MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 1/20/2015 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the only red lipstick that suits me..absolutely love it. It's such a bold, vivid colour and really makes my lips stand out. Only downside is that it dries out my lips so I have to use lip balm before applying

on 1/19/2015 10:09:00 AM

I really enjoy this lipstick. It's true what they say: it is very drying on the lips; however it doesn't bother me, since it's a not-so-annoyong drying formula: I don't really know how to explain it, but once on the lips you don't really feel it anymore. The color compliments every skintype, so that it looks gorgeous on everyone. You can use it without lip pencil since it's not gonna move and it lasts forever. I definitely rely on it on big occasions, even when I know I'm going to eat.

on 1/18/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Such a great colour! I always get compliments when I wear Ruby Woo. However it is the driest of the retro mattes so a lip primer is a must. I always team it with a lip pencil to get a crisp line. This lippy also lasts over coffee and food. Love it.

on 1/10/2015 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick appears to b everyone's go to red lippy. It is a cult fave for a reason. I honestly never witnessed a person this lipstick did not flatter. Some weaping willows will shy away from a red lip but I ain't one of them! The only issue I have is that it is really REALLY matte and require a little primer or balm underneath and maybe even a gloss on top.

on 1/10/2015 4:55:00 AM

I almost have a love/hate relationship with this lipstick because I absolutely ADORE the way it looks on however applying it is torture sometimes. I have found the best way to apply it is to line my lips first with Brick Red lip liner from M.A.C and then use and extremely small lip brush and press the product on (but be sure to use vaseline or another chapstick before hand as it is very drying, hence retro matte). However if i do get a little on the skin around my mouth i feel like it shows the whole day, no matter if i covered it with foundation. But i find that the troubles in applying are worth it for the look it gives, paired with winged eyeliner it creates a simple and effortless (sort of) pin-up girl look which I love. At the same time a blue-toned red fits my pale skin better but I don't really care as the look and wear time (I've had it on for 10+ hours with only one touch up around the corners of my mouth) Ruby Woo has is most certainly worth it! Definitely repurchase.

on 1/7/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is my very first (High-end) MAC lipstick, and sorry to say that this baby is GORGEOUS AND WOC friendly!!!! Words can't even describe how beautiful this red is for my skin tone. I highly recommend this lipstick b/c it will fit EVERY SKIN TONE!!!! I had this for nearly a month now, and this will be one of the lipsticks I will repurchase!!! Way to go MAC!!!

on 12/30/2014 11:02:00 PM

Perfect red lipstick for my NC15 skin and green eyes. Really pops :) it lasts all day, doesn't smear and looks fabulous

on 12/24/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First time wearing it I got so many compliments! Its truly the best red out there and would suit anyone. I don't even care that it's a bit drying...it is so pretty!

on 12/19/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great lipstick. Since its retro matte it's a lot dryer so it does make your lips feel extremely dry. It's amazing color payoff I like it a lot. It does last pretty long. But can come off when you eat and if you don't wear lip liner make you look clownish.

on 12/18/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is THE red lipstick. It's been raved about endlessly and I still can't rave about it enough - it is a gorgeous, true red and seems to make everything pop.

That said, it is very drying - I find that applying Nivea Milk & Honey lip balm (the one in the yellow tube) beforehand helps however make sure that your lips have been well exfoliated before applying this because it really emphasizes dry patches on your lips.

HIGHLY recommend this. It makes your teeth look really good too.

Popular Lipsticks