April 18, 2014 | 1655 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Emabo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've stuck with this product for awhile now, and I'm halfway through all of the products. I had high expectations, and sadly I have to report that Clinique did not meet them. Starting out I typically had 15-20 pimples on my face at any given time, and now I have 10-12. Improved, but not good enough for me to spend 50$. At points my face would be EXTREMELY dried out, and you could see my flaky skin under my makeup. None of the products irritated my skin in the process, though. I did use it every morning/night as I was supposed to, so I have to say I am writing off the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by wabuaita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only place I have acne is my forehead, so I figured I would try something gentle and for all skin types. This line made my skin feel SUPER soft but it did NOT help with my breakouts. It didn't make them worse either. So that's why I gave it a 3. I used it twice a day for a month and saw absolutely no change. It's a good product if you have clear skin and want to take care of it and keep it smooth and clean. But I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking to clear up stubborn acne. Also, I did not buy the moisturizer that came with this line, I bought Clinique's dramatically different hydrating gel instead. The lady at the counter said most people preferred this one anyway. I loved that it was a pump because it always dispensed the perfect amount! It went on smooth and did not leave my skin feeling greasy, nor did it break me out. It also lasts an extremely long time, which made it worth the price.

Bottom line - if you have clear skin and want to maintain it, I recommend this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sammyk0303

I bought this about a week ago because my breakouts were getting worse and for the first few days it worked fell. Now i'm still using it but it has dried my face out to the point where it is flakey and burning!! I stopped using the second step so much so now I only use it at night time but it still hasn't gotten better and the moisturizer isn't helping. As for my acne.. it cleared up a lot but now i have dry skin where my acne use to be

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Mareez

I have tried soooo many acne treatments to get rid of my acne. I decided to try the clinique acne solutions line and I'm so glad I did. It has been the only thing that has helped clear up my skin although I do get the occasional breakout but my skin has never looked better. All my friends and family have told me how clear my skin looks since I started using it :). I have repurchased many times and will continue to as long as my skin needs it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this line a while back and I didn't like it much the cleaner didn't make me feel like my face was clean and the toner completely stripped my skin it felt horrible. the only thing I liked a little was the lotion cause it was some what effective and didnt dry me out. would never buy again. there are better acne products

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by tassekuchen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had oily, acne prone, and overall extremely sensitive skin all of my life. I am currently in my mid 30's and have used this Acne 3 step routine for over 10 years; I only use the acne line it in the summertime, since the heat activates my super oily skin and causes more breakouts than in the wintertime. In the winter, I use the normal Clinique 3 step routine. The Acne solid cleansing bar I do use all year round. It is the only product that I have been able to use and have my skin clear up, looking and feeling healthy again. It is a bit expensive, but worth it to me; I find that using a cotton ball makes the Clarifying Lotion last a lot longer. I will probably use this product for the rest of my life!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a small sample of this set that includes the bar soap, toner & moisturizer. I used to suffer from a moderate amount of acne but it has mostly cleared up in the past year or so except during that time of the month. I decided to give these products a try during that time as I had a breakout around my chin & mouth. I'm not sure specifically which product is to blame, but I only used it for 3-4 days & my skin was so dry, tight & flaky... I didn't notice any difference in the blemishes at all. It's possible that long-term it might be a solution for breakouts, but for me I can't imagine continuing to use it given how terrible my skin feels. Would rather have a few blemishes than have my whole face feel this dry!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

After having great skin through my entire 20s' and early 30's, I was suddenly struck by acne from hell thanks to PCO. I am not a fan of acne products because I find that you have to keep using them to keep acne at bay. They don't offer any long-term benefits. However, I was so desperate.

This did start clearing my skin up quite quickly. The cleansing foam is quite gentle but when you follow it up with the clarifying lotion, you will still find quite a lot of dirt on your cotton pad. The SA told me it was the dead cells, but I'm not convinced the cleansing foam really cleans thoroughly. If you use sunscreen and have really greasy skin, I find that you can do without the moisturiser. The thing that really seems to make a difference is the clarifying lotion (toner) but that seems to get over much quicker than the other products, maybe because it contains alcohol that evaporates faster.

In the end, I stopped using it because it was too expensive to maintain the habit. I also got on to birth control pills which seemed to sort out the problem. These products seem to be a quick-fix solution but I would always urge people to look for long-term solutions to acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I was using this stuff for about 3 years before I finally gave up and admitted to myself it wasnt working. Its expensive as all get out, and since it runs out so fast you are easily spending 100ish dollars every few months. The lotion that comes with it almost feels like its MORE drying than moisturizing. The whole system is extremely drying, which I found made my skin over produce oil, thus making it break out more. The short version:
*Cleanser leaves a lot to be desired
*Toner is way over drying
*Moisturizer does nothing to alleviate the over drying caused by the toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ak1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this line for about 8-10 months. I also had to purchase the $45 moisture surge to use with it since it was very drying, so the whole thing cost me over $100 every two months - that's $600-700 per year, it's A LOT to spend on skin products. At first I had great results and loved the products, but after a while it was drying out my skin to the point that it (1) hurt and (2) I started getting super oily and breaking out again so I stopped using this. Even though it got rid of my acne at first, in the end I feel like it ruined my skin. I've never had dry skin like I had with these products and I was worried I would start getting pre-mature wrinkles because of it!!!

The reason that I gave this line 1 star instead of 0 is because I still use the toner since it keeps the oil and acne at bay, but i use a super gentle cleaner and light moisturizer so my skin doesn't get dried out or irritated.

I wouldn't use this line again or recommend it (except for the toner of course).