredients. You can order a bottle of Haba (or other brand) squalane much cheaper, and I've used many oil-based products that work better for me. My favorite is In Fiore's oil-based face balm (from Beautyhabit.com), which is also pricey but you get TONS more product with it, it is more soothing, and it lasts forever. In Fiore also offers a selection of complexion oils that are much nicer than this product in my opinion. You can also get a lot of oil-based products at health food stores that are cheaper and work better than this Clarins product. This isn't a bad product by any means; it just didn't do one thing one way or the other for me, so I will not repurchase it now that I've used up my bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by DorisDay

Ezcema prone, dry, highly allergic, sensitive skin - I have it all! Luckily, after 37 years I have pretty much learnt what I can and cannot use but one day when purchasing something else at the Clarins counter (the majority of their products work well for me) I decided to give this a go. Am I pleased I did!! Its a tiny bottle for the 35 it costs, but it only takes one or two pumps to do the entire face. When my face flares up (which its is prone to do in times of stress, severe weather change, allergic reactions and, sometimes just for the hell of it) I put this on and within around 30 minutes, it has calmed right down. I adore the smell - kind of minty - and it has quickly earned a place in my Beauty Products Hall of Fame!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by tzapiche26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I already reviewed this once. And, yes I just purchased this only once, but my skin loves it. When I was about to get a new bottle in Germany I noticed it costs 50 eur, about 10 eur more than I remembered I payed for the first one...I decided then to buy the ingredients and do it by myslef.
INCI: Squalane - Caprylic/Capric Trigyceride - Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate -
Stearyl Heptanoate - Ximenia Americana Seed Oil - Glycine Soja
(Soybean) Oil Unsaponifiables - Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil
Unsaponifiables - Batyl Alcohol - Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender)
Oil - Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil - Origanum Marjorana Leaf Oil -
Phospholipids - Retinyl Palmitate - Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed
Oil - Glycyrrhetinic Acid - BHT - Linalool - Limonene.

You can easily find almost all the ingredients online, but in my opinion is the squalane that makes the miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by pnaranjos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is it. I have ultra-sensitive skin that does not tolerate most (if not all) products. Therefore, whenever I feel adventurous and try new things, they usually make my skin burn/itch. Then of course, I have to rinse them off and now my skin burns AND is dry due to the cleaning/rubbing...etc....

This repair lotion/serum not only does not make my skin react to it (a miracle by itself) but once I put on my skin it immediately stops any burning/itching sensation. It really is out of this world. Also, it smells great, it is easy to apply and does not make you look greasy. It does moisturize a little, nothing heavy or rich but then again, that is not it's purpose.

Seriously, this is it- especially for all those ultra-sensitive people like me.

I am light-medium with very thin skin (think tiny veins instead of dark circles under my eyes), cannot tolerate most products, cannot wear wool around my neck - (instant itching and red spots)....so on....
This product really is the S.O.S. it claims to be.

Update 8/8/11: It did break me out but does do its job of calming down angry skin. I learnt to not irritate it, so don't need it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 5:50:00 AM More reviews by yeepheng

I got this as a sample from my clarins counter when purchasing the Normalising Facial Mask (which sucked big time by the way). It felt really oily at first but the oiliness subsides after an hour or so - not sure if it absorbed into the skin or rubbed off on my pillow! The Repair concentrate did what it promised to do, it healed the dry spots on my skin, that was caused by the harsh acne creams i've been applying. I have confused skin, it would breakout non stop over a period of time, and remain calm for a short time, before going crazy again. This also seems to provide comfort to the spots that i inevitably squeeze. I do feel that I should probably not use this everyday, as my skin might get used to it, and that it might not be as effective when i really do need repairing. I will purchase this again but not immediately after this bottle finishes - it's not such an impossible-to-live-with product as my shu uemura cleansing oil (pink).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Suselew

I love Clarins products, but, sorry, not this one. There is no way it's worth the money. First, you get so very little of the product. Secondly, you waste it as it dispenses more than you really should be using. Finally, it stings like the dickens. It's supposed to be for sensitive skin? I, generally, have no reaction to products, but this was not comfortable to use at all. And, very greasy.

I was hoping to find something to calm my red irritated face but this actually made it much worse. I returned it and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ongliza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the Clarins facial oil series. The lotus oil is great for combination skin or the oily bits. I use it for the T-zone. HOwever, I have extremely thin and sensitive skin, especially over the cheeks. They get so red, flaky and sensitive in the winter or whenever the temperature has been unstable. I have been using this on and off since my university days and I still go back to it when my skin needs some real therapy. My skin hardly tolerates anything and won't even tolerate a lot of the stuff for 'sensitive' skin. I have even tried 'Organic Pharmacy' which costs a bomb! Their products smell nice but the sensitive skin care range by Clarins works better for sensitive skin. Defintely a product for stabilising the skin.