April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by purplepandabeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this I have it in the brown one or normal. I use it every day with a big fluffy brush. It's around 5$ so its pretty inexpensive too! I would really recommend trying this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had this product when it was still in its old packaging, i bought the green compact for sensitive skin..it was my first ever pressed powder when i starting experiencing with different makeup,, and i have to say, man i hated it..at the beginning i actually thought it was decent probably cuz i didn't know any better, but after using it for a while i noticed how incredibly chalky it looked on my face,,it was so dull looking and made my face a little white..it was dead matte,,not the good kind of matte that makes you look shine free but matte in a bad way,, the little applicator puff thing was also dreadful,,use it if you want to achieve the zombie walking under sunlight look. i threw it out when i hit pan on it and never wanted to buy it again..i hope they have changed the formula in the new packaging, maybe then i would try it again when it's on 80% off sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This was my first powder, got it in the beginning of highschool & it was all i used. This product does take away the shine & absorbs oils, but doesn't last too long if you have super oily skin. I mainly used this on my t zone. Throughout the day i would re apply probably twice. It does have a bit coverage, great for redness around the cheeks. One con might be that it does have a smell to it. Its not pleasant but not exactly a horrible smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cover Girl powder compacts were THE status symbol of my middle school. The intoxicating scent of Noxema takes me back to the locker room, when life was simpler. After a decade of ignoring CG products, I picked up a clearanced Clean powder compact at the drugstore for $2 since I was out of powder and in a pinch. I will finish this, eventually, for the scent and memories alone, but the performance is subpar- super chalky and almost no coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

First drugstore powder. Terrible - Chalky, blotchy, gross. Turned my skin VERY orange and It felt REALLY heavy after a little while. Color Selection is terrible too - apparently EVERYBODY has cool undertones. What about us girls with Warm undertones? >_< I can't see this working for people who have dry or oily skin. Save up for something a bit better. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been a staple in my makeup routine for years. It's the only thing that comes close to matching my super pale skin in the drugstore. I covers well, doesn't look chalky, and controls shine. A good, cheap powder that doesn't break me out either. It's good for throwing in your purse for touchups. The mirror inside is pretty big, so that's really convenient too! I will always go back to this stuff, unless they screw up the formula!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by jenni1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder was great, it has light coverage and eliminates shine. The only downside is that it smells like old lady, but you get used to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by larsonwendy

I love the clean liquid foundation. However I hated the pressed powder.
The greasies come through immediately.

The only plus that I can give it is the color range. My skin is so light (MAC NC15) that I can never find drugstore powders that match me (even translucent can be too dark) and the Ivory color matched me well...I just wish it lasted longer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite assurances to the contrary from the CG website, Buff Beige does *not* equal Translucent Medium in (what was) Fresh Complexion or Fresh Look pressed powders. After 10+ years, Cover Girl has kicked me to the curb. Have it your way, Cover Girl. Peace.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

It was about $5 at my Walmart and I had a $3 off coupon so I grabbed the powder.
- Low price, about $5 at local drugstores.
- Sleek and sturdy packaging, albeit chunky, can be tossed into my purse without worrying about a powdery mess ( aka MAC Studio Fix)
- Color selection is limited. I could not find a shade that is yellow enough for my Asian NC 35 skin tone, even though my skin is on the neutral side. Buff Beige has yellow undertone but a tad light, the next yellow shade Soft Honey is dark and Medium Light is just too pinkish. For a setting powder Medium Light is passable.
- I apply the powder with my Ecotools Powder Brush. Coverage is sheer to none but I don't mind since it's a setting powder. The powder however accentuates my dry patches. Now onto the oil control CG Clean Pressed Powder promise. Epic failure! For the first hour or so the powder keeps my face matte, but then it oxidizes into a hideous orange shade, feels cakey and utterly uncomfortable. And my face is oily, like 4 to 5 hours oily without touch ups kinda thing. Straight to the trashcan!