December 21, 2014 | 1599 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by susieax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love my Mac lipsticks! I have far too many in every colour and finish. However, this one - I feel - is the most overrated. It left my lips dry and patchy within a few hours wear which is unusual for Mac lipsticks, I usually don't even have to bother wearing a lip primer. If you like red lips, then obviously when you buy Mac, you know the pigment is going to be fantastic, but don't expect it to wear brilliantly - there are better ones out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by AB188

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wasnt red but dark pink on me; too drying. Shame as i love Mac lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by violamaria1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the best red ever!! People say its drying but I don't think so. live a life of exfoliated lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by XeniB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, this is the best red of all times..Yes, indeed, it is drying but that's the magic in it. You can find plenty of moisturizing lipsticks on the market but NONE of them will look like Ruby Woo. It is totally matte, you can see that hint of shine in any other red matte lipstick but not in this one. I absolutely adore the shade and the texture. And btw, if you have drying lips why buy something that you can understand from the first swatch on your hand that it is not moisturizing at all??

Tip: always use a lipliner with this one. I would suggest Cherry by MAC which, by the way, fits with most of your bright red lipsticks..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by owlowl

I am so disapointing in this lipstick.
Reading all the reviews and listening all the stories about it - I really excepted something special.
First - for me it is not drying at all. It is tricky to aply but ok, I can manage that. But, I am disapointed in poor staying power on my lips. After a short time it starts to vanish from the inside lips. Also, lipstick didn t sucecesfully survive just one drink.
Second - for me, this shade of red is not outstanding. In fact, when I applied it i was pretty indifferent for it. I found much better shades in other makeup brands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

great vintage red looks lovely, yes its matte a little aquphor underneath helps I wear this with Rimmel Diva Red lipliner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lululemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Serious red color that won't quit. This is my first red lipstick and I am in love!

Yes it's meant to be matte and yes it can be a pain to apply but invest in a lip brush and prep your lips before you get started and you're good to go! I've found that this color goes with everything, it's so versatile and really goes the extra mile to dress up any outfit.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by fataignorante1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick! I know it's quite famous, but I just bought it a couple of months ago, and I fell in love immediately!
I really like the red tone (suits me perfectly, I have fair skin with neutral/warm undertones, and dark blonde/copper hair) and the fact that, despite being matte, it does not dry out my lips.
It lasts 2-3 hours, depending on what I'm doing (if I am eating it will of course last less), but I'm fine with this as is not a "long lasting" lipstick.
The only thing, if you have dry or cracked lips before applying it you need to put some moisturizer/lip balm on them.
I will totally buy it again, for me it's a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by classymum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the ULTIMATE matte red lipstick. It has great staying power but for me, I had to partially reapply it after eating dinner. I was a bit surprised that it came off...what this tells me is that you really need to work that stain into your lips so that it sticks. What I did notice is that it did not come off on my wine glass...which is wonderful...a big plus. If you are looking for a gorgeous, glamorous matte red which suits most any skin tone, Ruby Woo is the bomb!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryLa

My favorite lipstick ever, in the history of the world, and time, forever and always.
It's a very bright, slightly cool toned red. The matte makes it so it barely transfers onto other surfaces (cups, my bf's face, etc.), however this does also mean your lips end up a bit dry. It is so lovely, I don't even care about the dryness though. Though lipsticks are rarely "scented," virtually all makeup has it's own light scent, and this is a nice, light sweetness.
Like any red, it's best to apply with a precise brush.
I will never stop buying this.