August 28, 2014 | 1725 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by anthony94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the 3 step system just over a week. When I first bought it I fell in love. Just after 1 to 3 days the pores in my nose were becoming less noticeable, my white head breakouts were becoming smaller and fewer. It does dry my face and sometimes my skin would start to flake. This is happening less and less now because I use a moisturizer and I think my skin is getting adjusted to it. Unfortunately I started breaking out again so I am going to give it another couple weeks. My face does feel very clean after I use it. I would have given it a 5 if I didn't just have a bad break out recently and the fact that it dries the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kthall25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this line from Clinique! My skin is fair and sensitive and before using this I was prone to breakouts, some bad, almost always in the same spots. I used Proactiv and it worked at first but soon I found out that it didn't work very well. But I didn't know what else to try. I have used other popular brands such as Clean & Clear and Neutrogena and I haven't found one product that helped me, especially long term. I decided to try this line because I trusted Clinique when it came to skin care. The first time I used this I loved it. My skin felt smoother and cleaner than ever before and that was only after one wash! All the products are light but they did a lot for my skin. My skin has never been clearer and if I do break out (due to hormones and things beyond my control) they are much much smaller and a lot more manageable than ever before. I have not broken out like I used to in years. The price is not bad since I don't need to buy it too often and since I don't have to use a lot of foundation, I can say that it probably saves me money there. I would definitely say that these products are better than Proactiv and most acne lines. I would say use this product and stick with it. It is a good choice for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Jlab25

I've been using this product for 3 weeks now and have been seeing consistent improvement in my skin. To provide an accurate review of the product I think it's important to describe my skin type. I have mild to moderate breakouts depending on the season/day and I almost always suffer from hyper pigmentation post acne. I would say this product works well for me because of my moderate acne issues. Prior to purchasing this product I was suffering from the worst acne breakout I have ever had, and my usual routine was not helping improve the situation. I purchased this line because Clinique products go really well with my skin type. Specifically, I purchased the bar soap instead of the liquid, acne toner lotion, and opted not to buy the moisturizer because it has benzyl peroxide which I'm allergic to. After using for 3 weeks my skin has improved significantly, so much so this will adhere as my normal facial routine. The huge pimples I had before are gone and I have not experienced any new bumps during my use and my dark spots are fading! I'm really happy with the results. As far as the products go, I really like bar soaps over liquid because of a cleaner feeling and it lasts longer. In regards to the toner, it does an amazing job clearing the skin and balancing skin tone. Overall, I gave the line 4 lippies mainly because it's not quick solution as I have heard with other acne lines/products. Nonetheless it has worked really well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by artello1246

My photographer told me to start using Clinique products for my acne problem when I began modeling. The first couple days of using the 3 step system, my face completely rejected it! I peeled, I turned red, and my eyes were irritated. But DONT GIVE UP, because I kept using it despite these effects, and my sensitive skin adjusted and began to clear up with in a week! Its been exactly a month now and my pores have significantly reduced and so have the inflamed pimples that would pop up all the time. The combination of salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide are harsh so I use a different moisturizer at night to compensate for the dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is an OK acne line. It's about the same cost as proactiv, maybe a little less expensive. For the price of this line, I don't think it's worth it. I used this 3-step system for about 6 months and I didn't see much improvement. The cleanser is extremely mild, and does not have enough power to remove makeup alone. The cleansing lotion (toner) is pretty good. The clearing moisturizer is the most effective, but also stains your towels and pillow like crazy because it has benzoyl peroxide in it. And don't be fooled by the name, this is NOT moisturizing and most people cannot use it on their whole face. I used it as a spot treatment and it is the only part of the line that actually worked for me.

A huge concern I have with this line is WHY is there Sucrose and Sorbitol in the products?!
Overall this is an average line that didn't do much for my skin. If anything, I would only buy the clearing moisturizer (Step 3) and use it as a spot treatment overnight.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ampmouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer and have been using it for about 2 years now. The only problem is the cost. It is SO expensive, and the places that actually carry Clinique products are at least 20 minutes from my house...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Emabo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've stuck with this product for awhile now, and I'm halfway through all of the products. I had high expectations, and sadly I have to report that Clinique did not meet them. Starting out I typically had 15-20 pimples on my face at any given time, and now I have 10-12. Improved, but not good enough for me to spend 50$. At points my face would be EXTREMELY dried out, and you could see my flaky skin under my makeup. None of the products irritated my skin in the process, though. I did use it every morning/night as I was supposed to, so I have to say I am writing off the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by wabuaita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only place I have acne is my forehead, so I figured I would try something gentle and for all skin types. This line made my skin feel SUPER soft but it did NOT help with my breakouts. It didn't make them worse either. So that's why I gave it a 3. I used it twice a day for a month and saw absolutely no change. It's a good product if you have clear skin and want to take care of it and keep it smooth and clean. But I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking to clear up stubborn acne. Also, I did not buy the moisturizer that came with this line, I bought Clinique's dramatically different hydrating gel instead. The lady at the counter said most people preferred this one anyway. I loved that it was a pump because it always dispensed the perfect amount! It went on smooth and did not leave my skin feeling greasy, nor did it break me out. It also lasts an extremely long time, which made it worth the price.

Bottom line - if you have clear skin and want to maintain it, I recommend this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sammyk0303

I bought this about a week ago because my breakouts were getting worse and for the first few days it worked fell. Now i'm still using it but it has dried my face out to the point where it is flakey and burning!! I stopped using the second step so much so now I only use it at night time but it still hasn't gotten better and the moisturizer isn't helping. As for my acne.. it cleared up a lot but now i have dry skin where my acne use to be

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Mareez

I have tried soooo many acne treatments to get rid of my acne. I decided to try the clinique acne solutions line and I'm so glad I did. It has been the only thing that has helped clear up my skin although I do get the occasional breakout but my skin has never looked better. All my friends and family have told me how clear my skin looks since I started using it :). I have repurchased many times and will continue to as long as my skin needs it.