MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 3/31/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Redd lip pencil by MAC finally made a believer outta me when it comes to this lipstick. I favor a orange red more than a blue based red so the orange in Redd helps get me that extra something I need to feel comfy wearing ruby woo. I love this and now understand why it is such a classic.

on 3/31/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

my all time fav lippy love it got 2 the perfect red for every skintone very similar to riri woo
the texture is amazing no need to apply lipliner before hand makes lips look bright and full
it just brightens the face when applied
highly recommend it if you are looking for a red lippy

on 3/21/2015 10:25:00 PM

Ruby Woo is one of MAC's most famous lipsticks and is a HG product for many. However, as a retro matte, I found the formula very drying on my lips, making every line and crack show up. I also found the lipstick to be overly hard to apply and chalky. The colour itself is nice, and it lasts for hours and hours, however the formula and drying out issues do not make this product worth its price or the hype. For an alternative red, I would recommend MAC's Ladybug.

on 3/21/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the most expensive lip product I own as well as one of my favourites. The colour is amazing although I don't usually wear it full on. I usually dab it in the inner part of my lips in order to create a gradient effect and it works very well.

Texture & fragrance :
It has a creamy texture that doesn't dry out my lips or accentuate my dry patches. It has ordinary mac lipstick scent.

Packaging :
Comes in the usual mac packaging which I am not too fond of as we can't see the colour of the lipstick outside.

Overall, this is worth the hefty price tag and I would repurchase and recommend this to anyone.

on 3/21/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color! It goes with any skin tone and any look!

on 3/16/2015 2:34:00 AM

I love the color! a lil drying cause of the matt texture..but looks beautiful! especially when done with a simple eye! very retro!

Ruby woo was my first ever product from MAC so it will always have a special place in my heart lol it's a beautiful blue toned red, I use ruby woo whenever I need a little pick me up! Really feel like it brightens my face in a way. It is extremely drying and I do find it quite difficult to apply. I think using a lip liner could help but I have yet to purchase one. I will edit this post when I do! It's a beautiful colour so definitely worth the price :)

on 3/15/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

There is so much hype around ruby woo. I can't say it's not well deserved, because it is a good red lipstick. It lives up to what everyone says. It's a true red, a little drying in the lips, and quite flattering on many skin tones.

That being said, I do think a percentage of the love for ruby woo is hype. Then again, I'm not too much for matte finishes and very much a Russian red kind of girl.

I wanted to love this. I did. But it just doesn't look good on me. Makes me sad.

on 3/13/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this lipstick a while ago, and while on the pricier side of $40 NZ, I couldn't help it! The people at the MAC counter where I bough it were really helpful, and I got to have a look at what it was like on before I bought it.

I had NEVER worn red lipstick before, but I fell in love with the shade of red, and how it looked, so I took the plunge, it looks AMAZING on, and like other reviewers have said it does sort of drag on your lips. I also find that it looks like it's "bleeding" on my lips, no matter what I do (if anyone has any ideas as to what may be happening, or any tips on how I can stop it, it would be so appreciated!).

The color is matte, but I don't think I'd like it if it wasn't, it suits pretty much anyone, I was surprised as I thought it would look weird on me, (for reference I wear Lancome Teint Miracle in No 1 I think, but it's kind of light on me).

It was the one time I spent a lot on lipstick, and I'd happily but it again, I haven't run out yet, and I don't think I will for a while. The one thing I found is that my lipstick broke in half, so I kind of had to squish it back together, I was putting it away and I don't know how but the cap managed to go on a weird angle and squish it. I still love it though.

Overall, really comfortable and would happily buy it again.

Popular Lipsticks