October 24, 2014 | 1036 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Makeupshails

I love this amazing lipstick .. The color , the pigmentation , the longevity .. It is Awesomeness packed together ...
I was always scared to put on a pure red color thinking it would not suit me .. I tried this after reading all the rave reviews and the moment I tried it at a mac store , it was total love ..
It brightens up my face and can add definition to a regular outfit .. The color is rich and sophisticated and the finish smooth.

The only negative us the matte texture but can be easily worked with some clear lip balm .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an iconic red. It looks good on all skin types. The matte formula makes in very long wearing but it can be drying. It has a pleasant vanilla butter cream scent. The MAC bullet fits well in your pocket for touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nicolam321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE the colour of this lipstick it really suits everyone in my opinion. Its a beautiful blue toned red. Which in my opinion is one of the best types of red lipstick. I bought this on a whim one day at Mac just for the fact it was my first Mac lipstick & I had no redlipsticks in my collection. I brought it home & tried it on, loved the colour but hated the dryness of the lipstick. Now I know it is a retro matte but I've tried alot of Mac's matte finishes & never found them to be as drying as this retro matte. I'm talking dryness to the point where if I'd apply it when I do my makeup, then if I took at drink or ate something during the day & needed to touch up my lipstick it was impossible to do as the lipstick just wouldn't apply on my lips for a second coat without looking cakey & patchy. I was very disappointed. I will however continue to use this lipstick but I'll probably have to wipe the lipstick off whenever I want to reapply instead of just reapplying over what I applied earlier. Gorgeous lipstick just hated the finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is my all time favourite red. It is my go to red now just like Flat Out Fabulous is my go to pink. My only complaint is that it is so dry and flakes on application, even more than the other retro mattes to me and despite perfectly prepped lips. I dont like putting lip gloss over as it negatively impacts the longevity of the lipstick, and to me, its colour.

All this said, I love this colour and stock up on it in the event the people at MAC ever go crazy and discontinue it like they, and all other major cosmetic companies, do to all the other great products I grow to love.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Awele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product.

It immediately brightens my face I dunno how else to express it.

I love it so much, I got one for my sister, cousin, friend and a spare just so I never run out, and they all love me for it. Every woman should have this in her collection.

However, Its a bit dry and can be a pain to get off your lips. I struggle with getting the stain off my lips the next day.

It's not cheap but its worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by jolicorne

Great color! Expensive as usual but worth the price! Aha, actually too matte for my dry lips I must add some mosturizer, lately I bought mac viva glam rihanna and it works great with my lips! xoxo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Finally took the plunge and bought this. I really love it, it's a bright red, on the cool side, but it still looks very good on my warm toned complexion. Very classic red, but still very much an in your face colour (on me at least). A bit hard to apply and touch up though, and a bit drying, 1 lippie of for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Love love ruby woo. I have always been a fan of its formula and so glad mac brought out the retro matte lippies because of ruby woos popularity! Ruby woo is a true matte, no sheen, and prone to stain due to its finish! I love the colour. It's brighter than russian red though similar I feel ruby woo could pull off day time make up than RR. This is a must have red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by shayastha

Absolutely and hands down the best red any brand could come up with. Sort of drying, but a lil balm prior to application makes up for that lacuna. Fantastic pigmentation and shade that goes with every skin tone and/or outfit colour. Smells great too, but I'd like a nicer packaging for such a gorgeous colour, even if it makes it more expensive. Really would add vanity value for me X-D!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by that1makeupgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite matte red lipstick!
Not too bright, but very eye-catching. It makes your teeth look very white and pearly, which is plus.
Only minus is that it's very drying, like all the retro-matte finishes. This one is probably the most drying. Invest in a good lipbalm, and rock it!