MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Lovely color. I've owned a lot of red lipsticks and never loved them, I liked them but after some time I would just get bored of them. But this time was different cause in my opinion this is the best red lipstick out there. If you are looking for a great red lipstick I suggest you buy this one, you can't go wrong with it. If you are on a budget it may be a little expensive but it's definetely worth the money. It's not super easy to apply, and it can make your lips dry if they are not properly moisturized so the best way to wear it is to exfoliate and moisturize very well before applying and it will look perfect. It lasts all day, I've even eaten while wearing it and it stays in place! I would highly recommend this lipstick!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love my reds, and this is definitely one of them.
I use it with the pencil (http://www.maccosmetics.be/product/shaded/167/340/Products/Lippen/Lip-Pencil/Lip-Pencil/index.tmpl) and I promise you it stays all day/night.
Doesn't even need a retouch after drinks and dinner.

Okay. So let's talk color. This color is amazing. Bright red. It's my favorite red for spring and summer. Used with Cherry lipliner from mac and it's a show stopper.

Let's talk formula. I HATE IT. Sure, it's gorgeous. But for me, the Retro Matte formula is the most uncomfortable thing. If they could remake this color into the normal matte formula it would be a favorite.

TL;DR---
Pros: shade is lovely, incredibly long lasting.
Cons: SO DRYING AND UNCOMFORTABLE.

This shade is GORGEOUS!!!! Just beautiful! The problem is that even for a matte it is SOOOO dry. It really is pretty and a bold look but I don't know how anyone can stand this on their lips for more than photos or a special evening out!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Yesterday, a Philippine tandem called ALDUB broke the tweeter record worldwide. The actress who's name is Maine Mendoza is the other half of the tandem. In a daily basis at the show, she always wear this lipstick. People got curious about it. The lipstick certainly made a statement for her and ofcourse of her beauty. Thanks to her, now, this lipstick is sold out all over the Philippines. I will post a picture of her with the lipstick so you can see how this lipstick brought radiant to her pretty face :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've heard SO much about this lipstick so I got the urge to try it out for myself. I've been bounty hunting for the Perfect red lipstick for months now. I found Jennifer's Red (404) in L'Oreal's Colour Riche Exclusive Collection and I LOVE it! I've seen/read reviews that Jennifer's Red is a similar, but creamier version of Ruby Woo so that made me want to try it even more. I was also extremely disappointed with MAC's Russian Red, so that motivated me as well to find a red that I liked by MAC. Ruby Woo is a nice red that I think is good for any occasion and probably looks good on just about everybody. It is a true red with very little, if any, blue undertones. I like that this lipstick is a TRUE MATTE that hardly transfers and I don't have to worry about reapplying very often. I can't find anything really wrong with this color. It's nice but surprisingly I think I like Jennifer's Red more. I bought two of JLo's red since it's a limited edition. I think Ruby Woo will be my go to red when my favorite runs out, or if I can't find it anymore.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

THIS lipstick! It doesn't let you down. The colour is so vibrant and the staying power is amazing. This lipstick was the first real red lippie I purchased and I adore it. I pair it with MAC Cherry liner. I feel it looks great on all skin tones and doesn't make the colour of the teeth look dull like some reds can. Its also extremely easy to apply. If I don't have any lip liner to hand, Ruby Woo is easily applied without.

The only downside is after hours of wear, it can start to feel a bit dry on your lips, but that's nothing a little touch of gloss cant help!

To sum it up, this is by far my favourite red lipstick. Its cheaper than other high end brands and it lasts forever!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect matte red for a nc42 girl. I still love my red lipstick from nyc

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I never wear red lipstick but after getting this, I am hooked! There is just something about the formula that makes this the perfect red. It's buildable so you can make it a bit subtitle or bold depending on bow heavy handed you are. I will definitely get this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A forever must have. Incredibly pigmented, stays on super well (I've gone through three course dinners, and it's still not in dire need of reapplying afterwards). I'd go as far as saying that if you're gonna own a single red lipstick, it should be this one. The price is definitely reasonable, since what you get is a high quality product. As far as packaging go it's simple but stylish.

Video Reviews & Tutorials