April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. Pros: Nice glow, Good coverage the first 3-4 hours, skin feels soft , supple and pretty

Cons: All of the good things about this foundation only last about 3-4 hours. No staying power. As the day goes on it kind of glides off the skin leaving the skin with really no coverage. Even if i use good amounts of powder over it it just comes right off. And the color range of this foundation is not the best for people with yellow/olive undertones. I have the color sand beige and its too pink/beige for my skin. Leaves my skin with a grayish cast. Honey beige might have been a little better but not sure.

A good foundation if you only need it to last for a couple of hours. But for the price it should have had a much better staying power. Will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by HollyOfTheValley

I've been obsessed with finding the best foundation and after reading all the great reviews I had to give this a try. But honestly I'm not that impressed with it. The SA brushed this on half of my face (the other half had Guerlain lingerie) and tried telling me how much better it looked. It didn't. What really bothered me is at this obnoxious price it's main ingredient is vaseline (petrolatum) which can't be good for acne prone skin as I do. It did last as well throughout the day as the Guerlain. The biggest problem is that it did not have as much "full" coverage as I had hoped for. I would classify as medium-full coverage, and of course overpriced. Perhaps I will give it one more try at the counter and insist on building more over pigmented areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Sheahh

I started using this foundation a few weeks ago and so far I love it. It gives me great coverage that looks natural. This foundation gives my skin a natural healthy glow and also makes my skin feel a little bit firmer and very soft. I will definitely buy this again. So far I like this foundation better than other foundations I've used in the past. I can justify the price because you also get the concealer. The foundation and concealer both cover really well so I don't need to use that much which means it will last a long time, alot longer than other foundations I've used in the past. I used the anti aging foundation from la prairie in the past it was ok but I think this foundation is so much better. Some other foundations I have used are Cle De Peau - which gives amazing coverage but I wouldn't recommend it for people who have large pores because it seems to make them stand out. Sisley oil free foundation - looked very natural and made my pores appear smaller but did not cover well at all. La mer Cream foundation - Improved the condition of my skin but it didn't cover as much as I wanted it to.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by helena2

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation.

First off, let me provide some background of my skin for reference. My skintone has a lot of olive in it. In the MAC scale, it gets anywhere from NC30 to NC37 during the year. Currently (when my skin is probably the palest of the year), some other foundation shades that match me are: Laura Mercier Creme Smooth foundation in Sunny Beige, Shu Uemura Face Architect 754, Cle de Peau O30, Stila Natural Finish foundation in “e”. I have combination skin.

First let me talk about the color. I bought this in Sand Beige. This is the most yellow of all the “beige” ones in this line. On my hand and in the store, it looked perfect. However, when I looked at myself under sunlight, it was obvious that this shade is too dark and orange, and it created a huge contrast with my neck with is naturally paler and more olive than my face.

I went back and talked to a different SA, who suggested that I should get Beige instead. I asked for some samples to take home first, before making any exchanges. Beige is much paler than Sand Beige, and is less yellow. The lightness/darkness probably matches my neck, but it’s much more pink. So my face looks pale pink, while my neck looks pale green. This looks more natural than Sand Beige, but I am still not happy with the match. At $180, I would expect the foundation to work perfectly. I tried mixing it with other illuminators or put powder foundation over it – but then it occurred to me that if I am paying that price, I really should not have to be working so hard to “get it to work”.

Now, onto the texture of this formula. That, hands down, is the most luxurious foundation I have ever tried. It applies like a dream, as if I were putting on a deluxe moisturizer. It has a smell similar to their caviar serum, though not as strong. I love that smell. (But also note that I am a fragrance junkie, so my tolerance for scents is probably higher than the average consumer.) And the finish is dewy – one of the best I have seen in foundations. However, I do not find it lasting more than a few hours. By lunch time, I could see the freckles and discolorations under the foundation. It does a pretty good job in minimizing the pores though. So I guess this is about medium coverage.

