MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 12/14/2014 12:08:00 AM

I love red lipstick, but I'm very fussy with what shade of red! I think the shade either makes or breaks a good red lip, and if it doesn't suit your skin tone, it isn't going to flatter. For me, this lipstick is as close to the perfect shade of red that I've found. I think it would be flattering on pretty much all skin tones! It is VERY matte, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing! Why? Because it NEVER rubs off on my teeth (I can't stand lipsticks that do that! Argh!). As long as your lips aren't dry and chapped before application, you should be fine putting this on! It has good staying power too. I use the MAC cherry lipliner with this lipstick and it goes great together. A definite repurchase for me :)

on 12/11/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my first ever MAC lipstick. I bought it because I looooove reds and I love matte lipsticks! The colour is as close to perfect as you can hope for, it really is amazing! Only problem is that this lipstick is verrrrrrry drying compared to other brands and other MAC lipsticks (even the matte ones)! However, all of this can be solved with lip exfoliation and a good lip balm before applying. I love the smell of this lipstick too and the staying power is also amaaaaazing!

on 11/28/2014 6:28:00 AM

I love Mac matte lipsticks and this is my perfect red. Paired with cherry liner it looks flawless. It is drying so exfoliation and lip balm before this is a must. I love the look it gives me. I love this so much I convinced my best friend to wear it on her wedding day and she had no regrets. It's a show stopper for sure. Quite similar to Tom Ford's Cherry Lush in shade not consistency. Fab for all occasions and all skin tones. You will not regret this purchase. It is the best red I've found on my pale Irish skin, black hair and blue/grey eyes. I feel like a real life Snow White with this on. My Italian sister in law with her beautiful Mediterranean skin, chocolate brown hair and brown eyes looks fantastic with this on. My cool toned, pale skin, green eyed, platinum blonde best friend looks radiant with this on. It also looks amazing on African skin, this is probably my favourite skin tone to see it on. I LOVE how it looks on darker skin tones. HG red. It's a no-brainer with fake lashes, winged liner and harmony blush. I think it also looks fab with a gold metallic eye or a bronze smoky eye and warm soul blush. Also, pairing it with burgundy liner gives an interesting take. Or, nightmoth for an ombre look. Will always repurchase.

on 11/22/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

love this lipstick OMG...im a NC45 in mac and I love the Drama!! This shade of Red gives me...i can dress it down for a casual day...Or Spice it all the way up For a Date night!!! Best Mac purchase so far...love love love

on 11/22/2014 2:44:00 PM

This is my all time favorite shade of red, and i love how fresh it looks!
You can pull it off day and night, the shade is stunning and brightens up my face (and whitens my teeth)
The only con is the fact that it will make your lips as dry as the desert.

I'm at my second tube, i finished half of the first one before it was lost and i can't live without it!will repurchase over and over.

on 11/20/2014 4:03:00 PM

I love this shade of red and the staying power, but you need to moisturize your lips before or it will look way too dry/chalky. Looks awesome w Cherry lip liner by MAC.

on 11/18/2014 10:35:00 PM

I love this! Its such a great lipstick, it lasts ages, is a lovely bright colour and makes teeth look white!

on 11/12/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite red lipstick ever, HANDS DOWN. Ruby woo is a very vivid bright blue based matte lipstick. This lipstick looks like velvet on the lips and the finish is amazing, it's super matte and that's what I love about it. It stays on all day and I rarely have too touch up throughout the day. This is a one of a kind red and I feel so confident and beautiful when I wear it. I always get compliments on this lipstick. Ruby Woo also looks good on EVERYONE. It doesn't matter if you have very pale skin or very dark skin because this lipstick makes everyone look stunning. I would defenitly reccomend this lipstick too anyone who's looking for a kick ass matte red. ps ; mac lipsticks smell amazing!!

on 11/12/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my favourite lipsticks. The best part about this product is that anyone can use it regardless of their skin tone. It's really red, it lasts, it's matte which is a plus in my book. It's a must have I made all my friends get it heehee.

on 11/10/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My very first MAC lipstick. I have been wearing Ruby Woo for years and it is still my favorite. It is a bright true red that looks absolutely stunning on me. I always get compliments when I wear this lipstick especially from men lol. It is sexy! It is quite dry so I advise that lips are exfoliated and moisturized before application. This is the perfect lipstick to wear if you want to not worry about reapplying and touching up, it really stays put. No bleeding. No smudging off. No kissing off lol. Ruby Woo is most definitely a MUST HAVE! Everyone should own it ;)

ps. I sometimes pair it with MAC's Cherry, Vino or Currant lip liner.

Popular Lipsticks