November 27, 2014 | 1210 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I first received this as a gift when my fiance took a trip to Paris to visit relatives. Now..realize that I was never much of a "perfume" girl because so many scents give me a massive headache that my fragrance collection is really very limited. Anyway...from the second I first used this I loved the scent--the test would be waiting for the headache. Suffice it to say, I never got a headache!
Since then, this has been my go-to, regular, every day scent. It is clean and not heavy at all, but during the day it leaves a subtle scent. It really feels so fresh!! This is the only scent I've worn where so many people have asked me what scent I'm wearing--because they love it. In fact, I actually had a guy follow me throughout a store one day to find out the name b/c he wanted to purchase it for his wife. I love L'Instant and always get it when I'm in France--it is actually easier to come by there than over here.
I'm also totally in love with Guerlain's L'Heur Bleu--OMG. I love that scent so much..that said, due to our personal body chemistry, we all wear our scents differently. My fave may be your clothspin-over-the-nose scent and visa versa. However, Geurlain just has so many beautiful scents.
Hope this helps!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by chimpyblue05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved the scent of this on a scent strip, but it turned into disgusting baby powder with a hint of jasmine on me. Not only that, it's very strong. I don't know which note makes things turn into baby powder smell, but things do have a tendency to go that way on me, so if you have the same problem, I would steer clear of this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by caita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

so sweet and feminine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Luca Turin's review of L'Instant -- something that sounds like a great idea when you're drunk and then the next morning, you're just kicking yourself. I totally agree and would add that during that drunken fit, what an effing grand time you're having. Forget the perfume snobs, though. This is a great scent -- and probably the first "grown up" perfume I ever bought. I fell in love with it because it seemed so elegant and ladylike, all the things I wanted to be. Now I know the perfume snobs hate it because they see it as bringing down the house of Guerlain. Whatever. This was my first Guerlain fragrance and it served as an intro to the even better things their house had to offer: L'Heure Bleue, Chamade...we could go on forever here. With hindsight, I can see the validity of the argument that Instant doesn't quite fit in with the illustrious company of Guerlain's other perfumes. But, again: whatevs, man. Instant's sillage is great, the longevity is great. Compared to Shalimar, it's mediocre...but what isn't mediocre when compared to Shalimar? In short, I'd say Instant is a naive young woman's vision of what an elegant, chic perfume smells like. I wore this once and one of my girlfriends told me I smelled like a young woman who knows what she wants out of life -- what better compliment is there?

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah, i'm in love with this fragrance! I'm way too picky when it comes to fragrances, i try every new product on the market and usually end up dissapointed by the lack of that "something" that makes a perfume special. I'm generally a fan of Italian signature fragrances but this time, a French one stole my heart. L'Instant de Guerlain is a very sensual, feminine musky/oriental perfume. Whenever i wear it i instantly lighen up and feel super sexy no matter if i'm in my jeans or a killer dress. When i first bought it, my boyfriend couldn't stop smelling my neck. Last week, i went to a friend's dinner party and when i entered the room everybody asked me if i was the one that smelled that great. Everyday people on the street stop and ask me what perfume i'm using! You'll probably think i'm exaggerating but i'm only writing this review to spread the word... Do try it if you have purchased many perfumes but noone was the ideal for you. Picking a perfume is way too personal and by no way am i suggesting that since i love it, you have to love it too. I'm only saying that you should try it =)

Top Notes: mandarin and bergamot
Middle Notes: magnolia, ylang ylang, sambac jasmine, iris
Base Notes: vanilla, musk, benzoin, amber

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

L'Instant de Guerlain is a beautiful, soft, powdery floral, with the classic Guerlain vanilla drydown. I agree that it feels brighter than Jicky and Shalimar. Gentle and ultra-feminine. The lasting power is great. I don't know if I'd recommend it for the boardroom (you might want something with more backbone), but great for most other occasions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There's a luscious honeyed floral in here somewhere, but it's buried in spiny synthetic notes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by BebethDam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this perfume in a set. It came with a candle! I must say, I fell in love with this fragance. My husband loves it on me. lol. I save it for special occasion ( special date with the hubster...) I feel so womanly with this fragrance!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by RedHeadGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I bought this as part of my continuting search for a new signature fragrance (Boucheron's Initial is discontinued.) I do like it. It is warm, spicy, and floral at the same time.

If I had to describe it to someone who is unfamiliar with perfume lingo, I would say it smells like rice pudding and roses.

I do notice that when I wear it, people tend to stop and talk to me a bit more than ususal. I am not sure if that is a coincedence or if it has something to to with the fragrance.

I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Alleyhen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I stopped in at my local beauty discount store in search of my favorite fragrance, L'Instant Magic...the gentleman helping me said he had just 1 bottle left, and only $24! My heart dropped when I saw that it was L'Instant de Guerlain. He opened it anyway and sprayed some on my wrist. Hmmm, sharper, some similarities...I wore it around as I shopped and, like its sister "Magic", it developed into a new scent with time!
L'Instant is different than Magic in that it is less sweet, but they both share the delicious powdery essence. L'Instant is warmer and creamier, and reminds me of summer flowers, vs. Magic's more vanilla- sugar drydown. So I bought it!

Bottom line: I really liked "L'Instant" ALOT the longer I wore it. And after spritzing some on before I went to bed, the covers and my bathrobe smelled beautiful the next morning! A gentle powder + summer lilies fragrance. I think if I layer a little vanilla with it, I'll have a VERY close runner-up to my beloved L'Instant Magic. Even on its own, L'Instant will be a frequent go-to perfume for me. Soft and distinctive...yummy!