Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil

4.3

Water, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Di PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Oat), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am surprisingly really loving this product. for reference i have super sensitive eczema skin on my arms, and dry skin elsewhere, and KP on my arms (i know , fun right?)
i need my moisturizer to
- absorb quickly
- NOT irritate my skin (especially my eczema parts)
- moisturize well (it's winter after all)
- NOT clog my KP skin

this lotion has all those qualities. where to begin.. hmmm price
it's not that expensive actually ? you get a 12oz bottle for 8.99 (cvs. walgreens etc, so it'll probably be even cheaper elsewhere like target or walmart)
this stuff absorbs instantly, exactly like Cerave Lotion, has the same consistency. Leaves my skin soft, supple to the touch, with no film left behind. It has added fragrance (i prefer none) but miraculously, my sensitive skin hasn't been bothered by it at all. and it's very pleasant. It smells like almond and vanilla? kind of like an Orange Julius (if you remember/know those). Best of all it's cheaper than cerave, which is a plus. Cerave's hyaluronic acid power won't work for me during this time of year . Hyaluronic is great to utilize if you live in a very humid climate, but my climate (SoCal + Winter) is very dry, so HA wont work very well. this stuff uses oils to hydrate and oatmeal to soothe the skin. as well as glycerin to bind water to skin (humectant) and some dimethicone to lock it in.

Water , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed OilSesame , Di PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Adipate , Glycerin , Hydrogenated Polydecene , Dimethicone , Cetearyl Alcohol , Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel OilOat , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel FlourOat , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG 100 Stearate , Magnesium Aluminium Silicate , Xanthan Gum , Diazolidinyl Urea , Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Lauroyl Lysine , Methylparaben , Ethylparaben , Propylparaben , Sodium Hydroxide , BHT , Tetrasodium EDTA , Fragrance

Love this lotion! I used a friend's years ago while we were on a trip and one of the first things I got when we returned was my own bottle. I almost never finish lotion bottles because I get bored with the scent quickly or they're not moisturizing enough, but I'm on my third ACMO in less than a year. It's a little more than I'd usually spend on a lotion but to me it's worth it. It moisturizes like an oil but doesn't leave behind an oily feeling. Some people mentioned the smell but it's never bugged me before and doesn't linger on my skin.

This review is for Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil, the one with the pink top. :>) Moisturizing OIls are tricky imo. Some are too oily, some not enough. Imo this is special because I think this is called an "oil in water" emulsion type of formula.

I get out of the bath and before I air dry, I start applying this from the neck down. I think that this way the oil in the formula seals the moisture into my skin. The moisture in the formula (the water part) adds to this and makes my skin feel really nice and silky.

The effect does last for several hours, perhaps all day. Aveeno makes a series of these very sensible products that I've used for years and I hope that they do not stop. I do find it's a bit harder to find the basic line since they have added so many more scented products (Active Naturals), so I now purchase them from Amazon in bulk.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

My HG moisturizer! On my second bottle of this stuff. I really wanted a body oil, but one that soaked in quickly. This is like a hybrid oil/lotion. Moisturizers all day and fast like an oil, but goes on smooth like a lotion. I was worried since it does have fragrance in it, and I am super sensitive. But when I put it on my legs there was no irritation! It is pricey compared to Vaseline, etc. lotions. But if are used to buying more expensive drugstore lotion like Eucerin or Aveeno it is pretty average.
So even though this has fragrance, I approve it for all us fragrance-free product buyers.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I LOVE the smell. It's like sweet almond but it's not overpowering. The texture when you rub it on is so nice. The consistency isn't oily/greasy at all. But this nothing. My hands are super dry after using this. I would not buy again even though I really love the smell. The lavender Aveeno (stress relief) works so much better

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was so excited to see this product! I love body lotions and body oils, so I thought finally i wont have to make my own concoctions! Alas...even this is not enough for my dry skin, I'm going to keep it but I have to add some Vitamin E oil (My skin is very dry and starts to feeling itchy if I don't put lotion immediately following a shower and after applying this I'm still itchy. It does smells quite nice. But my search for a creamy moisturizing lotion continues...

**EDIT** 02/24/12 I found my receipt and returned it to Target. I'm not one with sensitive skin. But this Aveeno one made me itch like crazy! I was sad to return but knew that this was the only new product I had been using and was the culprit.

I used to be someone who would only apply hand cream once every one to two weeks, but after I began working in a hospital where hand hygiene is very important, my hands can get rather dry if I do not apply hand cream once every few days. I have tried a bunch of other creams, but this product is the only one that works for me, especially after coming home from a long day at work. I must admit that it does not help much when it comes to parts of my body like my extremely dry elbows or legs, but nothing has.. and at least this really helps my hands. After using it once, my hands are back to being soft again for a few days. The smell is definitely a bonus, too! I always take a sniff before I apply it on myself.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i really like this on moderately dry days. on super dry days it would be like i didn't apply this at all. my skin would get papery and ashy within a couple of hours. but other than that, when used on the proper days, it makes my skin feel and smell really good. i hate feeling greasy, which is what the Aveeno lotion in the blue color does to me. this one absorbs fast and smells so good! i usually don't like almondy smells but i like this because it's light and not overwhelming at all. plus i think my boyfriend really likes the smell. he tends to like light, sweet scents, and he loves almond jello :D

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I quite like this body lotion but I wouldn't buy it again. It is fairly moisturising and it sinks in very quickly does not leave a greasy feel at all but the scent, while nice, is very very strong. And it doesn't moisturise any better than other cheaper DS products. I did like the pump applicator which is easier and cleaner to use, especially with wet hands, but it prevent you easily getting to the last bit of product and given the price of this product I wasn't willing to waste it. It's not moisturising enough for me during the winter and has no SPF for summer so again it was nice, but I wouldn't repurchase.

I agree with most of the other reviewers, this is a decent everyday moisturizer, non-greasy and smells of almonds and vanilla. I don't actually use this daily, more like once a week or so, I prefer unscented lotions and only use this when I want to smell like it because it does have quite a strong scent. I also agree that if you have very dry skin that this will not add enough moisture. I do love the sheen it gives my skin, thanks to the oil formulation. I think this is the best "oil" body moisturizer because it sinks right in and isn't greasy. I will repurchase, but I wish it was a bit cheaper or bigger because I do have to use a lot at one time.