Overall, it is a real shame that they do not have a shade olive enough for me. The texture is top-notch. If you can find a good match for your skin tone, this would be a wonderful foundation. Sadly, I will be returning my Sand Beige since none of the colors worked.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by gcicero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin looks flawless every time. Only makeup product that feels like an anti-aging lotion on. Expensive:(
btw...I usually like Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation in Sunny Beige or Stila Illuminating Foundation in 30watts. In LaPaiarie Beige is a perfect color match.
UPDATE: Been using this product for over six months now, still have 3/4 of the bottle left and I am even more in love with it. The amount of time this lasts me is really starting to justify the price. You can have sheer to full coverage depending on application (i use a makeup sponge for sheer to medium full coverage and a foundation brush for full coverage). On most days I do not bother to set my face with powder, yet this foundation stays on all day without powder. It is the first foundation I have ever worn that when I wash my face at the end of the day, I can see it come off on the cleansing brush. It has incredible staying power. Since I started wearing skin caviar foundation people have started to tell me what amazing skin I have on a regular basis. Lately makeup artists I know keep asking me to be a face model to show people how to apply different looks, etc. since 'you have such perfect skin'. I try to tell them I really just have perfect foundation (my skin is splotchy, occasional breakouts, dark circles and big pores). While these face model requests are becoming regular now, this never happened before I started wearing SC foundation. Also, it must have enough anti-aging ingredients to be effective. For the last 3 years people have consistently thought i was 3-5 years older than I am. The last few months (after wearing this almost daily for about 4 months) people I'm constantly being mistaken for 4-6 years younger than my actual age. And when I tell people my age no one believes me. Nothing else in my skin care routine has changed. Maybe not great for deep wrinkles, but it definitely fights the first signs of aging (i'm 24 for reference). if your considering purchasing this go to your local neiman marcus and check it out. I am a poor grad student and still think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not really a fair review because I have only worn this foundation one day. But, I am going to review this foundation anyway and then update if things change. I am searching for a new liquid foundation that really makes my skin glow. This one feels like it could be the one. But, I am cautious because my skin broke out from the last 2 foundations I've tried. I went to the mall wearing Estee Lauder's Double Wear, and I left wearing this. I didn't want to like it, but I feel compelled to review it right now. My skin is sensitive. The mua took off my DW foundation with a liquid makeup remover, and my face turned bright red. She did follow it up with an anti-redness product that did not soak into my skin. I wiped it off. Then, she applied this. One of the ladies from a different department told me that I looked like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all. My skin is dry/sensitive and has been acne prone. I took a mirror outside, and beige was a good match. My skin looked lovely, velvety with a slight dewiness. It looked young, and my fine lines didn't stand out so much. Now, she did use some of the concealer under my eyes, and I felt that as the day wore on, it settled into my fine lines. I will have to play with that a bit and see if I can apply it lighter. But, I got my hair done last night, and whenever I see my reflection in the mirror as I'm looking at my 21 year old hair stylist, I always feel like I look really old. I did not feel that way last night -- hence my immediate review. I think this will last me 8 months to a year. It definitely is a splurge. I will update if this makes me break out since I am on the watch for it. So far, I really like it. Update: 11/17 - Still loving it. I think it wears well, I just use my fingers to apply it. The color does fade a bit from my red spots about 6 to 7 hours after wearing it, but not too much. I still love this!Update: 6 months later -- I have most of my concealer left and am down to the last 15% of my foundation. So, it isn't lasting me quite as long as I thought it would. To be fair, I guess I have had this almost 6 months, and I might be applying this a tad heavy. But, this has kept my skin feeling young, firm, and moisturized. My skin is sensitive and I have been prone to breakouts, but this stuff is still solid gold! I definitely recommend giving it a try. And, for those who say foundation doesn't match their necks, I learned a trick. My neck is much later than my face. So, I can either match my face or my neck. I usually match my face. I was told to put a bit of bronzer on my neck, and that helps with the mismatch.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by haiger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best Foundation on the planet!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

Now I remember why I have a bottle of this stunning foundation sitting in drawer...unused... It breaks me out! This comes with a hidden concealer compartment on the top of the bottle. Both foundation and concealer are great products. This foundation feels unlike any other. It is so luxurious, it coves beautifully and it looks natural! Since ir breaks me out, I sometimes sneak it in with my other foundations.. Guess what? It still breaks me out. It only takes a single application to get me red cysts that last for ever :(
Colour selection is not great either. I find that with all LP make up. Even lipsticks. I'll give this to my sister. She adores it and does not break her out.
A nice alternative to this is Laura Mercier silk creme. It provides full coverage does not break me out, feels lighter on the skin and it costs 1/5 of the price.
Another good foundation is EL maximum cover.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by moonluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am actually writing about samples I received. This is a very generous company, and they will send you several samples if you ask. They sent me 4 packs of Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in both Tender Peche and Sand Beige. They also sent me 4 packs of Threads of Life perfume, which I did not request but was THRILLED with.

So far, I am pleased with the coverage this makeup gives me for my acne-scarred, reddish skin. It covers broken blood vessels and pimples pretty well. It is easy to put on -- glises on -- and a little drop of it covers your whole face.

Not too much oily breakthrough so far either. Tender Peche is a little, well, too "peachy" for me, but other than that -- pretty darn good, even in the mirror in the car in the winter sunlight.

I will wait and see how long it wears and if it breaks me out. Will post again in a few days, With the $180 price tag, will need to take for a looong test drive.

********editing*********** this stuff BROKE ME OUT badly. DO NOT SPEND the $$ if you are prone to breakouts!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by krkrkristin

great coverage...medium to full...and the color honey beige matched great with NC35...and it looked like my face glowed and dewy after application...BUT my skin broke out like crazy. Ive worn it for 7 months and at the end of every day I see little white heads every where